Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

ADH - custom KDR in Clearview. Countdown to handover!!

Page 11 of 21
So excited over any progress!! Still have the compacted rubble to come before they start on the trenches

I might have had to buy some new boots for myself for site visits

Dont forget your fluro vest and hard hat! Awesome to see things happening!! Yay!
we have a toilet!!!
So exciting! Cant wait for your slab
Lol who thought you would get so excited to see a toilet 😝
This toilet is probably better than what we had in the original house!!

More progress today - we have yellow string! Hoping this means that trenches aren't far away now

Yay yes trenches soon
Dh spoke with the SS - trenching to start tomorrow and will take 2 days.
Slab due to be down next week
Yay
trenches have started (loving that I work on the road, so can detour passed our build)

Yay
progress. will have framework up before you know it.
exciting as you actually see it start taking shape though
Excellent ! We only get to see what’s happened at the end of the day but our neighbour sends us an update photo now and then which is brilliant.
Trenches are complete - looks massive!! Looking forward to the slab being down so we can explore it a bit more

Yay! Exciting times! Cant wait to see your photos and updates!
Looks good. Congrats

Pipework completed.
This is great as we can start to picture where the wet areas are and therefore all the other areas. Still impatient to get the slab down so we can walk on it - the kids wanted to explore today, but I wouldn't let them
And, that's a wrap!!
Nice being able to see more the shape of the house. Still hanging out for the slab though
Feel self conscious taking pics when tradies are there - the awkward "hi", snap a pic and run!!

Lol hi had hubby do that on his way home every night! He use to say its just weird for him taking photos of other men working πŸ˜‚ he then started saying its for my wife! The one guy said dude its weird why you take photo of working men for your wife! ? He then said not you work men but of the work on our house 😝 one was without s shirt that day!
lovisa
Lol hi had hubby do that on his way home every night! He use to say its just weird for him taking photos of other men working πŸ˜‚ he then started saying its for my wife! The one guy said dude its weird why you take photo of working men for your wife! ? He then said not you work men but of the work on our house 😝 one was without s shirt that day!

so what day is slab day?
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum