Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley Electra 2017/2018 build

Page 3 of 4
Week 7
It's all coming together beautifully!!
Frame stage completed ✔️
Roofing completed ✔️
Plumbing rough in completed ✔️
Everything Darbecca picked up in inspection was all fixed by Henley without any problems

Check out the videos below to see the house in more detail

[youtube]https://youtu.be/jMRGOUVm0N4[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ggCH3tShcFc[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/muQhKK96P1Q[/youtube]

earcangel
Week 7
Frame stage completed ✔️
Roofing completed ✔️
Everything Darbecca picked up in inspection was all fixed by Henley without any problems

Thanks earcangel for sharing the pics and video. After looking at that,I am feeling more confident on my decision to go with Electra
. How is your thought on the Theatre room size? Do you think that will be enough for 3-4 recliners with a nice viewing angle and space between the couch and the wall?
earcangel

Looking great! Good to see it’s progressing so well for you. I hope the momentum continues!
dreamhomz
earcangel
Week 7
Frame stage completed ✔️
Roofing completed ✔️

Thanks earcangel for sharing the pics and video. After looking at that,I am feeling more confident on my decision to go with Electra
. How is your thought on the Theatre room size? Do you think that will be enough for 3-4 recliners with a nice viewing angle and space between the couch and the wall?

Hi dreamhomz,

To be honest, we were really worried because we hadn't really seen this house in great detail, but as it is coming along it is longing more and more amazing and we are so happy with the changes we are seeing. I feel great peace in deciding to build the Electra.

With regards to the Theatre Room size, I think it is a decent size but if it was a little wider it would have been awesome. It all depends on how chunky your recliners are. We are putting a 4 seater with a chaise but ours is not very chunky. I would be so happy for you to check out our place but I am not sure if Henley will let you through.

Have they started your house as yet?
JustMia
earcangel

Looking great! Good to see it’s progressing so well for you. I hope the momentum continues!

It has been great so far justmia, they have done a lot so far in 7 weeks considering they had to stop and we lost almost 2 weeks because they had to fix a few things that our personal inspectors picked up at Frame Stage Inspection. Hoping for a productive season on the build.
It's coming together nice and fast; what were the big things caught during Darbecca inspections?
Hi earcangel,

Your posts are awesome and it gives a good insight of electra as there are no display homes which is unfortunate. I have decided to go with Henley for the electra. Its a beautiful design. I have all the upgrades I require and planning to visit henley tomorrow to get a quote. The 40mm caesar benchtop which you have quoted, is that a category 1 or x?
Cat 1 😊
Thanks much and appreciate your quick response.
so i have asked henley to do similar modifications and at this moment have flatly said no. i will be calling henley to see if i can get the ok from someone higher up. but thank you for the insight!
earcangel
Yay! So we had our Colour Selection today with Henley. Very professional! We had Isabella as our Colour Consultant, she was amazing, so patient and lovely to deal with.

As mentioned previously, this is our 3rd time building with Henley. The Colour Selection process has improved significantly. Gone are the days when we were in a small room with minimal samples on display. Now they have a fantastic showroom which is set up so well with everything on display. They even provided us with lunch, hot and cold drinks (including my children). Really Impressed. Anyway let’s get back to my Colour Selection

EXTERIOR

• Added ‘Grand Garage Pack’
  • Added ‘Statement Entry Pack’
  • Brick: Austral – Pepperwood (Category 4)
  • Mortar: Off White (Rolled)
  • Roof Tile Profile: Heritage
  • Roof Tile Colour: Blackstone
  • Gutter/Fascia/Downpipes/Meter Box: Monument
  • Flashing: Dune
  • Aluminium Windows Colour: Dune
  • Garage Door Style: Slimline
  • Garage Colour: Caoba
  • Rear Roller Door Colour: Dune
  • Front Door Size: 2400mm x 920mm
  • Front Door Style: Corinthian MAD101 with Translucent Glass Panel
  • Front Door Stain: Rich Chocolate
  • Front Side Light: Clear
  • Main Render Colour: Bogart
  • Feature Render: Taupe Stone

KITCHEN

• Added ‘Entertainer’s Kitchen Pack’
  • Rear Benchtop: 40mm CaesarStone Category 1 (with shadow line)
  • Island Benchtop: 40mm CaesarStone Category 1 (with shadow line)
  • CaesarStone Colour: Osprey
  • Overhead Cupboards: Riven Parchment (with no handles)
  • 2 x Wall Oven Towers: Natural – Parchment (with stainless steel handles)
  • Base Cabinets: Natural – Parchment (with stainless steel handles)
  • Glass Splashback: Scallopino

Other added items to Kitchen

• 900mm Technika Cooktop
  • 900mm Smeg Concealed Rangehood
  • 2 x 600mm Technika Ovens
  • Double Undermount Sink & Multi-Function Tap Mixer
  • 3 sets of Pot Drawers (rear bench under Cooktop)

BUTLER’S PANTRY

• Benchtop: 40mm CaesarStone Category 1
  • CaesarStone Colour: Osprey
  • Overhead Cupboards: Riven Parchment (with no handles)
  • Base Cabinets: Natural – Parchment (with stainless steel handles)
  • Glass Splashback: Scallopino

Other added items to Butler’s Pantry

• Round Sink and Gooseneck Tap
  • 4 shelves for pantry items

ENSUITE

• Added ‘Ensuite Grandeur Pack’
  • CaesarStone Benchtop: Osprey - 20mm CaesarStone Category 1 (with shadow line)
  • 2 Vanity with 3 Draws: Riven – Licorice Linea (with handles)
  • Wall Tile (Floor to Ceiling): Category 1 – Bone White (300x600 #MMLWK0101) with White Grouting (#200)
  • Floor Tile: Category 3 – Cloud Mahogany (450x450 #1TIL0243) with Slate Grey (#211)
  • Feature Tile (Wall and Hob of Bath): Category 3 – Cloud Mahogany (450x450 #1TIL0243) with Slate Grey (#211)
  • Tapware: Rush Series
  • Accessories Collection: Radii (Square)
  • Toilet: Raymor Edge - Wall to Wall (upgrade)
  • Basin: Seima - Rectangular Plati (upgrade)

Other added items to Laundry

• Cavity slider to Ensuite

BATHROOM

• Added ‘Bathroom Bliss Pack’
  • CaesarStone Benchtop: Osprey - 20mm CaesarStone Category 1 (with shadow line)
  • Single Vanity with 3 Draws: Riven – Licorice Linea (with handles)Wall Tile (Floor to Ceiling): Category 1 – Bone White (300x600 #MMLWK0101) with White Grouting (#200)
  • Floor Tile: Category 3 – Cloud Mahogany (450x450 #1TIL0243) with Slate Grey (#211) Hazelnut (450x450 #1TIL0242) with Olive Grouting (#395)
  • Feature Tile (Wall and Hob of Bath): Category 3 – Cloud Mahogany (450x450 #1TIL0243) with Slate Grey (#211)
  • Basin: Seima - Rectangular Plati (upgrade)

W.C (TOILET)

• Floor Tile: Category 3 – Cloud Mahogany (450x450 #1TIL0243) with Slate Grey (#211)

POWDER ROOM

• CaesarStone Benchtop: Osprey - 20mm CaesarStone Category 1
  • Laminate Skirt: Riven – Licorice Linea
  • Feature Tile (above bench): Honed Light Coffee Stone (#1TIL0132) with White Grouting (#20)
  • Basin: Seima Plati Counter Top

LAUNDRY

• Added ‘Laundry Smarts Pack’
  • Laminate Benchtop: Natural – Platinum Micro
  • 3 Base Portrait Cabinets : Natural – Licorice Linea(with handles)
  • Wall Tile (Floor to Ceiling): Category 1 – Gloss Ivory(TAKW10404) with Alabaster Grouting (#282)
  • Tapware: Gooseneck Tap
  • Basin: Stainless Steel Trough

Other added items to Laundry

• Cavity slider to WIL
  • 900mm Broom Cupboard

OTHER COLOUR SELECTION

Internal walls & Woodwork

• Wall Paint (entire house): Whisper White
  • Woodwork (Skirtings, Architraves & Internal Plush Door): Whisper White (Gloss)

Staircase

• Under Staircase Storage (moved to Entry Area)
  • Handrail: Vic Ash with Rich Chocolate Stain
  • Balusters: Stainless Steel

We have organised our flooring and window furnishings outside of Henley. This will be done after handover.

Tried to include as much as I can, hope this all helps

Next is Tender late July and Contract Signing end of August

Hi , Your post is awesome .. I am also finalizing to build Henley Aegan 45 , you mentioned in your post that you are doing your flooring from external vendor .. Can you share details of that vendor ?? . Trying to get quote externally to compare what henley is pricing me for . Thanks
The place we are using is carpet choice
ryanl15
so i have asked henley to do similar modifications and at this moment have flatly said no. i will be calling henley to see if i can get the ok from someone higher up. but thank you for the insight!

Any luck? I have been told that they cant upgrade to 40mm benchtop and butlers pantry upgrade as this is essence collection. Looks like marketing strategy to push people to move to the next level.
Maybe they have become more restricter now regarding changes to the Essence range. Our changes were approved over a user ago. That's a same though.
Price increase on 5th Feb. so paid the initial deposit today. Sales consultant said she will try her best but asked to push during colour selection as well. Will see how it goes. 😞
Yeah, now they are very strict with essence collection.I also got so many changes approved few months ago but now if I ask even for a small change they always turn it downIt is mainly coz they are swamped by so many contracts and their draftmans are busy. But I wonder what is wrong with selecting 40mm benchtop that is not a structure change and have been always an option at colour selection.
Yes it doesnt make sense for a 40mm benchtop. Looks like there is a miscommunication as the sales consultant was saying, henley management claims that these upgrades shouldnt be a part of essence collection since Sep 2017.
Hi houseontherock,

Hows your build progressing? Henley’s measurement for the living room is not correct which I came to know after receiving detailed drawings 😞

Is carpet choice cheaper than henley quote? Also is the evaporative cooling what Henley gives is good? Its a brivis p36 with 5 outlets for first floor only. I read in product reviews and the scope is 1.4/5
Hi earcangel,

Hope your build is going well.

It's been a while since you posted your last update.Is everything good?

Our land is also getting close to entitlement and was curious to know how is yours going.

Thanks in advance.
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum