Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Bardia - New Breeze

Page 48 of 69
Hi Guys,

I saw some builders today and was advised 270sqm is the maximum area I can build. This includes void, alfresco, garage etc ?

He advised I can build a house that is around 33sq which is 305sqm. Is this possible given restriction of 270sqm max area ?
thecube
Hi Guys,

I saw some builders today and was advised 270sqm is the maximum area I can build. This includes void, alfresco, garage etc ?

He advised I can build a house that is around 33sq which is 305sqm. Is this possible given restriction of 270sqm max area ?

Thr information from your builder is correct. 33sq is the max size for you.
270 excludes void and alfresco, but include half garage (if you having double garage)
Hey everyone in Point Release,

just a heads up, streets have names now

Goodwood St
Long Tan St
Binh Ba St.
wentworth33
thecube
Hi Guys,

270 excludes void and alfresco, but include half garage (if you having double garage)

Thanks for the clarification.

I had 1 builder who said I could only build 244sqm net floor space. Then add alfresco, void, garage, stairs totalling 270spm max.

He referred to Glenfield councils' rules.
thecube
wentworth33
thecube
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the clarification.

I had 1 builder who said I could only build 244sqm net floor space. Then add alfresco, void, garage, stairs totalling 270spm max.

He referred to Glenfield councils' rules.

Glenfield council? No such thing. Bardia and Glenfield both are under Campbelltown Council.

I am building a 43 square size home on a 532sqm block, and will be putting through a variation request. A larger home CAN be done, just has to have valid reasons for going above the restrictions.

In terms of guidelines look up the Edmonson Park DCP, which will explain your limitations in greater detail (link below)

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&sour ... lRZvhZgLNw
My apologies,

It's Glenfield DCP - Campbeltown Council. He said there are 3 DCPs to choose from - one of which is Glenfield DCP. This is used to best suit the house plan we chose.
Cooky

I am building a 43 square size home on a 532sqm block, and will be putting through a variation request. A larger home CAN be done, just has to have valid reasons for going above the restrictions.

In terms of guidelines look up the Edmonson Park DCP, which will explain your limitations in greater detail (link below)

Im building max 44sq home on 700+sqm via CDC.

I could have gone bigger if via Council but that is also time that I didn’t want to wait.
GLO
Cooky

Im building max 44sq home on 700+sqm via CDC.

I could have gone bigger if via Council but that is also time that I didn’t want to wait.

That's a very nice sized block and 44sq will fit nicely with lots if green space still available. Unfortunately, CDC wont take my plans purely on the basis of it going over the allowed 330sqm. Whilst all other components and design elements are compliant, the large size of the house makes it non compliant and therefore, I have to submit the variation request.

My land doesn't register until March next yr though so not concerned about going with DA due to timing. Lucky you got yours through CDC!
thecube
My apologies,

It's Glenfield DCP - Campbeltown Council. He said there are 3 DCPs to choose from - one of which is Glenfield DCP. This is used to best suit the house plan we chose.

I wasnt aware of 3 DCPs, will look this up!
Please let me know because the builder insists max floor area is 244sqm. (excluding void, stairs garage etc) - 2 builders have advised me that.

But another builder told me I can build up to 270sqm floor area (excluding void, stairs etc).

I prefer to build a bigger home if I can.
thecube
Please let me know because the builder insists max floor area is 244sqm. (excluding void, stairs garage etc) - 2 builders have advised me that.

But another builder told me I can build up to 270sqm floor area (excluding void, stairs etc).

I prefer to build a bigger home if I can.

Dont worry about 244 or 270.

Try find 33sqm house. Thats your guidelines.
The builder does not agree, he said I can only build 30sq house = total 244sqm floor space.

I think I will go to a different builder.

thecube
The builder does not agree, he said I can only build 30sq house = total 244sqm floor space.

Who is the builder?

The builder using old information.
Its one of the big builders.

I have looked into this and there are 3 options. See attached.

So I guess my builder is correct, you get to have max floor space 244spm, excluding void, half garage etc. Maybe using option 2 was best for the floor plan we chose.

IamSAM
Cooky
Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad you're all here! I've read through this entire thread, and your advice and input has been so invaluable.

My husband and I put down a deposit for 400 sqm block in the Park side release over the weekend, but after reading this thread I realised that we wouldn't be able to build the size house we're after on the same land and have now changed to a 530 sqm corner plot (lot 129), three plots down from the original land we had wanted. It's still within a walking distance to the school and the town centre/station, but does come with some further conditions.

Is anyone building on a corner? I'm curious to see houses on similar size and shaped land.

Hi Cooky,
I am on a corner, Lot 4049 (2 Pakchon Street). My lot is 100 sqm smaller that the one you have and mine came with high slope, sewer line, maintenance easement....so basically a lot of hoops to jump thru and pay up for. Mine is a single level house...what are you planning?
Cheers.

Hi IamSam,

Do you know the owners of Lot 4048 next to you on Pakchon St?
GLO
IamSAM
Cooky
Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad you're all here! I've read through this entire thread, and your advice and input has been so invaluable.

My husband and I put down a deposit for 400 sqm block in the Park side release over the weekend, but after reading this thread I realised that we wouldn't be able to build the size house we're after on the same land and have now changed to a 530 sqm corner plot (lot 129), three plots down from the original land we had wanted. It's still within a walking distance to the school and the town centre/station, but does come with some further conditions.

Is anyone building on a corner? I'm curious to see houses on similar size and shaped land.

Hi Cooky,
I am on a corner, Lot 4049 (2 Pakchon Street). My lot is 100 sqm smaller that the one you have and mine came with high slope, sewer line, maintenance easement....so basically a lot of hoops to jump thru and pay up for. Mine is a single level house...what are you planning?
Cheers.

Hi IamSam,

Do you know the owners of Lot 4048 next to you on Pakchon St?

Hi, Lot 4048 is opposite my lot and I do not know the owners. That's the corner lot with a swim pool.
Absep19 how are you going with council? Have you got approval yet?
wentworth33
thecube

Who is the builder?

The builder using old information.

Looks like Rawson Homes. (recognise the logo)

If you are in New Breeze you are most likely under the Edmonson Park South DCP.

6.2 Maximum Floor Area Objectives
1) To ensure development is appropriately scaled to suit the dwellings context and its scale.
2) To achieve built form outcomes that reinforce quality urban and building design.
3) To protect residential amenity.

Controls
Maximum Floor Area
1) The total floor area of a dwelling house must not exceed the areas shown in the table below:
200-250m2 90%
250-300m2 85%
300-450m2 270m2
450m2+ 330m2

2) The total floor area of an outbuilding must not exceed the areas shown in the table below:
Maximum Outbuilding Floor Area by Lot Area
<300m2 36m2
300-450m2 45m2
450m2 + 60m2

3) The maximum floor area for balconies, decks, patios, pergolas, terraces and verandahs attached to a dwelling house with a floor level more than 3m above the existing ground level must not be more than 12m².

Hope that helps.
Related
20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum