Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Facade Visualizers and Product Info.

Page 1 of 1
Hello Peeps,

I have an unusual question but I'm sure you all will have some great answers.

Hubby and I are in the process of making selections for our second build, being a custom home we have access to a huge amount of products and companies. In saying that I'm not loving the lack of a decent website with a helpful visualizer and product information.

So while speaking to a particular company I might of had a moan about the lack of info and they listened
!!

They have come back to me and asked what I would like to see in a visualizer, what kind of product information I want on hand and how in depth it should be????

My answer was to have an information tab on each external item I'm selecting that houses all the relevant info I want to know about the product with a full spec list and maybe links to the companies?

Included in the visualizer should be the bricks available in my state and with different coloured mortar options.

So I'm asking everyone here what you would like to get out of a visualizer and what will help you make solid choices about your facade and home?? I did tell the company I was going to post a question because we are the ones that use these services so it's about time the companies start listening to what we really want to see and know

Wow! That's awesome, I was frustrated by the lack of visualizers, this would be great if it's pulled off, well done you

There is a colour visualiser with PGH bricks that is ok, so something like that but with lot of house designs, options to change sections to cladding, render etc. I guess the issue is getting companies on board that aren't affiliated with each other.

Building Monte Carlo 40- Wisdom homes
I feel your pain with the lack of decent visualisers - I hope this works out!

What I'd like to see is a visualiser that allows you to not have any exposed brick - being able to select brick/render/cladding for each wall would be excellent, along with a wide range of paint colours. Roofs should be able to be changed through the full range of Colorbond colours. Being able to select trim colours separately would be good, as would being able to change window/door frame colours.

A small range of generic house designs to choose from (including both one and two storey options) would be nice, and not limited to just the front facade. Colour schemes can be look very different depending upon the amount of window coverage of a wall - being able to see how something looks on both a single-storey wall with large windows vs a double-storey blank wall would be great.
Well done Tribe... I have been trying every virtualiser out there, but there are none as comprehensive as what you described!
I must say the Hallmark visualiser is the best I have found for facades (but the colour representation can be a bit off!). I would love a kitchen visualiser where you can customise every part of the kitchen including lighting and flooring, appliances!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
MandM+4
There is a colour visualiser with PGH bricks that is ok, so something like that but with lot of house designs, options to change sections to cladding, render etc. I guess the issue is getting companies on board that aren't affiliated with each other.

Building Monte Carlo 40- Wisdom homes

Agree M&M+4 it's just ok, for it to offer so much more it would be amazing.

I think another point is being able to see the full extend of products companies do offer, for example I had no idea Boral do flooring and decking
. They even do stone. Maybe I've been hiding under a rock but I was seriously surprised when I found that out.

algernon
I feel your pain with the lack of decent visualisers - I hope this works out!

What I'd like to see is a visualiser that allows you to not have any exposed brick - being able to select brick/render/cladding for each wall would be excellent, along with a wide range of paint colours. Roofs should be able to be changed through the full range of Colorbond colours. Being able to select trim colours separately would be good, as would being able to change window/door frame colours.

A small range of generic house designs to choose from (including both one and two storey options) would be nice, and not limited to just the front facade. Colour schemes can be look very different depending upon the amount of window coverage of a wall - being able to see how something looks on both a single-storey wall with large windows vs a double-storey blank wall would be great.

Thanks Algernon

I agree 100% with your suggestions, it's exactly why I thought it was a great idea to ask the question here.

Paint colours should be offered in both taubmans and dulux, with the option for FC sheeting above windows. Lots of builders are offering FC sheeting above windows instead of a steel lintel and brick and it can be very hard to picture.

Bridgetwitch
Well done Tribe... I have been trying every virtualiser out there, but there are none as comprehensive as what you described!
I must say the Hallmark visualiser is the best I have found for facades (but the colour representation can be a bit off!). I would love a kitchen visualiser where you can customise every part of the kitchen including lighting and flooring, appliances!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

Thanks BW

Oh god me too, I quite fancy the Carlisle Homes visualizer it's not bad but a little unrealistic.

Agree about the kitchen visualizer, to be able to see stone info, how wide a piece can be before a join is required, options for inlay/shaker style cabinets and flooring. Appliances is a good one

Metricon had a 3D render service for facades - I got a render of our choices, but it was pretty flat / unrealistic.

So my input would be to have something that's as close to photorealistic as possible, and not flat render types of graphics.
Check out Carlilse homes visualiser I found it to be one of the better ones.

PVBuild
Metricon had a 3D render service for facades - I got a render of our choices, but it was pretty flat / unrealistic.

So my input would be to have something that's as close to photorealistic as possible, and not flat render types of graphics.

Agree with this one PVBuild, the more realistic the better, it would also help if they can make the colours as close to the real things as possible.

Ideally, you'd also be able to visualise what it looks like at several times of day - at least midday and morning/afternoon. At least have a bright sunshine/shadow option.
I would like to see options for bricks to be laid in different styles other than a normal stretcher bond. Possibly stack bond, vertical instead of horizontal??

I would also like to see option for a corbel finish. Cladding options to show different styles and finishes, stack stone too.

Front doors too, a vast majority of people want 1200mm front doors so it would be nice to be able to see that.

Product info, I spent 30 mins searching for r ratings on cladding, which insulation I needed, the sarking and if I needed a deeper external frame. There should seriously be information links so us the customers can see everything we need to know if we choose certain finishes.

Tribe7
Hello Peeps,

I have an unusual question but I'm sure you all will have some great answers.

Hubby and I are in the process of making selections for our second build, being a custom home we have access to a huge amount of products and companies. In saying that I'm not loving the lack of a decent website with a helpful visualizer and product information.

So while speaking to a particular company I might of had a moan about the lack of info and they listened
!!

They have come back to me and asked what I would like to see in a visualizer, what kind of product information I want on hand and how in depth it should be????

My answer was to have an information tab on each external item I'm selecting that houses all the relevant info I want to know about the product with a full spec list and maybe links to the companies?

Included in the visualizer should be the bricks available in my state and with different coloured mortar options.

So I'm asking everyone here what you would like to get out of a visualizer and what will help you make solid choices about your facade and home?? I did tell the company I was going to post a question because we are the ones that use these services so it's about time the companies start listening to what we really want to see and know

Definitely everything you have already suggested. We would have liked to see internal visualisers for the bathroom and kitchen. We found it difficult to choose a whole bathroom of tiles when only able to see one in front of us. So maybe some software that can show your choice of tiles, cabinetry, benchtops, splashback etc
Even wood/ tile flooring for the remainder of the house.

Related
18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

30/05/2023
share traditional gable roof facade with pillars having ston

Building A New House

traditional gable roof facade - Have you did the dark and light gray color combination in facade with gray stone in facade…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum