Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building our dream - Acreage Build

Page 2 of 8

We did paint the gateway over the weekend, starting to look like someone owns it 😊
Hello Abuild,

Ohhh the fence and gate looks great. How much land are you sitting on there?? What do you want your trees along your drive way to do? Privacy? Big, small, hedge?

A dual sided fire place would look amazing and create a feature on its own while being useful too. I hope your contract makes an appearance soon too. Have you made your choices on kitchen colours etc?

I do have a thread, it's called housing the tribe. It was our first Metricon build (it's stupidly huge just go to the last page) once we have our plans finalized and contract in hand we will start a new thread.

Tribe7
Hello Abuild,

Ohhh the fence and gate looks great. How much land are you sitting on there?? What do you want your trees along your drive way to do? Privacy? Big, small, hedge?

A dual sided fire place would look amazing and create a feature on its own while being useful too. I hope your contract makes an appearance soon too. Have you made your choices on kitchen colours etc?

I do have a thread, it's called housing the tribe. It was our first Metricon build (it's stupidly huge just go to the last page) once we have our plans finalized and contract in hand we will start a new thread.

Hehhehe you found my thread, and answered my question about the cabinet maker
. Sorry I read your first then mine.

Tribe7
Hello Abuild,

thank you, we have 30 acres. Looking for an evergreen native. I do like pines but don't want them to get that disease thingy ( I don't know much about gardening 😬) I kind of like the whooly bush but not sure if that will look a bit weird with the red gums we plan on planting.

For the kitchen am thinking the island will be wooden with a carrara marble type colour bench top. still deciding on stone or laminate but I'm thinking for resale maybe stone. Am going a traditional country type interior.
Does the location of your block start with J? By any chance?

shellu
Does the location of your block start with J? By any chance?

No not quite
Hey AB, turns out I was already following silently hehe!!

Love your ensuite set up!!! Love your front door!!!
Thanks heaps 😬 Hopefully soon we will see more happening.....still going back and forth on the pricing as a couple of things left out.
Hey Abuild,

Sorry for the delay, I'm doing the same thing you are getting quotes sorted and back to the builder for pricing. It's so time consuming. Are you getting closer to a contract yet??

Wow 30 acres is an insane amount of land. Will you farm anything??

Which state are you in Abuild? I really enjoy gardening but I'm not sure of your weather as somethings won't be suitable.

Traditional kitchen sounds very grand, a stone top would finish it off perfectly.

Tribe7
Hey Abuild,

Sorry for the delay, I'm doing the same thing you are getting quotes sorted and back to the builder for pricing. It's so time consuming. Are you getting closer to a contract yet??

Which state are you in Abuild? I really enjoy gardening but I'm not sure of your weather as somethings won't be suitable.

Traditional kitchen sounds very grand, a stone top would finish it off perfectly.

Everything takes so long 😂😂 I have a meeting tomorrow with the builder for hopefully final pricing as we are getting close then about a week or so for contracts I believe.

We are in Southern NSW. I'm hoping to start enjoying it more. Planning the veggie patch and some citrus trees will be in soon.

We have horses and will get a couple of cows when we finish the house and fencing.

Yep thinking stone will be the go, but just noticed it says 20mm, that's what we have in our rental, was hoping it was a bit thicker but will I be even more shocked at the price 😬 Even just on the island bench
Well it looks like my double sided fire place feature is out! The only thing I've really wanted in the whole house. Now to be told that's it's going to be $15k just for the brickwork 😬😱 just can't see the value
ABuild
Well it looks like my double sided fire place feature is out! The only thing I've really wanted in the whole house. Now to be told that's it's going to be $15k just for the brickwork
just can't see the value

Oh wow, that's a lot of money just for brickwork....

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Oh no
devastated for you!!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Oh no! That sucks

ABuild
Tribe7
Hey Abuild,

Everything takes so long
I have a meeting tomorrow with the builder for hopefully final pricing as we are getting close then about a week or so for contracts I believe.

We are in Southern NSW. I'm hoping to start enjoying it more. Planning the veggie patch and some citrus trees will be in soon.

We have horses and will get a couple of cows when we finish the house and fencing.

Yep thinking stone will be the go, but just noticed it says 20mm, that's what we have in our rental, was hoping it was a bit thicker but will I be even more shocked at the price
Even just on the island bench

Yes doesn't everything take ages. I have to chase the ducted guy for his quote tomorrow and my flooring quote. I hope your quoting is coming back quicker.

Ok your in a cooler climate, I have to admit magnolias would look amazing down the driveway. How long is your driveway? I just did my house, shed, pool and driveway siting tonight and my damn driveway is 35m long 🤷🏼‍♀️. Bugger it.

Uhm yes Stone is a bit of a shocker to be honest, how did you go with it?

Gosh your bricks are a lot, are there cheaper options?? Can you use hebel, render and paint?? What about cladding like we are having?? I hope you find a solution for this. Your fire place is so pretty.

Yes it does and then some things weren't right. So waiting again for them to be fixed, hopefully not another three weeks 😬

Are you sitting down, from memory our driveway is 200-220 metres long. I will have a look at magnolias. Lucky there are a few online cheaper places for plants.

Thanks everyone, I know it's only a fireplace in the grand scheme of things but feeling a bit deflated with the whole building process really. It's been one thing after another. If I found a place for sale even remotely what we were after already built I would probably gladly take the option right now!
Tribe7
ABuild
Tribe7
Hey Abuild,

Everything takes so long
I have a meeting tomorrow with the builder for hopefully final pricing as we are getting close then about a week or so for contracts I believe.

Yep thinking stone will be the go, but just noticed it says 20mm, that's what we have in our rental, was hoping it was a bit thicker but will I be even more shocked at the price
Even just on the island bench

Yes doesn't everything take ages. I have to chase the ducted guy for his quote tomorrow and my flooring quote. I hope your quoting is coming back quicker.

Ok your in a cooler climate, I have to admit magnolias would look amazing down the driveway. How long is your driveway? I just did my house, shed, pool and driveway siting tonight and my damn driveway is 35m long 🤷🏼‍♀️. Bugger it.

Uhm yes Stone is a bit of a shocker to be honest, how did you go with it?

Gosh your bricks are a lot, are there cheaper options?? Can you use hebel, render and paint?? What about cladding like we are having?? I hope you find a solution for this. Your fire place is so pretty.

I did ask the question about other options with the fire place but of Salesman seems reluctant saying it still needed to be heat resistant and would still be expensive. I just don't see how for a plain old wall. Anyway! The alternative they are giving is to put a plain brick wall there and just having a free standing fire on one side facing into the living area.

And yes I asked about our stone and only being 20mm he kind of fobbed it off and said we will be sitting down with a kitchen builder soon enough.
Bridgetwitch
ABuild
Well it looks like my double sided fire place feature is out! The only thing I've really wanted in the whole house. Now to be told that's it's going to be $15k just for the brickwork
just can't see the value

Oh wow, that's a lot of money just for brickwork....

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

Way too much 😢😢
charlibear
Oh no
devastated for you!!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643

Maybe in the next one
shellu
Oh no! That sucks

Sure does
Related
31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum