Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Allworth Carlisle Build In Western Sydney

Page 8 of 8
originalcollector
mrbiggens
Landscaping just about done, just some gardens and fences to go!!

Hi
Thanks for sharing the finished product from Allworth.
In your opinion how was the process from start to finish?
How were they to deal with and your thoughts on what is included vs what you had to upgrade.

Hi OriginalCollector

The prebuild process is a little tedious, but that is the same with most builders. Allworth at the time we’re not very good with assisting with selections or interior finishes, not sure if that has changed recently, so be sure to have a good idea of what you want it to look like.

The Carlisle already came with their top finish package at the time so included a fitted laundry, stone bench tops with waterfall ends etc. I did the flooring after handover, as the Allworth range is very basic. I do recall the kitchen people thinking it was a licence to print money, so be prepared to pay through the nose for any kitchen upgrades, especially the benchtops.

All in all the building phase went pretty well, just a couple of things I had to get them to sort out. They did get it to handover in around 20weeks from memory, but pretty sure I had a timeline at the start of the post.

They are definitely a value for money builder that are great if you know what you want and don’t want and fancy frills or a Mac Jones display home.
mrbiggens
So not much to update at them moment, we have sorted out our external colours and just waiting to get and do it all officially now. Have had agreement in writing from Coral's sales manager to refund our deposit less the cost of a contour survey which they performed before I cancelled with them, so a small win.

External Colours will be:

Brick - PGH Blackheath
Roof / Gutter - Colourbond Basalt
Facia - Colourbond Basalt or Surfmist, still deciding on whether or not to break up the roof line colours (any tips / thoughts would be appreciated)
Eaves - White
Windows and Garage Door - Colourbond Surfmist
Render to Front Columns - Light Grey
Timber slats to front porch and Front door to be a mid red stain (probably merbau or similar, so I can match the decking on the front porch with customwood).
Downpipes will be painted to match the roof colour.

Looking forward to getting some proper drawing in the next week or so.

Hi there!

Looks like Blackheath brick is still in use and we really like it. It will be amazing to see the final output with the your choice of colours. It would be great if you can share a picture of how it looks now.

Thanks !
ashhme
mrbiggens
So not much to update at them moment, we have sorted out our external colours and just waiting to get and do it all officially now. Have had agreement in writing from Coral's sales manager to refund our deposit less the cost of a contour survey which they performed before I cancelled with them, so a small win.

External Colours will be:

Brick - PGH Blackheath
Roof / Gutter - Colourbond Basalt
Facia - Colourbond Basalt or Surfmist, still deciding on whether or not to break up the roof line colours (any tips / thoughts would be appreciated)
Eaves - White
Windows and Garage Door - Colourbond Surfmist
Render to Front Columns - Light Grey
Timber slats to front porch and Front door to be a mid red stain (probably merbau or similar, so I can match the decking on the front porch with customwood).
Downpipes will be painted to match the roof colour.

Looking forward to getting some proper drawing in the next week or so.

Hi there!

Looks like Blackheath brick is still in use and we really like it. It will be amazing to see the final output with the your choice of colours. It would be great if you can share a picture of how it looks now.

Thanks !

Here is a recent pic 😁
Thank You ! Beautiful home 🏠! I will use most of the combination you used because your house looks amazing. God bless you and your family

Thanks again!
Regards,
Ash
Thank You ! Beautiful home 🏠! I will use most of the combination you used because your house looks amazing. God bless you and your family

Thanks again!
Regards,
Ash
Related
8/06/2023
Small builders in Western Sydney (NSW)

Building A New House

Hi all, We are looking to build a new two storey house in western Sydney. Can anyone recommend a smallish builder to go with? We are trying to stay away from the big…

6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

18/09/2023
Adhesive seals for western red cedar windows

Windows & Doors

I’m restoring all my 40yr old windows and I want to install seals around the casements. I’ve sanded back and oiled the frames with sikkens. My plan is to box up inside…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum