Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Bardia - New Breeze

Page 30 of 69
GLO
Icthys99
Hi all

Over the weekend my husband and I put down a deposit for Lot 150.
I have a few questions for which I would appreciate input.

Our lot is 12.5m(W) x 30m(L). As we can only use max 270sqm of floor space, can we still build a 35 or 36 square double story house on this? I am currently looking at Wisdom Ambassador 36 square. I also like Metricon Salamanca 34 and get the feeling this will fit.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Icthys99,

I got this from another forum member who is building an ambassador 36.

GROUND FLOOR LIVING: 143.25m2
FIRST FLOOR LIVING: 138.56m2
GARAGE: 36.41m2
PORCH: 4.74m2
OUTDOOR LEISURE: 17.88m2
REAR BALCONY: 18.77m2
TOTAL FLOOR AREA: 359.61m2

Based on the above, the Wisdom Ambassador 36 total internal floor space is:
143.25+138.56+36.41= 318.22m2
Less:
2nd car space 18m2
Voids 6m2
Stairs 2.5m2
Walls 2.5m2

Total approx floor space 318.22m2-29m2= 289.22m2

That exceeds by 7% but I'm not sure if you will have a better chance going via council or private certifier.

Thanks for this info. Does that forum member also have the 270sqm restriction and building in Campbelltown Council?
Icthys99
GLO
Icthys99
Hi all

Over the weekend my husband and I put down a deposit for Lot 150.
I have a few questions for which I would appreciate input.

Our lot is 12.5m(W) x 30m(L). As we can only use max 270sqm of floor space, can we still build a 35 or 36 square double story house on this? I am currently looking at Wisdom Ambassador 36 square. I also like Metricon Salamanca 34 and get the feeling this will fit.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Icthys99,

I got this from another forum member who is building an ambassador 36.

GROUND FLOOR LIVING: 143.25m2
FIRST FLOOR LIVING: 138.56m2
GARAGE: 36.41m2
PORCH: 4.74m2
OUTDOOR LEISURE: 17.88m2
REAR BALCONY: 18.77m2
TOTAL FLOOR AREA: 359.61m2

Based on the above, the Wisdom Ambassador 36 total internal floor space is:
143.25+138.56+36.41= 318.22m2
Less:
2nd car space 18m2
Voids 6m2
Stairs 2.5m2
Walls 2.5m2

Total approx floor space 318.22m2-29m2= 289.22m2

That exceeds by 7% but I'm not sure if you will have a better chance going via council or private certifier.

Thanks for this info. Does that forum member also have the 270sqm restriction and building in Campbelltown Council?

Hi,

270sqm restriction is applies to all building within campbelltown council that have less than 450 sqm land.

If you wants to get more tha 270sqm, you can, you just have to lodge your application through council.
Hi,

270sqm restriction is applies to all building within campbelltown council that have less than 450 sqm land.

If you wants to get more tha 270sqm, you can, you just have to lodge your application through council.[/quote]

Hi wentworth33

I cant find any information that indicates that council may approve larger lots. Is this common knowledge?

Im interested in having my house be slightly bigger than the allowed 330 sqm to accommodate my parents appropriately.

Im looking at the Wentworth 33 and madison 35 now but need some slight changes which will increase the size.
Cooky
Hi,

If you wants to get more tha 270sqm, you can, you just have to lodge your application through council.

Hi wentworth33

I cant find any information that indicates that council may approve larger lots. Is this common knowledge?

Im interested in having my house be slightly bigger than the allowed 330 sqm to accommodate my parents appropriately.

Im looking at the Wentworth 33 and madison 35 now but need some slight changes which will increase the size.[/quote]

Hi Cooky,

If you are only allowed to build 270sqm, then madison 35 wont fit at all. Not even Wentworth 33.

I am also limited by 270sqm, but building Wentworth 33. I made a trick and managed to fit wentworth 33 fit into my land by sacrificing the Family room. ie. turning Family room into Alfresco.

Hope this helps.
I popped over to visit my block and see stacks of ones popping up on Boulevard 1.

Also saw a frame go up on a neighbouring property and noticed this which seemed odd.

What is the plumbing that is blocked by the frame?
And what is that head height box in what looks to be the kitchen?

Thanks
I trust everyone in the lot 5 series already got email from developer or check the announcement on their facebook regarding registration.
Ohhhh! I’m an onsell! So haven’t been forwarded the email yet? Is it the notice that prep finances cos registration is coming on Facebook?
Bardia5128
Ohhhh! I’m an onsell! So haven’t been forwarded the email yet? Is it the notice that prep finances cos registration is coming on Facebook?

It is already on dahua facebook.
Thank you! Yep was just confirming that’s the correct one
it says stage 1.5 is that series 5?
(Sorry for all the questions and thank you!)
wentworth33
Bardia5128

It is already on dahua facebook.

I did not receive an email yet as well but my valuation is done
congratulations, guys! must be really exciting to finally start the journey!
Bardia5128
Thank you! Yep was just confirming that’s the correct one
it says stage 1.5 is that series 5?
(Sorry for all the questions and thank you!)

it is for series 5.
elysium
congratulations, guys! must be really exciting to finally start the journey!

yeah.. starting a full headache of journey.. lol
Hi everyone, just wondering how long the registration/settlement delay is from the original date you were told when purchased the land.

I’ve been told registration/settlement will be mid 2018 for lots starting with 2xxx. However after reading all the posts and seeing that the bottom of Bruce Ferguson is closed with sewage pipes sitting there I don’t believe that’s accurate. Thanks
wentworth33
Cooky
Hi,

Hi wentworth33

Im looking at the Wentworth 33 and madison 35 now but need some slight changes which will increase the size.

Hi Cooky,

If you are only allowed to build 270sqm, then madison 35 wont fit at all. Not even Wentworth 33.

I am also limited by 270sqm, but building Wentworth 33. I made a trick and managed to fit wentworth 33 fit into my land by sacrificing the Family room. ie. turning Family room into Alfresco.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Hi wentworth33,

Thanks for the reply. My land size is 532 sqm so i can get the full 330, but in an earlier post about a 270sqm house, you mentioned you can build bigger if you go through the council. I was wondering if the same rules apply with the 330sqm house.
Hi Cooky,

Your land size allows you to build 330sqm and you can use cdc for it without any problem.

If you wants to be more than that, you can do that, but you need to go through by council.

Its better for you to consult with your builder prior if you want to go beyond the size allowance and go through by Council. Your builder may have some insight whether it can be approved or not.
wentworth33
Hi Cooky,

Your land size allows you to build 330sqm and you can use cdc for it without any problem.

If you wants to be more than that, you can do that, but you need to go through by council.

Its better for you to consult with your builder prior if you want to go beyond the size allowance and go through by Council. Your builder may have some insight whether it can be approved or not.

Thanks again for the reply. We spoke with Masterton over the weekend and the consultant didn't mention getting anything over the 330 sqm size approved. We did indicate we wanted larger.

I may just call the council and see what they say.

Good luck with your build
Cooky
wentworth33
Hi Cooky,

Thanks again for the reply. We spoke with Masterton over the weekend and the consultant didn't mention getting anything over the 330 sqm size approved. We did indicate we wanted larger.

Do the consultant have any idea of your land restriction on Campbelltown council ?

The builder consultant may not have the any knowledge of Campbelltown council rules.

Not sure why you need to call the council. Its your builder job to lodge it whether with Council or CDC.
wentworth33
Cooky
wentworth33
Hi Cooky,

Do the consultant have any idea of your land restriction on Campbelltown council ?

The builder consultant may not have the any knowledge of Campbelltown council rules.

Not sure why you need to call the council. Its your builder job to lodge it whether with Council or CDC.

From what I gathered, he did know the building rules in Bardia. The Masterton display village is im Warwick farm and a lot of their clients are local to the Liverpool/Campbelltown region. He advised us that we wouldnt be able to get more than 330sqm as that's the max allowed however we also didn't ask if there was a way to get more.

If the Council has developed the rules, i presume it would be a good idea to check with thwm if theres any possibility of getting more than the 330sqm approved.

I will have my Architect draw up the plans and will be lodging my own DA/CDC depending on which way i go. I will save about 6 to 15k by doing it myself and it's not hard as ive done it once before.
Cooky
wentworth33
Cooky
[quote="wentworth33"]Hi Cooky,

From what I gathered, he did know the building rules in Bardia. The Masterton display village is im Warwick farm and a lot of their clients are local to the Liverpool/Campbelltown region. He advised us that we wouldnt be able to get more than 330sqm as that's the max allowed however we also didn't ask if there was a way to get more.

If the Council has developed the rules, i presume it would be a good idea to check with thwm if theres any possibility of getting more than the 330sqm approved.

I will have my Architect draw up the plans and will be lodging my own DA/CDC depending on which way i go. I will save about 6 to 15k by doing it myself and it's not hard as ive done it once before.
[/quote]Hi Cooky,

Are you using a project home builder?
I'm interested to save the $6k-$15k off my project build if I can with Wisdom.

Related
20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum