Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Bardia - New Breeze

Page 57 of 69
Tolgz
Approx 20 weeks into our build planned to start my own thread but I’m lazy

Looks great, seems like a big house. update again when the scaffolds are down
Hi all

Has anyone heard about the long service levy fee that you need to pay when building a new home?

Are you paying it or is your builder?! I am paying it. It's such BS! The builder should I feel as they are the ones paying the wages of their contractors. But, by NSW law this is ANOTHER bill the consumer has to foot! Check out the link below.

http://www.longservice.nsw.gov.au/bci/levy/other-information/levy-calculator

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
Quite likely my builder absorbed this in his costing. I did not pay separately.
Uh -
I think I have to pay it myself!

Are you going through a big builder or a small builder?
NZ89
Hi all

Has anyone heard about the long service levy fee that you need to pay when building a new home?

Are you paying it or is your builder?! I am paying it. It's such BS! The builder should I feel as they are the ones paying the wages of their contractors. But, by NSW law this is ANOTHER bill the consumer has to foot! Check out the link below.

Thanks!

You have to pay. Either the builder will charge you or you have to pay it yourself during the DA process. One way or another, cost falls on you.
NZ89
Hi all

Thanks!

Yeah I had to pay that separately when it came however that wasn’t the BS part. The council charged me $10,900 as a flat fee for granny flat. Than got charged another $13,000 by the government because under new laws a granny flat is now considered a duplex for some crazy reason. basically paid $24,000 in fees for a granny flat while the main house only cost Around $5000 in fees and makes up 90% of the construction. That’s BS.
Did you go through CDC or DA?
Tolgz
Did you go through CDC or DA?

CDC
wentworth33
Hi,

I am new on this site. I am wondering whether there are anyone building at New Breeze Bardia ?

Have your land registered yet ?

Hi, how is Bardia overall as a community to settle

How much did you guys on an avg pay for land
Hasan
Tolgz
Approx 20 weeks into our build planned to start my own thread but I’m lazy

Looks great, seems like a big house. update again when the scaffolds are down

That’s great, which lot number is this
Gio_aus
NZ89
Our property has come in undervalued by $197,171. Yep. You read right.
We're currently scrambling and trying to find other options.

We paid $460,000 for the land for 300sqm, it was valued at $300,000.

We are paying $417,000 for our house, it was valued at $380,000.

If anyone has any suggestions for me or is in the same boat, please let me know.

Thanks

@ NZ89, which bank are you with? I’m with NAB, my 285sqm lot was under valued for $60k which isn’t too bad compared to yours. And your lot is even bigger so I was expecting a higher valuation. My build cost is $410k and was valued $400k.

I was gonna try Bankwest, but because of tight timeline I stayed w/ NAB.

How
Much do you think a 260 sqm land be valued by the bank at. Any rough idea
simransindhu2000
Gio_aus
NZ89
Our property has come in undervalued by $197,171. Yep. You read right.
We're currently scrambling and trying to find other options.

We paid $460,000 for the land for 300sqm, it was valued at $300,000.

We are paying $417,000 for our house, it was valued at $380,000.

If anyone has any suggestions for me or is in the same boat, please let me know.

Thanks

@ NZ89, which bank are you with? I’m with NAB, my 285sqm lot was under valued for $60k which isn’t too bad compared to yours. And your lot is even bigger so I was expecting a higher valuation. My build cost is $410k and was valued $400k.

I was gonna try Bankwest, but because of tight timeline I stayed w/ NAB.

How
Much do you think a 260 sqm land be valued by the bank at. Any rough idea

Hey, best to ask the bank. Each bank is different. Heritage Bank undervalued ours, while St George Bank valued it nearly at the price we bought it for, just $7,000 under. Which bank are you going with?
Hi everyone

A few questions:

* Has anyone started building in stage 3.1 yet?
* Has anyone had to pay for Sydney Water to do an inspection? We have. It costs $1,000.
* Has anyone had any Basix variations? Ours is $7,000 extra.

Thanks
can someone pls answer this and look at master plan
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=96617
simransindhu2001
can someone pls answer this and look at master plan
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=96617

Best to ask New Breeze sales office
okay, and how much should indicative price of 250 sqm land be here. I am exploring 2-3 suburbs so not sure how Bardia fares
Also, I have little view on hpw good schools in south west (bardia etc) are. and kind of crowd i get. Is it all budgte segment?
simransindhu2000
wentworth33
Hi,

I am new on this site. I am wondering whether there are anyone building at New Breeze Bardia ?

Have your land registered yet ?

Hi, how is Bardia overall as a community to settle

How much did you guys on an avg pay for land

Paid $538k for 489sqm
Hi Everyone,

My house is close to completion and now planning for the fencing install. New breeze design guideline mentioned NOT to install metal fence. Is it still the case? Also, do I need to install fence at the front? A bit confused.

Thanks for you help in advance.
Reggie19
Hi Everyone,

My house is close to completion and now planning for the fencing install. New breeze design guideline mentioned NOT to install metal fence. Is it still the case? Also, do I need to install fence at the front? A bit confused.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Hi,

To comply I’m installing SlimWall.

Great product and much more durable and looks heaps better than colourbond and cheaper than brick fencing.
Related
20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum