Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Domaine homes by clerondon

Page 5 of 6
For those that has built already with Domaine, was the site costs provided in the quote, similar to the actual site costs upon building.

Hi,
We were quoted $15k and it was actually less than that. However until they actually do a contour of your block its just a guess. Our neighbours blew out to $30k, their home needed to be split level. They are also with Domaine.
I still think Domaine are one of the better value builders out there. And they are really good at getting the homes built quickly. They don't muck around.
MichelleK
For those that has built already with Domaine, was the site costs provided in the quote, similar to the actual site costs upon building.

Hi,
We were quoted $15k and it was actually less than that. However until they actually do a contour of your block its just a guess. Our neighbours blew out to $30k, their home needed to be split level. They are also with Domaine.
I still think Domaine are one of the better value builders out there. And they are really good at getting the homes built quickly. They don't muck around.

Thanks Michelle, good to know it came below what they quoted you for site costs.

Hopefully mines the same as my land is pretty flat according to the contour plans provided by the land developer.
MichelleK

Hi,

Thanks Michelle, good to know it came below what they quoted you for site costs.

Hopefully mines the same as my land is pretty flat according to the contour plans provided by the land developer.

Glad to help. If your land is flat and rock free you should be fine. Good luck.
Those who have built with Domaine..i was wondering if their plantation shutters are good quality...i know we can do it after handover but being time poor maybe it is worth paying the extra 7ish K for a double story and get them to do it...they look nice in the Display Homes...thanks

Hi everyone who is building with domaine homes (Sohar 23). We are currently getting our soil tested and has not been presented with tender. I know once building contract is signed, you will need to pay to get anything altered. I want to finalise everything as much as possible. At the moment we are taking kitchen upgrade and electrical upgrade (but not to the lux level). Upgrade the garage door to automatic but leave out other security pack. We are not doing any bathroom upgrade and have decided to leave out the comfort upgrade as well. We are not doing ducted air condition because friends said they did not end up using their ducted air much due to unnecessary heating and cooling in rooms they are not using. We are going with one split system in the living area at the moment
I'm wondering if anyone could provide suggestions on what they wish they had done before they sign the building contract? Anything you would do differently?
I have heard the kitchen appliance they provide is not big brand and people have asked credit back? Has anyone done that? any trouble with the kitchen appliance they provided?
Has anyone tried to install extra window or skylight in the living area? how much does it cost?
Thank you!
Hey Kendra we upgraded quite a bit with domaine including kitchen and bathrooms to lux. It’s just personal preference with finishing. We did the security pack for the upgraded door locks, alarm etc
The appliances are surprisingly good. They are Artusi which is rebadged ILVE

We did the ducted air con aswell, with zones you can turn rooms on and off. We use ours quite a bit but again if your not a big air con user it may not be worth spending the money on ducted.

Spot the difference;
Artusi dishwasher -
http://artusi.com.au/product/adw5001x/

ILVE dishwasher-
https://www.ilve.com.au/commercial-product/pilfsd61/

Upgrade things that you can not do later or that might be dificult to do later..e.g High Ceilings, get ducted for AC provisioned, their electrical LUX is good value for money too...

You can upgrade to SMEG appliances now but I heard Artusi is not bad

How long has it been taking for construction of single storey homes by Domaine.
May I ask those who have done flooring after handover... did you leave skirting off or on? Domaine says they can not tack them on. How did it look like at the end?
Thanks!
erikaom
May I ask those who have done flooring after handover... did you leave skirting off or on? Domaine says they can not tack them on. How did it look like at the end?
Thanks!

We did flooring after handover. We elected to have skirting put on and we removed them ourselves before flooring. Just make sure you cut the seal and paint with a sharp stanley knife before prying the skirting off the wall or the gyprock will rip.
Some flooring companies will remove and put them on for a cost. We used Tony Dimilia flooring.
ffawadd
How long has it been taking for construction of single storey homes by Domaine.

We have recently finished building Nevada 25. From site cut to handover, 17 weeks. The quality of the build is good. Tiling could be better, but we are overall very happy.
kendra530
Hi everyone who is building with domaine homes (Sohar 23). We are currently getting our soil tested and has not been presented with tender. I know once building contract is signed, you will need to pay to get anything altered. I want to finalise everything as much as possible. At the moment we are taking kitchen upgrade and electrical upgrade (but not to the lux level). Upgrade the garage door to automatic but leave out other security pack. We are not doing any bathroom upgrade and have decided to leave out the comfort upgrade as well. We are not doing ducted air condition because friends said they did not end up using their ducted air much due to unnecessary heating and cooling in rooms they are not using. We are going with one split system in the living area at the moment
I'm wondering if anyone could provide suggestions on what they wish they had done before they sign the building contract? Anything you would do differently?
I have heard the kitchen appliance they provide is not big brand and people have asked credit back? Has anyone done that? any trouble with the kitchen appliance they provided?
Has anyone tried to install extra window or skylight in the living area? how much does it cost?
Thank you!

Definitely upgrade to 2600 ceiling height and ducted air. think about resale value in the future. We have basic temperzone 2 zone system and it works fine. I would also get the down lights in main living areas. Delta facade minimum, bulkheads in the kitchen and double vanity in ensuite. Good luck !
Thanks MichelleK. 17 weeks is not bad at all. I am glad the build came out good.
Has anyone here done laminate flooring trough Domaine? Do you know which brand of laminate they use please?

Domaine is saying that by installing solar panels in the future, it will void the roof warranty...and that it is up to the solar company to ensure the weight of the panels does not affect structure of the home. Is this normal? Has anyone her installed solar panel after handover?
We are doing colorbond roof.

erikaom
Has anyone here done laminate flooring trough Domaine? Do you know which brand of laminate they use please?

Domaine use Prime Laminate for the flooring upgrade.
MichelleK
erikaom
Thanks!

We did flooring after handover. We elected to have skirting put on and we removed them ourselves before flooring. Just make sure you cut the seal and paint with a sharp stanley knife before prying the skirting off the wall or the gyprock will rip.
Some flooring companies will remove and put them on for a cost. We used Tony Dimilia flooring.

Hi Michelle

I am thinking of doing my own flooring after handover as well. Did you use timber laminate? Was there much preparation required by the tiler? I have heard that there can be extra preparation if the floor is not completely level.
Thanks
jencal
MichelleK
erikaom
Thanks!

Hi Michelle

I am thinking of doing my own flooring after handover as well. Did you use timber laminate? Was there much preparation required by the tiler? I have heard that there can be extra preparation if the floor is not completely level.
Thanks

We used Karndean Korlock hybrid. It has been great. Highly recommend hybrid. Any brand will do. Our installer did not do much prep, hence no extra charge but there are spots where its not completely level, so i think it needed more prepping. Quote to screed whole house was $1500. That is a worst case scenario. You should have some screeding as floor won't be completely level.

I am doing a knock down / rebuild with Domaine, waiting for the tender for the Nevada 28. Has any one constructed a domaine home in a old developed area?

Does domaine hide any site costs which they tell you about later on ?

My site is in St Marys, Sydney
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum