Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building our dream - Acreage Build

Page 6 of 8
WifeofHunza
oooh love the look of your build ....posting to follow.

Thank you hope it comes together how we envisage!
ABuild

We did paint the gateway over the weekend, starting to look like someone owns it

Loving the entrance!

ABuild

Really loving your plans! Love love love the walk in robes!

Thanks heaps! Walk ins were a necessity! Our kids collect a lot of crap 😬

Just reading through the contracts (lovely Friday night reading) I was supposed to be at dinner with a friend but sick kids means mummy duty! Anyway, in regards to the Warranty Insurance clause does this mean we don't pay the rest of the 5% until this is received. Builder wants us to pay the 3% once contracts are signed before it heads to council. We have already paid 2% does that make sense to anyone 😊
Also is 5 working days for a progress payment long enough, do your banks move that quickly?
Hey Abuild! Lost track of your thread. Hopefully you've got the answers you were looking for!

For my part our progress payments have been processed by the bank in 1 business day of me faxing them a signed progress payment authority form.
However the invoice from the builder always says must get payment within 30 days so that usually gives us plenty of time to make sure we are happy with the stage completion. To date, we haven't had any major issues with each stage so far so I am not sure if you have to rectify an issue, whether it delays your next stage start? Probably should though coz you don't want things to get built on something faulty.

Otherwise I hope things are going well...
One day that's awesome I really thought it would be a slow process. So happy to keep it at 5 days then. Still working some things out re our inclusions and the like. So no contracts signed as yet and no news. Wish I could be showing you some awesome pictures of things happening. Have to head on over to take a look where your at!
Our first took about 5 days as they had to send out an inspector and he could not get access to site.
(reading that as he got lost as it the only build on the street and there no fence around it.)

all since then have been within 24 hours of sending to broker.
ABuild
One day that's awesome I really thought it would be a slow process. So happy to keep it at 5 days then. Still working some things out re our inclusions and the like. So no contracts signed as yet and no news. Wish I could be showing you some awesome pictures of things happening. Have to head on over to take a look where your at!

When the exciting progress photos come, it will still be awesome!
Hi Abuild, can I ask who you are building with? We're looking at also building an acreage style home and wanted to see what other options there were? Thanks Melody
MellznEug
Hi Abuild, can I ask who you are building with? We're looking at also building an acreage style home and wanted to see what other options there were? Thanks Melody

Hi MellznEug,

Where are you located? As I think our builder does mostly local to our area. Sorry it took so long to respond I don't seem to get notifications.
Hi ABuild, all good! Not sure how this works lol! Still new to this. We've bought land at Pitt Town area.
Hey Abuild! Hope your acreage home is getting off the ground soon!
Hey Rural, nope no it isn't. Sadly we have hit the final snag and looks like we will be selling our block and finding another. Hopefully in another shire (which starts just across the road sadly! Anyway one day we will get to build our home 😢😬 I'm sure something will come up quickly once this is done and dusted. Onwards and upwards
That is disappointing!! I hope it does work out eventually! I guess we went through the same as well only last year with another block and another house plan we were keen on -- then realised it just wasn't going to work. However our soon-to-be new home is nearly there, and that disappointment for us last year is only a fading memory now.

Onwards and upwards!
Owh I'm so sorry you guys haven't been able to progress to build, some times some things are just meant to be (well that's what I keep telling myself
) your attitude is perfect, you will find a new block and create a new dream, one that allows you to run your business from home and build a house you really love.

You can grow some tomatoes on the new block too

What a shame ABuild. Keep positive, it is so hard sometimes to keep things moving forward. We understand we are three years into this process also and not broken land/dirt yet - whatever the saying is. I am sure that you will find another great block and who knows it may even be better!
Thanks everyone! It's has been a busy couple of weeks. Our block went on the market today (bitter sweet) but we have found something else and fingers crossed all goes well at the auction. Have had a few sleepless nights lately pulling everything together. But I'm sure we will get there!
Tribe7
Owh I'm so sorry you guys haven't been able to progress to build, some times some things are just meant to be (well that's what I keep telling myself
) your attitude is perfect, you will find a new block and create a new dream, one that allows you to run your business from home and build a house you really love.

You can grow some tomatoes on the new block too

And yep plenty of tomatoes 😂😂
ruraldoc
That is disappointing!! I hope it does work out eventually! I guess we went through the same as well only last year with another block and another house plan we were keen on -- then realised it just wasn't going to work. However our soon-to-be new home is nearly there, and that disappointment for us last year is only a fading memory now.

Onwards and upwards!

Building is definitely not for the faint hearted 😂😂

Yes you are nearly there, and is a beautiful home so I'm sure it takes the disappointment out of the other
Related
31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum