Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

ADH - custom KDR in Clearview. Countdown to handover!!

Page 18 of 21
Raised porch and eaves today

Eaves

👍👍

Really looking forward to our eaves going in the insulation has blown out a bit on one side.
Code128

Really looking forward to our eaves going in the insulation has blown out a bit on one side.
Hope your eaves go up soon. Especially with the weather at the moment

Looking a lot more complete.
We are a bit nervous about the colour of the render on the raised portico. What we had the $$$ to have timber there

Feel like nothing has happened for a while. Electrician in today. Doors to be installed early next week and tiles at end of week. Then following week is 2nd fix plumbing.
We've heard that the driveway may be delayed due to the rain as it is pretty wet and will take a while to dry up. Ss still confident on 6 month from slab completion, but won't commit to a date for pci

Nawsome
Feel like nothing has happened for a while. Electrician in today. Doors to be installed early next week and tiles at end of week. Then following week is 2nd fix plumbing.
We've heard that the driveway may be delayed due to the rain as it is pretty wet and will take a while to dry up. Ss still confident on 6 month from slab completion, but won't commit to a date for pci

Yeah ours is a bit like that this week, a few things happening but just little bits so it feels slow. I asked if we were still on track but we basically got a blanket response that they will endeavour to meet the date originally stated 🤔
So sad, but I'm excited about light switches!

Electrical have been out most of the week, but no one else. We've spoken the the ss and does well be next week. He is still confident that we'll be done around the 6 month mark (mid September) apart from the concrete surround and driveways. We are hoping to get handover without the concrete (with a contract that it will be done in October) so we can get on with our our flooring, bir etc.
Keeping fx as our rental is only until October

Wasn't expecting the garage doors yet! So excited

that garage door looks good. what colour /style iwill your driveway be?
only a couple of weeks to go now isnt it
Just getting normal concrete for driveways. Budget permitting down the track, may get them sprayed.
Hopefully only a few weeks off now. Just got our bill for substantial completion of 2nd fix, so looking forward to not paying rent as well as the mortgage!
Dh went passed tonight and the plumber was in there - tiling starts tomorrow and he'll be there next week to put in toilets, taps etc.
And the driveway areas have been dug out ready for the concrete.

looking good !!
You must be getting excited!!
Floor tiles done.
Looks like they have been working on the storm water and prepping for paint. The panel lift doors have been removed and the handles taped.
Tilers said they should be done on Monday. I got a quick walk through today as they wanted confirmation of where to put feature tiles in ensuite.

Thinking about outside furniture. Dh is keen to get the bar height table rather than normal height. The table is smaller too which is probably a good thing for fitting in the courtyard area, but also means less room on the table to put stuff - by the time you put you plates, glasses etc, there will be no sun for anything else

Painting started yesterday. Hope to get a pci date soon. Ss said he'll work out the date after tiling is completed.
List left of to do:
Finish painting
2nd fix plumbing
Aircon
Shower screens (told 2 weeks after tiling finished)
Concreting (probably after handover)

Then for after handover:
Flooring
Bir

So close now!

Chose the doors for the bir for the kids rooms. Spent a little more getting the opti doors, but they look nice and modern, plus don't show fingerprints (apparently)

Splash back is in!
Acid wash started on the bricks and prefer the before!
Front door still to be stained, but also will have a black security door

Looks like the painting inside is done, still a bit to go on the outside. Security screens installed for the sliding doors, but not front door yet, so lots completed.

But ss so had said that we were on track due 6 month build got his dates mixed up, so we won't be finished when expected, but looking now at Oct not September
I am so disappointed at the moment. I think if we'd been told that the was a delay, I would be prepared, but he's been saying all along that it was on track.

Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum