Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Bardia - New Breeze

Page 27 of 69
juliennegd
IamSAM
absep19
Can someone explain what the relation to recycling water tap to water tank. I do not know that this art. But I thought my builder is giving water tank which collect rain water and the we reuse it. How would council giving recycle tap would take away need fir water tank. Where would rain water flow to?

1) Sydney Water runs its own recycled water units and supplies that to some designated areas only. At Bardia, such connection is available to every lot. This does away with the need to install a separate Rain Water tank.

2) Many builders do provide a credit (money back) if rain water tank is not required. However the builder still has to do a good amount of plumbing connections, so do not expect entire cost back.

3) Recycled water conx ensures an assured supply of treated water, where as rain water tank does not. When there is no rain, normal water gets supplied instead of from the tank.

4) You have a point there, and to best of my knowledge - in absence of rain water tank the rain water would just end up with in storm water drain.

5) The rain water tank occupies prime space and is not really nice to look at. If you insist you could have recycled water feeding into rain water tank (which also takes input from normal water line) and that way minimal rain water is poured down storm drain. However you pay for tank and for usage of recycled water and for extra engineering/plumbing to have this setup. I don't know if this is done or feasible without manual intervention.

It's just a bit expensive for me for $150 a quarter plus the normal water line will be around $500 together:-?

Taking a clue from prices you put up, i did some research. It isn't that expensive and seems the price at which we will be charged for storm water going to be in favour. Just for flushes and stuff it would be about 100/lts in month plus for garden and at that rate with approx .1.83/kilolitre. it does make sense to use it. Look at this link here
http://www.sydneywater.com.au/SW/accoun ... /index.htm
absep19
juliennegd
IamSAM
1) Sydney Water runs its own recycled water units and supplies that to some designated areas only. At Bardia, such connection is available to every lot. This does away with the need to install a separate Rain Water tank.

2) Many builders do provide a credit (money back) if rain water tank is not required. However the builder still has to do a good amount of plumbing connections, so do not expect entire cost back.

3) Recycled water conx ensures an assured supply of treated water, where as rain water tank does not. When there is no rain, normal water gets supplied instead of from the tank.

4) You have a point there, and to best of my knowledge - in absence of rain water tank the rain water would just end up with in storm water drain.

5) The rain water tank occupies prime space and is not really nice to look at. If you insist you could have recycled water feeding into rain water tank (which also takes input from normal water line) and that way minimal rain water is poured down storm drain. However you pay for tank and for usage of recycled water and for extra engineering/plumbing to have this setup. I don't know if this is done or feasible without manual intervention.

It's just a bit expensive for me for $150 a quarter plus the normal water line will be around $500 together:-?

Taking a clue from prices you put up, i did some research. It isn't that expensive and seems the price at which we will be charged for storm water going to be in favour. Just for flushes and stuff it would be about 100/lts in month plus for garden and at that rate with approx .1.83/kilolitre. it does make sense to use it. Look at this link here

I dont think they consider the size of the house/land for the recycled water cause ours is one of the smart lots. If they do, that's good
Tolgz
Any block bigger than 451sqm is 330sqm. Check out the Edmondson park south development plan. Got all the info on there
Yes I have seen that document, but as 98% lots are smaller than 600sqm, I'm guessing they did not feel the need to detail it.

Hence why it still seems a grey area for me

absep19
IamSAM
absep19
Can someone explain what the relation to recycling water tap to water tank. I do not know that this art. But I thought my builder is giving water tank which collect rain water and the we reuse it. How would council giving recycle tap would take away need fir water tank. Where would rain water flow to?

Thanks for the info. I have done some research and seem the price at which we will be charged for storm water going to be in favour. Just for flushes and stuff it would be about 100 lts in month plus for garden and at that rate with approx .1.83/kilolitre. it does make sense to use it. Look at this link here

This is funny. People who has watertank will also need to pay monthly/yearly admin fee whether using it or not.

The worst part, the admin fee for stormwater or recycle water separate from the normal water. So, technically you pay double rven recycle water's admin fee is lower. It doesnt make sense.

We want to save water, but we pay everything. Ouch
wentworth33
absep19
IamSAM

Thanks for the info. I have done some research and seem the price at which we will be charged for storm water going to be in favour. Just for flushes and stuff it would be about 100 lts in month plus for garden and at that rate with approx .1.83/kilolitre. it does make sense to use it. Look at this link here

This is funny. People who has watertank will also need to pay monthly/yearly admin fee whether using it or not.

The worst part, the admin fee for stormwater or recycle water separate from the normal water. So, technically you pay double rven recycle water's admin fee is lower. It doesnt make sense.

We want to save water, but we pay everything. Ouch

Yes, especially when from renting a unit you dont pay anything for the water. But hey it all comes with owning a house
wentworth33 Do you have an idea if we can do land valuation now? TIA
juliennegd
@wentworth33 Do you have an idea if we can do land valuation now? TIA

Not yet.
I have called the developer before, and it was scheduled on 12 feb 2018, but got another delay. The next schedule is early march. I would say 5th march 2018 for now.

I.ll let you know once I got latest update.
Just visited the land.

Lot 5007 - 5016 already been pegged. But I dont think the developer let anyone do evaluation yet.

I think the developer is waiting for the rest of lot 5 series to complete and do evaluation at the same time. So we wont be able to do evaluation yet.
wentworth33
Just visited the land.

Lot 5007 - 5016 already been pegged. But I dont think the developer let anyone do evaluation yet.

I think the developer is waiting for the rest of lot 5 series to complete and do evaluation at the same time. So we wont be able to do evaluation yet.

If the bank representative can have unrestricted access to the land, then valuation is possible. My first valuation was done by bank 4 months before registration.
IamSAM
wentworth33
Just visited the land.

If the bank representative can have unrestricted access to the land, then valuation is possible. My first valuation was done by bank 4 months before registration.

The problem is that the developer doesnt allow it.
3 satellite images (not on google maps yet) of the area...

wentworth33
IamSAM
wentworth33
Just visited the land.

The problem is that the developer doesnt allow it.

Thanks for the update
Quick update.

Visited the land yesterday.

All land has been pegged and already have trees.

The only problem now is that the developer still close the land. I am not sure why.

I am currently emailing the developer and request for further update on settlement.
wentworth33
Quick update.

Visited the land yesterday.

All land has been pegged and already have trees.

The only problem now is that the developer still close the land. I am not sure why.

I am currently emailing the developer and request for further update on settlement.

Much appreciated wentworth33

Please post any reply from Dahua.
Rang sales office earlier today registration is looking like next month
Tolgz
Rang sales office earlier today registration is looking like next month

Did you ask when we can do bank valuation?
Generally bank valuations will come in at same level as the contract price where contract date is within 1 year. My valuation carried a note regarding BAL rating. This rating was not known at that time and it turned out to be 12.5 during plan approval stage.
I didnt ask that. Does the bank organise the valuation? How does it work?
Tolgz
I didnt ask that. Does the bank organise the valuation? How does it work?

Hi, my post was not in response to your question !
Yes, the bank will organise the valuation. If you are talking to multiple banks, each will obtain independent valuation. Generally a bank should not charge additional for a valuation...unless the client insists on another or if considerable period has passed since. Valuation report consists of a summary of the land, nearby lots, suburb, economic trend, recent sales in the area etc. Also a few photos of your lot (which is mainly why the valuer needs to be able to get close to the lot..i.e. have access)
Sorry my response was to wentworth33 when i replied“i didnt ask that” was in regards to his bank valuation question
Related
20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum