Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Bardia - New Breeze

Page 39 of 69
lini.new breeze
dolphin33
lini.new breeze
hi all,

can someone help me to decide, I was looking to buy house and land packages so far in Bardia but all land registration will be mid early next year.
after reading all messages as I understand most of your land registration delayed long time, so I thought of buying registered land and build house.
I don't have any knowledge to select builder so and so.
I am 1st home buyer.

I need your valuable suggestion which one I go for...

Regards
Lini

Hi Lini,
I think some builders offer discount for land that already registered, check this with your preference builder.
If it was me, if theres any block of land that has good shape and within the constraints of your preference floorplans, I would probably choose the one that is already registered.

Hi dolphin33,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The one I was looking is small block which called smart living,

Land size 240sqm, 8m frontage and it's not a corner block. I think the shape is ok. something in our budget.
can any one suggest some builders for double story house.

8m frontage is very challenging design.

Have you check wisdom or clarendon?
not yet
I was checking with brolen homes and left enquiry with Clarendon.
lini.new breeze
wentworth33
lini.new breeze
hi all,

can someone help me to decide, I was looking to buy house and land packages so far in Bardia but all land registration will be mid early next year.
after reading all messages as I understand most of your land registration delayed long time, so I thought of buying registered land and build house.
I am 1st home buyer.

Regards
Lini

Hi Lini,
Which land you took? 4 or 5 series?

You have choice big or small project builders.
All have the same target. Drain your money.

Anyway, big builders have brand (ie. clarendon, wisdom, metricon, etc). At the end? Find the design you like and compare tje price and go with the consultant that you trust. Once you talk to many builders? You will know that some have no ideas of what they talking about.

Remember, you will spend more during colour studio. Means, no pricelist. This is where all your money gone. Big builders normally jave standard pricing. Small builders.. i dont know.

So.. good luck

Hi Wentworth33,

thanks and I will consider your suggestion.

I haven't bought the land yet, I'm about to commit for this block.
it's small land and my budget is little, before i commit for this land I just wanted to check is worth to go for registered land all new releases in park side which will regester next early mid.

have you settle your land yet,

Thanks

My land will settle on wed this week.

If you havent settle. I would suggest for you to get at least 12.5m frontage. Otherwise you will have lots of barrier in the future.

I can understand your limitation in budget. But you also dont want to regret it.

You better check with big builder before committing to the land to get the quote. In general check following before commit.
1. Check the design
2. Understand the limitation of the land
3. Are you on the main road
4. Will your bank approve it? (E.g. 8m frontage means you have zero lot, will your bank OK for you to borrow with the existense of common wall? Etc)
5. Check the contract. Is there any conditions on who the builders are?
lini.new breeze
wentworth33
lini.new breeze
hi all,

I am 1st home buyer.

Regards
Lini

Hi Lini,
Which land you took? 4 or 5 series?

You have choice big or small project builders.
All have the same target. Drain your money.

Anyway, big builders have brand (ie. clarendon, wisdom, metricon, etc). At the end? Find the design you like and compare tje price and go with the consultant that you trust. Once you talk to many builders? You will know that some have no ideas of what they talking about.

Remember, you will spend more during colour studio. Means, no pricelist. This is where all your money gone. Big builders normally jave standard pricing. Small builders.. i dont know.

So.. good luck

Hi Wentworth33,

thanks and I will consider your suggestion.

I haven't bought the land yet, I'm about to commit for this block.
it's small land and my budget is little, before i commit for this land I just wanted to check is worth to go for registered land all new releases in park side which will regester next early mid.

have you settle your land yet,

Thanks

Btw, there are plenty lot 5 series on sale at the moment and it has resonable frontage (12.5m).

Lots 5 series will be registered this week.

Just in case, lot 5 series (5xxx) example: 5007, 5008, 5121, etc.
I agree with wentworth that you will be very limited with what you can build on a 8m frontage also not all builders will have designs to suit such a small frontage
Hi Wentworth,
What slab class you were recommended by Clarendon after your soil test?

wentworth33
Manu2526
SK18
2 Theatre Walk; Thanks. What about you?

Does anyone know how do we get the DP no?

DP number DP1200786 for Lot 5 Series
Anyone building in New breeze estate was recommended different than M class slab after your soil test?
Hasan
i am lot 2021,

Hey so our registration should be done same time. Do you know when it will be done? Was meant to be mid 2018 but not it’s november 2018.

they said in between july - aug 2018. what is your lot size?[/quote]

Lot size is 468.4[/quote]

big lot, a good buy
lini.new breeze
dolphin33
lini.new breeze
hi all,

I am 1st home buyer.

Regards
Lini

Hi Lini,
I think some builders offer discount for land that already registered, check this with your preference builder.
If it was me, if theres any block of land that has good shape and within the constraints of your preference floorplans, I would probably choose the one that is already registered.

Hi dolphin33,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The one I was looking is small block which called smart living,

Land size 240sqm, 8m frontage and it's not a corner block. I think the shape is ok. something in our budget.
can any one suggest some builders for double story house.

there are plenty of builders around for this shape of block, you will find a sort of fixed design due to set constraints. bank finance could be a issue as it's sharing the walls.

for investment it could be a good buy, for living i wouldn't recommend it. again, as first home buyer you will have your stamp duty nearly off with the land price.

hope this helps.
absep19
Anyone building in New breeze estate was recommended different than M class slab after your soil test?

What is your lot number?

I got H1 class.

If your lot is between bardia school and sales office, I think its mostly H1.
wentworth33
absep19

What is your lot number?

I got H1 class.

If your lot is between bardia school and sales office, I think its mostly H1.

Yeah, am close to Bardia school on Arthur Allen and has been classified as M class slab.
about to do settlement and found that we have to pay $1,000 for compliance bond money.

Anyone got that? Do you know what is that? Is this hidden cost?

Thanks.
wentworth33
about to do settlement and found that we have to pay $1,000 for compliance bond money.

Thanks.

Yes, I got that, Its a compliance bond which we will get refund once we have completed landscaping withing 6 months of build completion and meet new breeze guidelines.
absep19
wentworth33

Thanks.

Yes, I got that, Its a compliance bond which we will get refund once we have completed landscaping withing 6 months of build completion and meet new breeze guidelines.

Lol.. what happen after 6 months and not done yet?
Yes thats correct. Your conveyancer should of told you that. Has anyone got the new breeze building guidlines? I rang the sales office and they said it should be in our contract ive had a look and i couldnt find it anywhere.
Look at attachment 7 of the contract they gave you when you made 10% deposit. Its is 8 pages of the 104 page document, and am unable to break out those 8 pages from PDF. If you still dont find it, pm me you email id, I will send you the screen shots of it.

regards
Bashir
wentworth33
absep19
wentworth33

Thanks.

Lol.. what happen after 6 months and not done yet?

I think its just to rush you to complete the work so the street looks and estate looks better. But I guess even if you run late, just inform them and negotiate few more months. This 6 months kick in from the completion of your house i guess, so loads of time.
Tolgz
Yes thats correct. Your conveyancer should of told you that. Has anyone got the new breeze building guidlines? I rang the sales office and they said it should be in our contract ive had a look and i couldnt find it anywhere.

Look at attachment 7 of the contract they gave you when you made 10% deposit. Its is 8 pages of the 104 page document, and am unable to break out those 8 pages from PDF. If you still dont find it, pm me you email id, I will send you the screen shots of it.

regards
Bashir
Check this link for planning documentation (Campbelltown council, New Breeze etc.)
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoKBYVes8JAPjTu-QGBikZCk-1De
Related
20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum