Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Bardia - New Breeze

Page 50 of 69
IamSAM
absep19
regmiboyer
Thanks for asking this question. I am also looking for this info.

I have few quotations. Just want to know if anyone have used this service, their experience and value they got from it.

I have recently used Housepect and the quote for 4 standard inspections was about 1800 or so. They sent reports within 24 hours of the visit which was helpful. I shared the reports with builder and all issues that needed attention were addressed. There were some issues that the builder had a different opinion on (or were not included in contract) and thus were not addressed by builder.
I think the inspection was useful as I have no formal qualification/understanding of construction..so a third party advice was helpful.

I have housepect quote of 2500 for 4 stages. Jim's inspection has good product review and cheapest so far, $1900. May take them up. Generally all of them send report in 24 hours and none of them do roof inspection if its a double story home.
IamSAM
absep19
regmiboyer

I have few quotations. Just want to know if anyone have used this service, their experience and value they got from it.

I have recently used Housepect and the quote for 4 standard inspections was about 1800 or so. They sent reports within 24 hours of the visit which was helpful. I shared the reports with builder and all issues that needed attention were addressed. There were some issues that the builder had a different opinion on (or were not included in contract) and thus were not addressed by builder.
I think the inspection was useful as I have no formal qualification/understanding of construction..so a third party advice was helpful.

Hi Regmiboyer, I was looking to employ independent inspector too. One of the inspector company offered following inspections
- Slab Down
- Wall and Roof Framing Complete
- Pre-Lining/Brickwork and Veneer Complete/Roof On
- Water Proofing Inspection
- Pre-Handover

I had asked another inspector for the price for the above. The reply I got " You only need to do pre linings and completion inspections on an independent basis as the rest of the project is certified by a PCA and an Engineer. you only need two, not the inspections you have listed, which no doubt you are being advised off other inspectors you need, well you don’t!"
Do you agree?
Appreciate your comment on this.
Regards.
The slab, framing and water proofing are certified by the providing agency. This is a self-certification and is essential for obtaining Occupancy Certificate. (many other similar certifications are also required for OC). The independent inspection are over-n-above the self certifications and for owners peace of mind. The independent inspection itself is discretionary and so are the stages within.
IamSAM
absep19
regmiboyer

My building inspector charge me $450 with all formal report event marked the rain mark so the builder will do the defects
[quote defaultattr=""]

My building inspector charge me $450 with all formal report event marked the rain mark so the builder will do the defects[/quote]
Are you satisfied with his service? If yes, Can you please pass his details?
regmiboyer
[quote defaultattr=""]

My building inspector charge me $450 with all formal report event marked the rain mark so the builder will do the defects

Are you satisfied with his service? If yes, Can you please pass his details?[/quote]

It’s only for final inspection though, do you still want it?
IamSAM
absep19
regmiboyer

Good to know.
I was anticipating approx $400 per visit.

However, would you expect a good SS to pick these up and rectify as it forms part of their job.

I suppose most obvious ones yes, but someone looking closely to every detail, highly unlikely that a SS will do it. Some used inspector to find many dummy tiles, other have found missing screws and hinges as well not proportioned internal door and fixtures, other have highlighted painting coats and recommend to do again, scratched on window glasses , window not sealed well etc etc...you wouldn't know immediately or impact in long term unless someone knowledgeable points that for you. That's where inspectors add value and greater comfort is peace of mind. However this all is discretionary to an individual. Builder does rely on SS and their certifier to ensure build is as per Australian standards. Some are just comfortable with that. Personally speaking, i would think for 400k+ of investment, an independent quality check is a must.
Hey guys. I have exchanged contract and paid 10% deposit months ago waiting registration. But I would like to change lots in the same street (upgrade to a bigger one) I’ve been told I would lose the 10% deposit by the sales team. Does anyone know if they have canceled there contract to buy a different one without losing the whole deposit.
I would talk to the developer.
Hasan
Hey guys. I have exchanged contract and paid 10% deposit months ago waiting registration. But I would like to change lots in the same street (upgrade to a bigger one) I’ve been told I would lose the 10% deposit by the sales team. Does anyone know if they have canceled there contract to buy a different one without losing the whole deposit.

Hi Hasan,

We changed our lot sizes from the 400 Sqm to the 532 sqm just after paying the $1000 deposit, but before contracts were exchanged and that was allowed with no issue and I understand that's not your situation, but what transpired before the exchange may have some relevance to you.

Our land was 630k, we put our house up for sale but due to issues with our real estate agent we didnt manage to sell it quickly enough. The developer (for whatever reason) held our land for us on just the 1k for a long period of time. Eventually after a lot of discussion and going back and forth, they agreed to a 5% deposit initially and then the other 5% after the house sells, but that had to happen all within 3 months. This was all after months and months of telling us that 5% deposit wouldnt be allowed.

This was only possible because of an excellent sales manager who spoke directly to the developer on our behalf. The Dahua group solicitors were not budging, but help came from the developer directly.

It maybe worth paying a visit to the sales office and speaking to them, but if you have exchanged contracts and pull out, you do generally have to forfeit the 10%. Its written in their contract, so with this one they may not be as kind.

What land size you trying to change to?

I wish you good luck.
Hasan

Hi Hasan, can you find a potential buyer so you won't lose the 10% deposit? Maybe check with your developer. We recently paid our deposit to the land which is titled in 2019 Q2 and we asked that if we find another land and exhange for it, we will need to request approval from the developer then find another buyer of the land so we won't lose our deposit.
Hi everyone!

Just curios about the Driveways and the common driveways servicing the rear access lots.

My proposed drive way overlaps the common rear access driveway as well as the partially completed footpath.

Is it recommended to work around the existing driveway and foot path?

Cheers
GLO
Melbournevic
Hasan

Hi Hasan, can you find a potential buyer so you won't lose the 10% deposit? Maybe check with your developer. We recently paid our deposit to the land which is titled in 2019 Q2 and we asked that if we find another land and exhange for it, we will need to request approval from the developer then find another buyer of the land so we won't lose our deposit.

Kool thanks. I’ve asked my solicitor to talk to the developer. How would you go about finding a new buyer? Do you have to advertise it yourself through an agent?
Cooky
Hasan

Hi Hasan,

We changed our lot sizes from the 400 Sqm to the 532 sqm just after paying the $1000 deposit, but before contracts were exchanged and that was allowed with no issue and I understand that's not your situation, but what transpired before the exchange may have some relevance to you.

Our land was 630k, we put our house up for sale but due to issues with our real estate agent we didnt manage to sell it quickly enough. The developer (for whatever reason) held our land for us on just the 1k for a long period of time. Eventually after a lot of discussion and going back and forth, they agreed to a 5% deposit initially and then the other 5% after the house sells, but that had to happen all within 3 months. This was all after months and months of telling us that 5% deposit wouldnt be allowed.

This was only possible because of an excellent sales manager who spoke directly to the developer on our behalf. The Dahua group solicitors were not budging, but help came from the developer directly.

It maybe worth paying a visit to the sales office and speaking to them, but if you have exchanged contracts and pull out, you do generally have to forfeit the 10%. Its written in their contract, so with this one they may not be as kind.

I wish you good luck.

Thanks. The quarter acre lots Hopefully
Hasan
Melbournevic
Hasan

Kool thanks. I’ve asked my solicitor to talk to the developer. How would you go about finding a new buyer? Do you have to advertise it yourself through an agent?

agent. but it's slow period now, tough to sell due to over supply...

generally solicitor doesn't have that much incentive to negotiate. if I were you , I would try to talk with jesse regarding this
Hasan
Cooky
Hasan

Hi Hasan,

I wish you good luck.

Thanks. The quarter acre lots Hopefully
How much are they?

Hasan

Hi Hasan,

I changed things but in different ways. I'm not sure if my examples help...

Once, I accidentally chose the wrong lot. I changed it and I wasn't charged again. I paid the $1,000 at this point.

The second time I changed names on the contract. At first, I only had my name on the contract. Then, I changed it to add in my boyfriend's name. This was just before contracts exchanged. They made me pay solicitors fees of around $1,400 for this change.

At best, you can ask them to just let you pay the solicitors fee and see what they say.

If they still don't let you, talk to your conveyancer.

Also, would you still be ok to have the smaller one or you really want the bigger lot?

Smaller land, smaller house, less cleaning, less mortgage. Everyone is different though and can afford different things.

I hope things work out
Hasan
Melbournevic
Hasan

Hi

Can I get your phone number to offer help
Regards
Sadik
Anyone looking for a builder go with

Desire homes

Jaz Chandi

+61 411 197 403

Let him know Hasan from SKD kitchens refered you and hopefully he gives you the same price I get. $1350 per sqm. Custom built homes to your liking and that’s for top of the range designs and high ceiling.

I’ve looked Everywhere and no1 will give you that price but him.

Worth calling him if anyone hasn’t signed yet.
Related
20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum