Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home - Custom Design in Ipswich - Fireplace & TV

Page 3 of 29
looks great
i find the rooms feel smaller until the walls go up. I would have loved to have the balcony off the bedroom if the budget allowed.

we are still waiting for our working drawings... such a drawn out process
Holy moly allblaqk
that's way out of this world progress
can't wait to see the pics with the 2nd floor & roof done
Super lucky you're neighbours are building at the same time.

gr8ly
looks great
i find the rooms feel smaller until the walls go up. I would have loved to have the balcony off the bedroom if the budget allowed.

we are still waiting for our working drawings... such a drawn out process

Thank you
I was prepared for everything to feel small but so far i'm pretty happy with it!
That sucks, waiting is such a pain, I hope they come quickly. It all take far too long!
fleabee86
Holy moly allblaqk
that's way out of this world progress
can't wait to see the pics with the 2nd floor & roof done
Super lucky you're neighbours are building at the same time.

I will get some tomorrow, in all our excitement we forgot to take photos! It looks insane, and apart from the house going next to us on the corner its the only double storey on the street so its like WOW when you drive up.
Too bad you can't get to the 2nd level (and don't try anything sketchy) at the moment! That would be awesome to see!
ruraldoc
Too bad you can't get to the 2nd level (and don't try anything sketchy) at the moment! That would be awesome to see!

They have a ladder in actually where the stairs and void space is
But I definitely didn't climb the scaffolding to see it before it was there *cough*
Can't wait to see more photos!!
staceyrussell
:x] Can't wait to see more photos!!

Ask and Ye shall receive!

And finally, the view from our balcony!

That fenced off section in the foreground will be turned into a sort of river, parkland and walking tracks sometime this year.
how purty
...nice outlook too
are there many double-story houses in the estate?
gr8ly
how purty
...nice outlook too
are there many double-story houses in the estate?

Thanks gr8ly
There are a few, maybe 30% of houses? Some of the blocks of land (mostly corner blocks) are required to have 2 storey houses, depends on where the land is in the estate. On our long street and the one behind there are only 2 others, we will be the 3rd.
No updates this week

Roof was supposed to go on this week but they haven't even been delivered. Next door has had their land cut, plumbed, and slab laid this week. I took a friend out to see our block today and they had frames getting delivered. Gonna overtake us at this point
Still ahead of us lol. Everyone in our estate have started and we are still weeks away
Lol true. That's a sucky feeling, bet you can't wait to start!
understatement! the process has been so incredibly slow and painful. I'll start a thread as soon as there's something to report
It will feel better once you start
but again, even one week of nothing feels so slow haha. Let me know when you make your thread as I will follow along
Really nice frames! Gotta sneak around to your estate to see it (the house) in the flesh at some stage!

Hope you get your roof fixed up this week!
ruraldoc
Really nice frames! Gotta sneak around to your estate to see it (the house) in the flesh at some stage!

Hope you get your roof fixed up this week!

Same here's hoping for a roof 🎉

Feel free to have a sticky at it! It's pretty easy to find
We have a roof (Well, parts of a roof!)

Colourbond Basalt

Also our next door neighbours frames have gone up and so far their floorplan is very similar to ours
Looking good allblaqk.
Thanks Henry

We had people on site today, going to head down in a minute to see what changed
Hopefully the roof is finished.
Related
1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum