Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Trentham Build - The Baby Bordeaux

Page 10 of 12
Wow, looking really great!
bec w
Bethany
Downstairs flooring is all in! šŸ˜ Carpet to go in over next two days!

It looks so awesome! I bet you're so happy with how that came out šŸ˜

Yep! Having the floors in makes such a difference. Removalists are booked for next week. Yay!
Bethany
bec w
Bethany
Downstairs flooring is all in! šŸ˜ Carpet to go in over next two days!

It looks so awesome! I bet you're so happy with how that came out šŸ˜

Yep! Having the floors in makes such a difference. Removalists are booked for next week. Yay!

It really does doesn't it! It's all happening now. You must be planning where you'll be putting all your furniture. So exciting!
Is that engineered boards and what color stain is it?

Renman

They are Karndean luxury vinyl planks in Mountain Spotted Gum. I looked at engineered boards but I didnā€™t want a floating floor so we went for these. I had vinyl planks in our last house and loved them.
Bethany
Renman

They are Karndean luxury vinyl planks in Mountain Spotted Gum. I looked at engineered boards but I didnā€™t want a floating floor so we went for these. I had vinyl planks in our last house and loved them.
Looks really good for vinyl planks.

The floors make such a difference to the feel of the house. It looks beautiful. Congratulations.
bec w

It really does doesn't it! It's all happening now. You must be planning where you'll be putting all your furniture. So exciting!

Kinda wish I could get all new furniture but itā€™s going to have to wait. We also donā€™t have kids yet so half the house will be staying empty anyway. Lol. Itā€™ll be nice to have it feel like home though, canā€™t wait to finally be in!
Carpet is all in now too so we are ready to move in! Still need to put in our lights and split systems but weā€™ll get to that over the next couple of weeks. The photos donā€™t show off the carpet very well, itā€™s a bit lighter and has more blue in it. Really happy with it! Glad we didnā€™t get a plain grey or charcoal as I think the blue tinge really works with the style.

Bethany
Carpet is all in now too so we are ready to move in! Still need to put in our lights and split systems but weā€™ll get to that over the next couple of weeks. The photos donā€™t show off the carpet very well, itā€™s a bit lighter and has more blue in it. Really happy with it! Glad we didnā€™t get a plain grey or charcoal as I think the blue tinge really works with the style.

Everything Looks beautiful. Love the look of new carpet

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Bethany
So here are pics from our handover day which happened a week ago! Our floors are being done at the moment and should be finished next week so the next lot of pics should be more exciting! Lol. Didnā€™t take the token handover gift pic as itā€™s all wrapped up!

House and kitchen look great. We have also gone the same Settler profile formwrap door. We went with the colour Polar White in satin finish. Do you remember which colour yours is?
lilbza
Bethany
So here are pics from our handover day which happened a week ago! Our floors are being done at the moment and should be finished next week so the next lot of pics should be more exciting! Lol. Didnā€™t take the token handover gift pic as itā€™s all wrapped up!

House and kitchen look great. We have also gone the same Settler profile formwrap door. We went with the colour Polar White in satin finish. Do you remember which colour yours is?

Thanks! We went ghostgum satin finish. I originally wasnā€™t sure if I wanted polar white or ghostgum but the colour consultant suggested ghostgum for us. They are very close in colour anyway, but I think ghostgum is a warmer white.
Doulton777
Bethany

Everything Looks beautiful. Love the look of new carpet

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thanks! Yours must not be far off finished! Loving your entry and chandelier and staircase!
Bethany

Good like a home now.

We can't wait will we get out flooring done and turn this hour to a home.

[quote="Bethany"]Downstairs flooring is all in!
Carpet to go in over next two days!

What colour is your wall colour? Looks great!

Ezza78
Bethany
Downstairs flooring is all in!
Carpet to go in over next two days!

What colour is your wall colour? Looks great!

Hi Ezza, thanks! Wall colour is Dulux Ghosting in full strength.
Hi Bethany,
Just started looking at your forum as we are looking at potentially building a Trentham ourselves. Your house looks amazing I was wondering where you got your flooring and around how much it cost it looks brilliant. Love your choice of carpet too. Also I was wondering do you find the bedrooms (aside from the master) are big enough. Its hard to know how big or small they'll feel by the measurements so just wondering your opinion on this.
Bethany
bec w

Kinda wish I could get all new furniture but itā€™s going to have to wait. We also donā€™t have kids yet so half the house will be staying empty anyway. Lol. Itā€™ll be nice to have it feel like home though, canā€™t wait to finally be in!

Oh how nice would that be! But it's good for it to be a work in progress. Live in it for a while & really know what will be perfect in each room. It's looking so good though, love the carpet! Beautiful šŸ‘ŒšŸ»
chantali
Hi Bethany,
Just started looking at your forum as we are looking at potentially building a Trentham ourselves. Your house looks amazing I was wondering where you got your flooring and around how much it cost it looks brilliant. Love your choice of carpet too. Also I was wondering do you find the bedrooms (aside from the master) are big enough. Its hard to know how big or small they'll feel by the measurements so just wondering your opinion on this.

Thank you! We are loving it! We got all our flooring from a Carpet court retailer - the downstairs vinyl planks are Karndean Longboards. Not the cheapest vinyl planks buuuut we think they are worth it, they cost us about $9k. The other bedroom arenā€™t big rooms for measurements but they arenā€™t small either. They look small until you put furniture in them but a queen bed does fit comfortably, Iā€™ll try to post some pictures tomorrow for you. Itā€™s actually just my husband and I here so the other rooms donā€™t have a whole lot of function for us for now!
After what seems an eternity they have finally started turning dirt on our property. Your pics have been great
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All šŸ™‚ We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We donā€™t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum