Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Domaine homes by clerondon

Page 3 of 6
We are building with Domaine Homes in Stage 2H. We did not took comfort pack as we can get it done ourselves later better value from outside Domaine.
Hey mr India when do you start building?

Our Land is suppose to register this month, We contour and Bore report will come next month, build will start in Sep2017.
Nice. Keep us updated!

Phil are you building now?
sheik
Whoever did the estimation for my contract, did it all wrong. I think thwy did not spend a good amount of time on it. When I add all the additional site coasts it comes $28000, but on the total amount it shows &35000. It is totally disappointing. Couldn't expect from domaine homes. If they provide these sorts of poor services in tender stage, what will be the quality of the building stage, I really doubt.
I don't know now should I continue with domaine home or look for other builder? If any of you have any suggestions, pls tell me.

So what have you decided sheik

Yeah what have you decided on. If it's site costs that are so high they will probably be high with every builder but if your not in a rush to build and your land is registered get a few builders to price and give you accurate site cost estimates. Might cost you a little now but will give you peace of mind if you stay with domaine

We had ours as below:

PA for Drop edge beam etc - 10,000
PA for H1 slab -5000
BAL 12.5- 8,500

Now we asked then to remove 5000 as most of the soil test in JSE has come as M class slab. so, they removed it on condition subject to soil condition and bore report.

I would say talk to your sales guy. We had a good experience with them.
pramilashres
sheik
Whoever did the estimation for my contract, did it all wrong. I think thwy did not spend a good amount of time on it. When I add all the additional site coasts it comes $28000, but on the total amount it shows &35000. It is totally disappointing. Couldn't expect from domaine homes. If they provide these sorts of poor services in tender stage, what will be the quality of the building stage, I really doubt.
I don't know now should I continue with domaine home or look for other builder? If any of you have any suggestions, pls tell me.

So what have you decided sheik

Currently I am negotiating with sales person about site coast reductions. Seems like they are not accomodating with my suggestions. I suggest to deduct $3000 for saline treatment soil, because I know from soil test report it is not necessary. Asked them not to remove access soil, as I might need them later for landscaping. And some other measures to reduce price to suit in my budget. Also at the same time speaking with new living home. Their total price came similar, but with driveway and butler pentray and a high end facade. Finger crossed. If domaine home can not reduce the site coast price, i might go with new living homes.
HI Sheikh

We were able to remove our H1 and salinity from our tender. We spoke to them and they did it for us. Just make sure that your NLH is also giving you Hybrid frames. For us, we needed hybrid frames, i.e. steel frames for the structure, and that was the deciding factor, we are not looking at fancy buttlers kitchen etc. We are not taking comfort pack or any upgrade coz we believe, we have better choices outside Domain's selection. But basic build was the best value with them.

Cheers
MR.india
HI Sheikh

We were able to remove our H1 and salinity from our tender. We spoke to them and they did it for us. Just make sure that your NLH is also giving you Hybrid frames. For us, we needed hybrid frames, i.e. steel frames for the structure, and that was the deciding factor, we are not looking at fancy buttlers kitchen etc. We are not taking comfort pack or any upgrade coz we believe, we have better choices outside Domain's selection. But basic build was the best value with them.

Cheers

Thanks Mr India for your valuable suggestions. Yes, I asked them to do some adjustments. They will let me know on Monday.
I am not sure about which one better- timber or hybrid. Both got advantage and disadvantages. With the steel frame it will be difficult to put extra shelving or picture frames after the built. Not lot of plumber or electricians are competent with sreel framing systems.
We were told we were having hybrid and full timber wasn't an option for our design. Does it specify in your contract the frame type? If so where?

Are you guys paying domaine $700 for landscaping plans?
Nope. We don't have any landscape requirements in our estate so no need. We only need to have a specific lawn variety

Thanks phil. Good to know.
Hello gyus, why everyone so quiet in this forum. Please share any update or photos of your project.
Hey mate,
were waiting for our land to register so not much happening with us right now. What about you sheik?
May be We are going to sign contract with Domaine homes. At this stage it is 99% confirmed.
Apart from the promotion going on do you reckon they are good at freebies in contract or give additional discounts?

How far is everyone with their build
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum