Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Extra Laminex Cost

Page 1 of 1
We recently attended our colour appointment and requested the laminate (licorice linear) cupboards in the ensuite and bathroom to run horizontal - to match the bench. We were told this would be an upgrade as the standard is to have any laminex (with a pattern) to run vertical for the cupboards. Has anyone else encountered this? And if so what was the cost? Cannot believe it....

Thanks.
We also requested licorice linea to run horizontal, but we didn't have to pay anything extra ... I'd push for a free 'upgrade'
It does sound a bit ridiculous to me.....but the only thing I can think of is that lets say the laminate sheets are approx 1200 x 2400 and the grain runs on the smaller side they will have to cut more......Again I am not sure if that s the way it works..... but I would definately ask the right people what the reason for this is?
See what they can come up with for an answer that doesn't sound like they are just trying to get more money from you.
We ALSO have horizontal Licorice Linea
and our was no extra to have horizontal instead of vertical
Duminda
We also requested licorice linea to run horizontal, but we didn't have to pay anything extra ... I'd push for a free 'upgrade'

Maybe there wasn't any charge because it was already figured into the builder's calculations.
Related
27/04/2024
Laminex Essastone Discontinued - What are some good alternat

General Discussion

Caesarstone, quantum zero, Q Stone zero, porcelain. All the manufacturers are pivoting into zero silica materials. Google any of those and have a look. Some are still…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum