Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Bardia - New Breeze

Page 40 of 69
Tolgz
Yes thats correct. Your conveyancer should of told you that. Has anyone got the new breeze building guidlines? I rang the sales office and they said it should be in our contract ive had a look and i couldnt find it anywhere.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoKBYVes8JAPjTu-QGBikZCk-1De
So they planted a tree in front of my planned driveway. Does anyone know if its possible to move the position? And should I contact council or NB about this?
dolphin33
So they planted a tree in front of my planned driveway. Does anyone know if its possible to move the position? And should I contact council or NB about this?

Few weeks ago, I met owner of Lot 4051 ( I don't have his contact details). There was a tree in front of his proposed driveway and he had it moved. He mentioned he had initially approached NB for that.
Tolgz
Sa. Thanks hasan have you gone to tender or was that a quote they gave you verbally?

Yes I have a tender. I do kitchens/vanities/wardrobes for this company. They do amazing luxury houses for really cheap prices. My tender for this with pool was $700k 438sqm total construction size.

Good morning everyone,

What grade slab are your builders advising?

I know that it will/can vary between locations, but im also curios to see if anyone has had high saline in their soil.

Thanks
M class for me. I am with Rawson and building on Arthur Allen Opp to school.

GLO
Good morning everyone,

What grade slab are your builders advising?

I know that it will/can vary between locations, but im also curios to see if anyone has had high saline in their soil.

Thanks
Does anyone in Bardia have a large balcony? I'm keen to see what is the largest front or rear balcony locals have built.

Thanks
GLO
Does anyone in Bardia have a large balcony? I'm keen to see what is the largest front or rear balcony locals have built.

Thanks

I dont like balcony. Lol
wentworth33
GLO

Thanks

I dont like balcony. Lol

lol
GLO

Thanks

We are looking at putting in a large balcony across the front as our view will be of the pond/parks between bruce ferguson and bardia ave.

We are drawing inspiration from the Allcastle Homes Grandworth 38 in terms of size. I've seen this range up close and we quite like it. We've also checked with our Architect and this would be approved on our corner block - from memory you too are on a corner?

http://www.allcastlehomes.com.au/displa ... orth-38-7/
Hi All,

I heard from one the builder recently that Edmondson Park South DCP has changed and the minimum land size for a secondary dwelling is 250 sqm. This would mean any smart living lot <250 sqm with dual lane access does not qualify for having a studio or fonzi on top of a rear loaded garage.

Just wondering if anybody else in this forum heard about the changes to DCP and confirm if it is indeed correct.

Thanks
Cooky
GLO

Thanks

We are looking at putting in a large balcony across the front as our view will be of the pond/parks between bruce ferguson and bardia ave.

We are drawing inspiration from the Allcastle Homes Grandworth 38 in terms of size. I've seen this range up close and we quite like it. We've also checked with our Architect and this would be approved on our corner block - from memory you too are on a corner?

Hi,

Im opposite the corner beside a rural block.

I’m having a balcony off the rear Master.

Would your balcony be larger than 12sqm?

GLO
Cooky
GLO

Thanks

Hi,

Yep, around 22 sqm. It will span the full length of the front of the house to make good use of the view. Plus we like having the larger balcony.

My architect said this would be approved, no issues. I'm not sure about the rear though as there are issues with privacy, these are noted in the dcp.
Cooky
GLO
Cooky
[quote="GLO"]Does anyone in Bardia have a large balcony? I'm keen to see what is the largest front or rear balcony locals have built.

Thanks

Hi,

Yep, around 22 sqm. It will span the full length of the front of the house to make good use of the view. Plus we like having the larger balcony.

My architect said this would be approved, no issues. I'm not sure about the rear though as there are issues with privacy, these are noted in the dcp.[/quote]

Sounds very nice!

What height ceilings are you doing on Ground Floor.

I have read that there is a 6m from boundary for rear balcony which I satisfy. But I have also read a 12sqm limitation if balcony is above 3000mm height above natural ground level.

GLO
Sounds very nice!

I have read that there is a 6m from boundary for rear balcony which I satisfy. But I have also read a 12sqm limitation if balcony is above 3000mm height above natural ground level.

Yes, thats right with the 6m. I thought you were stretching the house as far back as you could.

The ground floor height is 2.7m so i will re check your advice to make sure we get it. Allcastle homes seem to have been allowed to do their displau homes like that withthe full stretched balcony in edmonson park so i presume we should be okay but you never know!
Cooky
GLO
Sounds very nice!

Yes, thats right with the 6m. I thought you were stretching the house as far back as you could.

The ground floor height is 2.7m so i will re check your advice to make sure we get it. Allcastle homes seem to have been allowed to do their displau homes like that withthe full stretched balcony in edmonson park so i presume we should be okay but you never know!

My ground floor is the same so I’m keen to see if I can get it through like you.

Double check.

If I was to get the regular rear balcony off the master it would be approx 5m x 4m

as of 27May2018

as of 27May2018
Isn’t the maximum balcony size allowed 12msq?
GLO
Cooky
GLO
Sounds very nice!

My ground floor is the same so I’m keen to see if I can get it through like you.

Double check.

If I was to get the regular rear balcony off the master it would be approx 5m x 4m

For a rear balcony, you have to put in a privacy screen if your balcony will be 3 m above ground level.
Related
20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum