Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First build in SE Melbourne

Page 4 of 4
Just been to visit the house. And I hate the stone. Hate it so so so much. I've been crying all afternoon

In the selection sample the stone was a charcoal colour. Now it's so Brown and looks horrendous against the black tiles. I just hate it so much.
Not sure what I can do, but I surely can't live with it. Wondering how much it will cost to change it to something else

;-; oh hun!!! Don't cry!!

Share some photos if you have them.

And then pop down to Bunnings or one of those, and see if they have something you can swap too and how much it would cost. Might not be as bad as you think.
Thanks Dawn. It's just so disappointing when everything was going well and I loved my colour choices and then this catastrophe happens.

This is the colour I thought I was getting

And this is what I have

It's just so Brown in real life. And there are no traces of brown in the sample I had. I'm going to ring them Monday and see what I can do. I hate it so much there is no way I can live with it. Apparently they don't even use that supplier for benchtops anymore

I also thought I was getting white subway splashbacks in the bathrooms and they have layed the charcoal shower tiles instead. So the Brown looks even worse.

Not sure what's going to happen, just know I can't live with it and I will have to change them, no matter the cost.

Mhm, does seem a little bit brown... but not as bad as I thought it might be. I think once everything is done it might be okay, but you can definitely look at some quotes to replace it.

Don't stress, we sometimes make the wrong choice with our colours or designs. I'm spending $660 to add a shower door to my en suite after paying the builder $900 to remove the door XD Was a bad choice.
Mmm the tiles are in now (not in the pic) and it's horrible.
I just have to change it. It's going to be a pain but it is what it is. I will just go back to the white I was always going to get. Should have stuck with my gut and not been pressured by the sales lady

Oh, I hate when sales people pressure you into something that ends up being wrong for you!
Did our settlement go though? Hope everything is going ok x
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum