Settlement is tomorrow and I still don't have my finance unconditionally approved by the bank. Is anyone in the same boat?!
They told us way too late that we needed to organise it and kept changing the dates. We had pre-approval. We rushed to get final approval but we're still not there yet.
Same boat here....
I had pre-approval since last year...but because I was told settlement is by end of June/early July, I did not follow through with broker until - the surprise early settlement announcement. So my finance still not ready tomorrow and I was told an extra 5-7 days to get my finance approved.
I instructed my solicitor to ask vendor for about 7 days extension, otherwise as per contract we have to pay interest per day for the delay.
Still awaiting reply from vendor re request for extension. If everyone does the same, I hope vendor will consider.