Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Inspired Homes/Como Homes - Handover

Page 10 of 14
Week 23

Some render went up on the blueboard section of the facade but that's all. Surprised anything happened really.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful NYE and here's to 2019 in our new house.
Clareymoo
Week 23

Some render went up on the blueboard section of the facade but that's all. Surprised anything happened really.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful NYE and here's to 2019 in our new house.

Wishing you and the fam the same clareymoo

Week 24

A little bit more render has been done around the garage roof, again more than I was expecting. SS is due back on the 14th Jan so hopefully things will kick up a gear then
Week 25

Internal doors and skirting have been delivered. Finally measured the ceiling height and it's 3330 (huge!) and add another 500 on to that for the garage. Back fence is done as our back neighbour is close to hand over.

SS is back on deck on Monday so keen to see some movement.
Week 26

Cabinetry and internal doors have been installed along with the front door and waterproofing for the showers and bath. Our island bench is huge and makes our open area look a lot smaller but that's ok it will all fit. Brickies were on site today adding bricks to in under the alfresco, I think the wall may have been too high and blank for rendered blue board. Fixing invoice arrived this week and I believe paint will be next.

Ensuite vanity

Ensuite

Front door

Internal door

Kitchen

Other side of island bench

Cooker side of kitchen

Cupboards over fridge space. I hope they put a bulkhead above

Bath

Bathroom vanity

Shower

Laundry

Kitchen sink
Hey Clareymoo, Looks fantastic! Love the big island! What finish did you go for on the kitchen cabinetry?
Im tossing between the Createc New Ultra White and the Themo Ultra white gloss but there is no price difference that helps sway my decision and I haven't been able to find any other evidence with for and against, for longevity or wearability.
Would love to know what helped your choice?

I was looking at the pic above the cook top the one where you were hoping that they put a bulk head...
I have an awful feeling that they won't as it looks like your cornice is up already? I doubt they would of done that if they were putting up a bulk head?

May end up a variation?
Lukaa
Hey Clareymoo, Looks fantastic! Love the big island! What finish did you go for on the kitchen cabinetry?
Im tossing between the Createc New Ultra White and the Themo Ultra white gloss but there is no price difference that helps sway my decision and I haven't been able to find any other evidence with for and against, for longevity or wearability.

I was looking at the pic above the cook top the one where you were hoping that they put a bulk head...
I have an awful feeling that they won't as it looks like your cornice is up already? I doubt they would of done that if they were putting up a bulk head?

May end up a variation?

Ooh hard questions this far in lol. Let me look at my colours doc. Polytec polar white with sheen finish. Hubby wanted gloss but I remember it being a big cost to upgrade and I think sheen will hold less fingerprints than gloss.

We're going to have to take a trip down to the display I think to refresh on the bulk heads. I also think we might need to move the man hole from the garage into the house as I don't think many tradies have a 4m ladder.
[quote="Clareymoo"]Week 26

Cabinetry and internal doors have been installed along with the front door and waterproofing for the showers and bath. Our island bench is huge and makes our open area look a lot smaller but that's ok it will all fit. Brickies were on site today adding bricks to in under the alfresco, I think the wall may have been too high and blank for rendered blue board. Fixing invoice arrived this week and I believe paint will be next.

clareymoo... great progress .. looking good! Btw I cannot understand why they fit everything before painting
don’t you get paint stains on the cabinetry and stone ..

Manj
Clareymoo
Week 26

clareymoo... great progress .. looking good! Btw I cannot understand why they fit everything before painting
don’t you get paint stains on the cabinetry and stone ..

Yeah the cabinet doors are a concern but I suppose they are easily replaced. There's no stone yet and no inbuilt shelves they actually mentioned this in the contract a variation that fixing stage excludes those as they don't want them to get paint on them
Week 27

Stairs have been installed, 2 from the garage to the house and 4 from the main area to the kids area. They look good and will only look better once painted and covered. The render in the alfresco has had a second coat applied and looks really nice. Same with the facade but the scaffolding is still up so it's hard to see/take a photo. Not a lot else has happened. The laundry bench had a hole cut out for the trough and some tradies were on site filling in all the nail holes etc getting ready for paint.

Render in the alfresco

Staircase

Garage stairs

Island bench has had the other section on black wenge attached
Week 28

Not a lot of action this week. Sanding and getting prepared for paint. The outside of our site has been cleaned up a bit and the fencing is a bit more secure. Haven't hear from our SS this year but hopefully painting will start soon.
Clareymoo
Lukaa

May end up a variation?

Ooh hard questions this far in lol. Let me look at my colours doc. Polytec polar white with sheen finish. Hubby wanted gloss but I remember it being a big cost to upgrade and I think sheen will hold less fingerprints than gloss.

We're going to have to take a trip down to the display I think to refresh on the bulk heads. I also think we might need to move the man hole from the garage into the house as I don't think many tradies have a 4m ladder.

Hey Clareymoo, upon further investigation I am still non the wiser as to which is the better product from Polytec. Polytec themselves can't even advise. So I will just have to bite the bullet and flip a coin.
I am constantly having to pop down to the display home to check on things LOL, and I'm only at tender stage!
Who did you deal with at the como/arden head office whilst doing your tender?

Will they charge you a variation to move your manhole?
Lukaa
Clareymoo
Lukaa

May end up a variation?

Hey Clareymoo, upon further investigation I am still non the wiser as to which is the better product from Polytec. Polytec themselves can't even advise. So I will just have to bite the bullet and flip a coin.
I am constantly having to pop down to the display home to check on things LOL, and I'm only at tender stage!
Who did you deal with at the como/arden head office whilst doing your tender?

Will they charge you a variation to move your manhole?

We had other things to spend money on, hubby really wanted the gloss but I wore him down .. and we got handle-less overhead cupboards and waterfall edges to the island bench instead.

When we were at tender stage it was all still with Arden. We were working with Kirsty and Joanne did our tender presentation. We now have Courtney as our CSA and she is lovely.

Our plans show bulkheads over the kitchen and laundry cabinets but not the fridge ones, thats OK I can deal with that as the fridge is in the pantry.

Havent called my SS about the manhole yet had so much other stuff going on. I really need to do it this week.
Week 28

We've been locked out
BUT .. that means our stone has been installed. From what we could see through the one window that has no goop on it, it looks amazing! Also, bulkheads are going in! Phew! Oh and the scaffolding at the front has finally come down. The facade is not yet finished but looks so good without the skeleton around it.

Emailed my SS this week about the man hole, finally, and he agreed that having it in the garage would make it inaccessible. He is going to see if we can put it in the WIR then if that's also too high we'll put it in the back corner of the kids rumpus room.

Oh wow! It looks fantastic!
So very exciting!!
Week 29

We managed to pick a time to visit today when the tradies were still on site and happy for us to come in. Paint is 90% done, just some additional work to be done once the bulkheads are completed and on the stairs. It looks amazing!! So bright and light and airy. So very happy with it - we picked Lexicon half strength which is white with a slight grey tinge. We'll warm up the place with furnishings.

Sinks have been installed in the kitchen and 2 bathrooms but not the powder or laundry yet. It was great to see the stone up close, it looks fantastic. Tiles have been delivered but haven't started yet. Hopefully only a few more weeks till it's ours!

Entryway showing the awesome paint job

Ensuite

Kitchen sink

Bulkhead over the fridge space, woo!

Wardrobe

Main bathroom

Kitchen
Week 30

From what we could see through the clear windows nothing has happened this week. We did however get a tentative PCI date of 4 weeks. It's close! Hopefully in by Easter weekend (that includes time for post hand over flooring)
Clareymoo
Week 30

From what we could see through the clear windows nothing has happened this week. We did however get a tentative PCI date of 4 weeks. It's close! Hopefully in by Easter weekend (that includes time for post hand over flooring)

Woohoo!! PCI in 4 weeks means so awesome!! clareymoo things are moving fast now !!

Manj
Clareymoo
Week 30

Woohoo!! PCI in 4 weeks means so awesome!! clareymoo things are moving fast now !!

They are, I still think you're going to beat us though lol
Week 31

No tradies there today so only photos through the windows. Don't blame them, this is day 3 of 35+ degree heat in Autumn in Melbourne.

Tiling has been done, Belga Grey like a lot of other people, to wet areas only. We are having the rest of the flooring done after handover. We could also see wall tiles for the laundry and bathroom looking nice. Plastering has been completed except for the garage so bulkheads are done and under the stairs filled in. The control and return air for the heating is in and door handles have been installed.

Closer and closer and closer.

In other drama this week we got a $400 water bill for the block .. what the heck!! Let our SS know straight away and he had Yarra Valley Water come out to find a major leak on their side of the meter. It was fixed yesterday and I will be calling YVW on Monday to talk about reimbursements. We also have some water pooling at the back of the block, possibly from our neighbours (who also built with Como) so our SS will chat with their SS and see what's what.

Front door bling

Laundry splash back

Plaster under stairs

Bulkhead

Builkhead in lounge room and heater control

Bathroom wall tiles

Floor tiles
Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum