Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Affordable custom home builder, building 2nd home in Woodlea

Page 1 of 1
Hi Folks,

I had put a deposit for a block in woodlea estate (rockbank, vic) last year and expecting the title this year Oct. The block size is 350sqm, 12.5 x 28, perfect with no easement on any sides. I am planning to build a double storey, since the block is too narrow for a decent size single storey. Most of the volume builders I have looked at (Dennis, Carlisle, Boutique etc) have at best 1-2 plans that suit the block. There was one plan with Eight Homes that I sort of liked, but since they can't amend their plan from what is standard, I did not go ahead.

I have decided to go custom for the freedom of plans and better inclusions (I hope so). I have read through all posts in this forum looking for references to some custom builders in Melbourne western suburbs, but I wasn’t able to find many. Couple of suggested names were Arden, Nostra, Long Island...that I am going to have a look.

Since I don’t have a lot of time in hand and preferably want to sign up to contact atleast not more than a month after the land title, I was looking for assistance from fellow members who could recommend a few that you have either built of know of. Don’t get me wrong, but my budget is around 320k for a double storey around 31-32sq which is equates to around 10k per squares. I know custom builders are generally on the higher side, but I am guessing there may be a few that are still within reach.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Kursh.
skyzdlimit
Hi Folks,

I had put a deposit for a block in woodlea estate (rockbank, vic) last year and expecting the title this year Oct. The block size is 350sqm, 12.5 x 28, perfect with no easement on any sides. I am planning to build a double storey, since the block is too narrow for a decent size single storey. Most of the volume builders I have looked at (Dennis, Carlisle, Boutique etc) have at best 1-2 plans that suit the block. There was one plan with Eight Homes that I sort of liked, but since they can't amend their plan from what is standard, I did not go ahead.

I have decided to go custom for the freedom of plans and better inclusions (I hope so). I have read through all posts in this forum looking for references to some custom builders in Melbourne western suburbs, but I wasn’t able to find many. Couple of suggested names were Arden, Nostra, Long Island...that I am going to have a look.

Since I don’t have a lot of time in hand and preferably want to sign up to contact atleast not more than a month after the land title, I was looking for assistance from fellow members who could recommend a few that you have either built of know of. Don’t get me wrong, but my budget is around 320k for a double storey around 31-32sq which is equates to around 10k per squares. I know custom builders are generally on the higher side, but I am guessing there may be a few that are still within reach.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Kursh.

HI Kursh,

I work for builder. We customize houses and very cost effective. But $10K per square is bit of squeeze. Give me call to discuss 0433256197.if we can work something out.

Thanks
Jas
Hi Jas

Do you have any website to check out few floor plans for DS homes. We have a block in Woodlea as well 20 x 32 - 640sqm.

Cheers
Related
13/08/2023
Building in Woodlea

Building A New House

Hey, how did you end up with choosing the construction company? I'm going to be with Metronest soon. I've seen a few reviews of Metronest and they say it's fine overall…

24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

24/09/2023
Most affordable paint brand

General Discussion

Thank you. That is really helpful. Once we get the place done and passed for OC we can upgrade in the future once we get back on our feet and not paying mortgage and rent.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum