Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Bardia - New Breeze

Page 56 of 69
Hi all,

Still no approval. Parents pledged a higher amount. Waiting to hear back from bank. Losing money everyday now

All parties have been pretty pathetic in trying to get this sorted. Solicitors, banks, New Breeze. Have been given different information from everyone.

I am going through Heritage Bank (the ones that gave us the low valuation) but am now also speaking to Commonwealth Bank, they are trying to get us the loan too.

Fingers crossed! How is everyone else?
I thankfully managed to settle yesterday, and the vendor waived penalty interest. So now up to finding a builder.

I hope the others are in a better place too
That's amazing @Icthys99 Congratulations!
Did the finance come through yesterday and then your conveyancer sent it through? My conveyancer is rubbish. I feel like we need to beg them to do anything

Have you spoken with any builders yet?

Did you go through CBA? You said you had a contact in the area. My boyfriend spoke to CBA over the weekend. They are doing a valuation Thursday, just to compete with my other bank which is being so slow. Hoping one of them pulls through soon!
Thank you! It was relieving indeed.
Here is my timeline if it will help you

6 Jun late afternoon CBA (I was using a mobile lender) requested valuation with CBRE and marked as urgent.
7 Jun CBRE sent text message saying they will do the valuation that day. I called them and managed to get them to conduct the valuation earlier. (Ended up being 10am instead of 1pm).
12 Jun CBA received valuation report in the morning which came back at purchase price and arranged for me to go to branch near my home (as that was most convenient for me) to sign the loan documents that afternoon. That process took about 30 minutes.
15 Jun CBA sent me a text message saying they are ready to settle.
17 Jun I informed my solicitor in the morning that my bank was ready to settle who then liaised with CBA to get everything done, and settlement happened at 2:30pm.

If you have already got someone on the case, then they will continue with your application even if I provide you with the contact I have. So it's probably best to continue with the person your boyfriend contacted.
We have looked at builders, but still going through plans and thinking about what we really want - which keeps changing, so it's hard to make a decision.

I think you should try and push the valuer to do it sooner than later. Even with CBA, I had to keep pushing and called them often to keep the process moving.
Thanks for the timeline
Ours started two weeks before yours and we're still nowhere.

I'm going to put in a complaint after all of this anyway.

I have been begging the broker to expedite the whole process. Heritage Bank seems pathetic, with no customer service or sense of urgency. I'm not sure what else I can do.

I will keep on CBA's back also.

Did you speak to Uniluxe yet?! I forgot if I asked you. Maybe set up a meeting with them to go through things. They do custom homes too, not just what's on their website.
No we haven't yet moved further with any builder. We will do so once we can settle on exactly what we are looking for in a plan.

Thanks for letting me know that Uniluxe also do custom homes. This is what we are tossing up now, whether to go for custom or settle for an existing plan. Hopefully we can make this decision soon! I have been busy with my new job and late hours so we haven't been able to have a proper discussion about this and come to an agreement.

Are you doing a custom plan or did you choose one of their designs?
So, my loan got completely rejected by Heritage Bank today...

Commonwealth is now on the case.....but.....according to our broker we have until next Thursday to come up with the funds or we could lose our deposit! So, of course, I'm stressed up to my eyeballs. I can't believe it's come to this.

My conveyancer said the least a property has come back undervalued was $70k, ours was $197k....

@Icthys99 We went with Uniluxe's design but altered it a bit. They were very easy to deal with for alterations.
NZ89

Commonwealth is now on the case.....but.....according to our broker we have until next Thursday to come up with the funds or we could lose our deposit! So, of course, I'm stressed up to my eyeballs. I can't believe it's come to this.

My conveyancer said the least a property has come back undervalued was $70k, ours was $197k....

@Icthys99 We went with Uniluxe's design but altered it a bit. They were very easy to deal with for alterations.

I am so sorry to hear this. What in the actual f. Can you try to do land only so you don't lose the land and the deposit?
NZ89

More than likely CBA will come up with a better valuation. They have matched the contract price for both myself and some of my friends.

Worst case settling the land only for now is not a bad idea. Good luck šŸ‘
How is everyone going with stage 3.1?

I'm submitting our plans to council in the next few weeks. Just got the Basix component back so almost there.
NZ89

Never mind Nz we're getting stuffed around by heritage as we speak! We have paid cash for our block of land,have more than enough cash/assets to pay for the house, Just not wanting to leave the piggy bank short into the future (what most fiscal responsible people would do)so wishing to borrow for half our home. The valuation was well above our expectations (considering what it owes us)yet heritage keep making us jump through hoops and putting barriers up,the broker reckons he's never seen an example of a couple with 80%equityto valuation and find it hard to get a loan through! We've always paid our debts,don't owe any bugger anything,been employed in the same job for 20 odd years! We're about on inch off telling them to hop it
Uh
that's so annoying! What are they waiting on from you? Before they rejected us, they made us fill in the same forms like 3 times. So much backwards and forwards for nothing! Are you stage 3.1 also? Maybe just hang in there, you don't want to go through this whole process again with another bank. It's crazy though, how we have to BEG banks to do their jobs!!! We're the ones paying the interest and making them rich!

RKDALD
NZ89

Never mind Nz we're getting stuffed around by heritage as we speak! We have paid cash for our block of land,have more than enough cash/assets to pay for the house, Just not wanting to leave the piggy bank short into the future (what most fiscal responsible people would do)so wishing to borrow for half our home. The valuation was well above our expectations (considering what it owes us)yet heritage keep making us jump through hoops and putting barriers up,the broker reckons he's never seen an example of a couple with 80%equityto valuation and find it hard to get a loan through! We've always paid our debts,don't owe any bugger anything,been employed in the same job for 20 odd years! We're about on inch off telling them to hop it
NZ89
Uh
that's so annoying! What are they waiting on from you? Before they rejected us, they made us fill in the same forms like 3 times. So much backwards and forwards for nothing! Are you stage 3.1 also? Maybe just hang in there, you don't want to go through this whole process again with another bank. It's crazy though, how we have to BEG banks to do their jobs!!! We're the ones paying the interest and making them rich!

RKDALD
NZ89

Sounds familiar Nz! Making us fill in the same forms over and over, wanting our accountant to send the same information several times.Being a small town I'm starting to believe there could be some staff trying to make it difficult!!!!! Our build is well and truely under way roof and gutters went on this week.
Good morning,

Has anyone got more than 2 or more Purple Recycled Water taps on their property?

Im expecting at least 2, but only have one at the moment.
GLO
Good morning,

Has anyone got more than 2 or more Purple Recycled Water taps on their property?

Im expecting at least 2, but only have one at the moment.

Your meant to only have one. I just told my plumber to add another one in the back lol.
Had anyone starting building? Any building updates?
Hasan

Hey! No, we haven't. We're lot 152. We're planning to build in 4-6 weeks. We want to start ASAP. But we're delayed 5 weeks already with getting bank approval. We have now settled. Just waiting on some more documentation from builder. How are you going?
Approx 20 weeks into our build planned to start my own thread but Iā€™m lazy

NZ89
Hasan

Hey! No, we haven't. We're lot 152. We're planning to build in 4-6 weeks. We want to start ASAP. But we're delayed 5 weeks already with getting bank approval. We have now settled. Just waiting on some more documentation from builder. How are you going?

4 weeks into building, not much to show now but will have a picture next week to show lol.
Related
20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum