Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Inspired Homes/Como Homes - Handover

Page 11 of 14
[quote="Clareymoo"]Week 31

No tradies there today so only photos through the windows. Don't blame them, this is day 3 of 35+ degree heat in Autumn in Melbourne.

Tiling has been done, Belga Grey like a lot of other people, to wet areas only. We are having the rest of the flooring done after handover. We could also see wall tiles for the laundry and bathroom looking nice. Plastering has been completed except for the garage so bulkheads are done and under the stairs filled in. The control and return air for the heating is in and door handles have been installed.

Closer and closer and closer.

In other drama this week we got a $400 water bill for the block .. what the heck!! Let our SS know straight away and he had Yarra Valley Water come out to find a major leak on their side of the meter. It was fixed yesterday and I will be calling YVW on Monday to talk about reimbursements. We also have some water pooling at the back of the block, possibly from our neighbours (who also built with Como) so our SS will chat with their SS and see what's what.

Great to see tiling is happening! Ours were to start last week but didn’t! $400 oh wow
for a water bill .. hope it gets sorted clareymoo!! Exciting times ahead, what’s next ? Benchtops, tapware?

Manj
Clareymoo
Week 31

No tradies there today so only photos through the windows. Don't blame them, this is day 3 of 35+ degree heat in Autumn in Melbourne.

Tiling has been done, Belga Grey like a lot of other people, to wet areas only. We are having the rest of the flooring done after handover. We could also see wall tiles for the laundry and bathroom looking nice. Plastering has been completed except for the garage so bulkheads are done and under the stairs filled in. The control and return air for the heating is in and door handles have been installed.

In other drama this week we got a $400 water bill for the block .. what the heck!! Let our SS know straight away and he had Yarra Valley Water come out to find a major leak on their side of the meter. It was fixed yesterday and I will be calling YVW on Monday to talk about reimbursements. We also have some water pooling at the back of the block, possibly from our neighbours (who also built with Como) so our SS will chat with their SS and see what's what.

Great to see tiling is happening! Ours were to start last week but didn’t! $400 oh wow
for a water bill .. hope it gets sorted clareymoo!! Exciting times ahead, what’s next ? Benchtops, tapware?

Benchtops are in and looking lovely. They need to do some carpentry installing the shelves etc in the robes, plaster up the garage, touch up painting, garage door .. I don't think tap ware is in yet either, and some render on the facade.
Clareymoo
Manj
Clareymoo
Week 31

Benchtops are in and looking lovely. They need to do some carpentry installing the shelves etc in the robes, plaster up the garage, touch up painting, garage door .. I don't think tap ware is in yet either, and some render on the facade.

Oh great, yes you’ve got benchtops .. you are nearly there now, we still don’t have those, no electrical rough in either ..
maybe it’s all happening in the next week or so

Manj
Clareymoo

Oh great, yes you’ve got benchtops .. you are nearly there now, we still don’t have those, no electrical rough in either ..
maybe it’s all happening in the next week or so

Electrics was really quick when ours was done. Yours is flying so I wouldnt be surprised if it's done in a day hehe
Week 32

No tradies on site today so more window snooping. The goop has come off so more of a view inside. Electrical has gone in, lights, switches etc. Heating vents are in and tiling has been grouted. Plaster has been worked on in the garage and kitchen tap is in so I assume the bathrooms are close to finished too. Seems like just bits and pieces and appliances left to go.

The man hole has been cut into the garage so will email SS about that next week. Water pools are still happening but being investigated. YVW, well that's a work in progress.

Laundry floor tiles

Outdoor tap

Outdoor electrical

Manhole

Entry
Bought a dishwasher, it's a bit exciting. I have a Choice membership so we did a bit of research and this one was on special at the Good Guys so we got it for $1k. They will hold it till handover and can organise installation.

Bosch
Clareymoo
Bought a dishwasher, it's a bit exciting. I have a Choice membership so we did a bit of research and this one was on special at the Good Guys so we got it for $1k. They will hold it till handover and can organise installation.

Bosch

Good pick
@clareymoo we have Bosch too for both dishwashing and washing .. been using for 10 plus years and no complaints !! The positive experience made me choose a steam oven and coffee machine too for our home

Week 33

Not much action this week. The garage door has been installed but that bath is still in the dining room lol. More of the internal doors were open today so I saw that cabinetry has been done in the WIP and the WIR so I assume all the other cupboards have shelves too. Bathroom tapware is installed and mirrors but not the shower screens yet.

No date for PCI just yet, hopefully soon!

Cant really tell from the photo but looking at the ensuite, taps and feature tile strip under the mirror.

[quote="Clareymoo"]Week 33

Not much action this week. The garage door has been installed but that bath is still in the dining room lol. More of the internal doors were open today so I saw that cabinetry has been done in the WIP and the WIR so I assume all the other cupboards have shelves too. Bathroom tapware is installed and mirrors but not the shower screens yet.

No date for PCI just yet, hopefully soon!

Cant really tell from the photo but looking at the ensuite, taps and feature tile strip under the mirror.

Hope you hear soon about your PCI Clareymoo! Exciting times ahead!!

Tentative PCI Friday next week
Clareymoo

Woohoo!! Congratulations Clareymoo .. I told you that you’d get there first!!

Manj
Clareymoo

Haha I still think you won't be very far behind us, you've been flying!
Clareymoo
Manj
Clareymoo

We have a benchtop delay atm .. looking forward to hearing your PCI experience .. are you getting an inspector in?

Manj
Clareymoo
Manj

We have a benchtop delay atm .. looking forward to hearing your PCI experience .. are you getting an inspector in?

Yes he'll go through beforehand so we can take his report in with us on the day.
Clareymoo
Manj
Clareymoo
[quote="Manj"]

Yes he'll go through beforehand so we can take his report in with us on the day.[/quote]

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing all about it from you .. good luck!

Week 33

Well PCI has been booked in for Friday next week! We went by today and some tradies were on site so we managed to sneak in and have a look around. The shower screens have been installed and the bath is in it's proper place. Toilets are in. Some stuff I can already see doesn't match to the plans - like the shelves in the pantry. But that's what PCI is for right.

Ensuite shower

Ensuite vanity

WIR shelving

Pantry shelving - all wrong but too hard to explain here

Laundry - splash back tiles are textured, so hard to capture in a photo

Bath

Powedr room
Week 34

PCI has been delayed to Wednesday this week. No problems would rather them show us a complete house than have a really long list of stuff to fix after we move in. Painters were on site today doing their touch ups so we were able to go inside. A second manhole has been added to the laundry which is good, more accessible than the garage. Garage door is on and working. Still needs mirrors, wall tiles in the powder room and paint to the external doors (it's raining in Melbourne today so can't be done). We'll get there.
Clareymoo
Week 34

PCI has been delayed to Wednesday this week. No problems would rather them show us a complete house than have a really long list of stuff to fix after we move in. Painters were on site today doing their touch ups so we were able to go inside. A second manhole has been added to the laundry which is good, more accessible than the garage. Garage door is on and working. Still needs mirrors, wall tiles in the powder room and paint to the external doors (it's raining in Melbourne today so can't be done). We'll get there.

Oh no @claremoo, but on the flip side you will have almost 99% completed house at PCI

We have had delays too so I doubt we’ll be having PCI around 10th .. I’d rather have all things fixed before PCI and have a completed house

Manj
Clareymoo
Week 34

Oh no @claremoo, but on the flip side you will have almost 99% completed house at PCI

We have had delays too so I doubt we’ll be having PCI around 10th .. I’d rather have all things fixed before PCI and have a completed house

The 10th is not far away at all. Yes we've waited so long for this house a few more days here or there won't hurt. Como have to star paying us as of 6th May so I think they'll do everything to make sure we have the keys before then.
Clareymoo
Manj
Clareymoo
Week 34

The 10th is not far away at all. Yes we've waited so long for this house a few more days here or there won't hurt. Como have to star paying us as of 6th May so I think they'll do everything to make sure we have the keys before then.

Did PCI go ahead yesterday clareymoo hope it went well

Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum