As a regular homeone reader and learning a few things from on the go from everyone's experiences. Thought I will start a new thread with our new build with Henley.
Our land settled last year and it is a 16x32 north facing block in Mt Aitkin estate in Craigieburn (Melbourne's north)
We have our colour appointment on the 8th of June and on the 20th is the first tender presentation with contract signing date on 20th of July.
We have already added a few items in the upgrades area however more will be confirmed at colours however have added following:
1. height- ground floor 2720 mm and 1st floor is 2570mm
2. 5th bedroom instead of theater room
3. Butler's pantary option
4. 2340x1200 pivot infinity entry door (as in the display houses)
5. WIN21 2340x820 mm doors (translucent glazing) throughout the house.
6. Aluminium flyscreens to all openable windows
7. SMEG appliances (This is at no extra cost)
8. 49 dowlights
9. Niches in all bathrooms
10. gas point in alfresco and cold water point in the frigde area.
11. I have not added flooring with Henley as I find its extremely expensive, this will be done later. I want to use timber laminate thoughout the house as it is easier to maintain and clean.
Facade- Initially I opted in for Domain facade (with Balcony) however thinking it may not be practical we have now opted in for Marquess facade (provincial look with mouldings). However, I am wondering if anyone has built their house with Marquess facade and if they can give their feedback and any pics they can share?
Also, please share your feedback and I will update this post as we progress.