Soil test and survey happened on Monday and reports are back already which is awesome. Soil type is P and we will need a H1 waffle slab which we expected so no rude shocks. That being said we are still waiting on final site costs so let's hope I haven't spoken too soon.
We'll need a site cut of 1.1 meters and fill of 0.9 meters due to our slope and turns out our driveway will be too steep. Our garage will be dropped to 516mm with 2 steps up from garage to internal entry. This makes our garage walls too high apparently so will need to apply for a dispensation from the council.
Also had word from DJM that we would need to apply for a dispensation for the alfresco, but as mentioned previously in the post we already changed windows and sliding doors to french doors at our cost so I am waiting for clarification on why we need dispensation. If we still need to apply, may as well change it back to windows and sliders as per original design (and save $1k if they let us).
Once engineering is completed we wait for building permit and asset protection permit from council.
Would be interesting to know how much site costs you end up with. I may end with a similar soil test results.
I'll let you know once we get them, hopefully next week.