Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

ADH - custom KDR in Clearview. Countdown to handover!!

Page 16 of 21
And not started yet :/ not sure what's going on at the moment as they look like they've been ready to start for days. Weather isn't looking rainy all next week too. Dh will call the ss today

I'm in shock. The brickies started today. Not much to look at, but I'm excited

A start is a start. That's positive, and on a long weekend too!

They are still hard at work, and on the Sunday off a long weekend! Really interesting to see the tools of their trade.

Dod-gy night pics, but wow, brickies got stuck into it today. Can't wait to go back tomorrow and see the bricks in the light

Nawsome
Dod-gy night pics, but wow, brickies got stuck into it today. Can't wait to go back tomorrow and see the bricks in the light

Good stuff bricks finally ! Short days in winter are no good for checking out what’s happend are they haha.
Looking good. I only got my pics today in light because i left work 30 mins early Haha.

Some daylight pics. The brickies were working today which surprised me with the rain. Real troopers.

Looks really good, hopefully the rain stays away long enough for them to get you brick work finished.
We had a few more pallets of bricks delivered today. Think it might have been a bit muddy!
Still impatiently waiting for the bricks to be up properly (and dry) so we can see what our house looks like

Looks good
lovisa
Looks good

thanks.
how is your home - must be coming up to 3 months now? hope you are loving it
Nawsome
lovisa
Looks good

thanks.
how is your home - must be coming up to 3 months now? hope you are loving it

Yes submitted list last month but still have things from handover thats outstanding
been a nightmare dealing with them the ss just didn’t even try to do things on h/o list! Been a month sice 3month ist and nothing yet been done... the quality of some things is horrible (like grouting just comig oose and faling out etc.) but cbs and hia is currently looking at it for us. Been along road that will hopefully end soon and have everything fixed soon

Hoping you don’t have as much frustration as we did! But willnever recomend our builder nor build with them again.

Your house is looking great
Bricks so close to being finished. How they'll be finished be end of the week

those bricks look good.
You need to change your title now
BrentandAllison
You need to change your title now
Yep, no longer just the frame

Dh had a chat with the brickies this morning. They only have a couple of hours work left, but are worried that there won't be enough bricks to finish. Not really sure what that means as we don't know how easily they can get those few last bricks.

But they also said that we could easily brick in our carport if we wanted. Need to do some sums, but would be awesome if we could

Pink, my new favourite colour

Plaster. House feels bigger and darker. Not much light into our ensuite

Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum