Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Katrina's 2nd home build - Gympie

Page 14 of 15
Katrina it looks beautiful up on the hill. Im so happy everything has fallen into place.

viewtopic.php?t=88323&f=31&p=1771329#p1771329
How exciting! Its all coming together. Love the outdoor lights as well they look fantastic
PCI booked for 7am tomorrow morning and this is the state of our house. What a joke.

More outside.

Nobody onsite at all today. Almost 3 weeks now and tiles STILL not finished. Bathrooms still not grouted, oh, except for the main bathroom shower recess, which I don't even know why they f@cking grouted anyway when the tiles around the windows aren't complete yet. Plumber still can't get in to do his final fitout because of the tiler, and so the tanks haven't been plumbed in yet. All the flooring was supposed to happen Monday, but no sign of them yet. No doors on the robes or linen cupboards. I'm a bit over it now. I have submitted final payment to the bank because I was told the valuer would be able to come early this week. Makes me look like a d!ck to the bank now. No hope of handover this week.

I sit at work all day expecting to come home and see it has been a hive of activity, and to find that not one job has been done is depressing. I am so p!ssed off that the builder got our hopes up that it would be done by Christmas. If they couldn't deliver they should've just said so. I just want to cry now.

KatrinaH
I sit at work all day expecting to come home and see it has been a hive of activity, and to find that not one job has been done is depressing. I am so p!ssed off that the builder got our hopes up that it would be done by Christmas. If they couldn't deliver they should've just said so. I just want to cry now.

KatrinaH that's so upsetting, we wish we could give you our trades to make your work much smoother, we are sitting looking at our completed house this week, waiting for a PCI and handover in the new year. Feeling your pain!
That must be so frustrating Hudson. Our builder has suggested that we just move in anyway as soon as it's livable, he's not even worried about the money. But we don't want to do that incase something goes wrong, who knows what, but just wouldn't feel right. So we will just wait out the process. He met us this morning for our "pci" and seemed really peeved off at the tilers. But hubby is home this morning waiting for the nbn installer, and said that there are tradies everywhere. The plumbers turned up, got the sh!ts that the tiling still isn't finished, gave the tiler a stern talking to and told him exactly what needed to be grouted this morning so they can get in and do what they have to do this arv and then left again. So the tiler is actually doing some producti e work today, lol. The concreters were there to pour the steps as all the entries and portico floor and bases for the hotwater system and pump. So sounds like things are actually moving forward today.

KatrinaH
That must be so frustrating Hudson. Our builder has suggested that we just move in anyway as soon as it's livable, he's not even worried about the money. But we don't want to do that incase something goes wrong, who knows what, but just wouldn't feel right. So we will just wait out the process. He met us this morning for our "pci" and seemed really peeved off at the tilers. But hubby is home this morning waiting for the nbn installer, and said that there are tradies everywhere. The plumbers turned up, got the sh!ts that the tiling still isn't finished, gave the tiler a stern talking to and told him exactly what needed to be grouted this morning so they can get in and do what they have to do this arv and then left again. So the tiler is actually doing some producti e work today, lol. The concreters were there to pour the steps as all the entries and portico floor and bases for the hotwater system and pump. So sounds like things are actually moving forward today.

Yes absolutely we feel the same way we would rather then do things right the first time than rush and be left disappointed with defects. It's not worth the rush. Sounds so good that thing are moving along. Your SS should have been on top of the tiler. Coral needs to learn to give their SS less of a work load to take care of and focus more on what reliable trades means. I feel that the SS's have too many sites and the trades get away with no supervision as a result so that's when things slip up sadly.
Oh Katrina I have just caught up. I am feeling for you. Your bloody tiler needs to pull his head in and get his job done.

H Family
Oh Katrina I have just caught up. I am feeling for you. Your bloody tiler needs to pull his head in and get his job done.

Absolutely H. The tiler is driving us insane. The owner of the building company we went through brought a new guy out today who hubby said seems to be our site supervisor (as I have said previously, if we actually had one before he has never been here) and he was cracking the whip this morning. The tiling is now pretty close to being done, atleast to a point now that the plumbers can move forward tomorrow. The concreting has been done fir the pump and hotwater system so they should ber installed tomorrow. The chippies have been and installed the missing pieces of skirting and put the rails in the robes. The plumbers asked hubby this morning where our toilets and tapware and towel rails are, and hubby told him we haven't seen them delivered yet. He called the office of the builder who told them they arrived a few weeks ago, so then he called the supplier who told him they had not even been ordered yet. So, hopefully cause we kept all that standard it should all arrive tomorrow, so not a huge deal. I think after this week all that should be left is shower screens, flooring and robe doors, oh and probably flyscreens. I spoke to the bank today and they told me the valuer is coming tomorrow, so I'm a bit nervous that the house is still a little too far off. But jeepers they git a wriggle on today. Hubby even said the new Ss was gonna try to get the flooring happening asap, when the builder told us this morning that he was trying to get someone to do it in the 3 days between xmas and new years.

So no bathroom fitouts today, no pump or hotwater system installed. No flooring started. And yet the builder booked the valuer to come out to sign off on the final payment. He just looked at it and laughed. I called the builder to inform them and they asked what they have to complete to get it signed off, and I said all of it. The valuer was not happy about his time being wasted and that he will now have to come back after they get back on the 8th if January (hopefully not at our cost or I'll be fuming) because it was so far from completion. He said if it was just flyscreens or something we could just sign that off ourselves and go ahead with handover, but he was astounded that he was booked by the builder when our plumbing isn't even complete yet. So probably looking at atleast late January now. Ah, another really really insanely hot month living in the shed.

Hey any news on when you might be able to move in?

H Family

Hi Hfamily. No, not really. They reckon they'll have it done by the end of next week, but they have done sweet fa this week, so won't hold my breath. We were hoping by end of next week so we have a chance of moving on the long weekend after that. On a positive note, the flooring that i was disappointed in having to rechoose showed up today. And i actually really like it. I will have to go take some pics for you.

KatrinaH
H Family

Hi Hfamily. No, not really. They reckon they'll have it done by the end of next week, but they have done sweet fa this week, so won't hold my breath. We were hoping by end of next week so we have a chance of moving on the long weekend after that. On a positive note, the flooring that i was disappointed in having to rechoose showed up today. And i actually really like it. I will have to go take some pics for you.

So it was hard to get a good pic of the flooring, i guess the best way to describe it is it looks smokier than in the photos, not as bright pine colour. The plumber has been in this week to install tapware and loos. He stuffed up our shower heads. The 2 rail ones were supposed to be in the ensuite, he has installed one in the main bathroom and put the cheapy standard one in the ensuite. It doesn't work because the outlet comes out of the wall too close to the shower screen, so you would nearly be rubbing up against the glass to be under the water. Problem is the rail one in the main bathroom has been screwed into the tiles top and bottom, so if the just swap them over they will have to replace some tiles. I have a feeling we're gonna have to pay for another rail one, but hubby is dead against paying because it's their mistake. They either give us another rail one and leace the one in the main bathroom, or move it to where it should be and replace tiles where they've removed it off the wall in the main bathroom. You can also see the tiles are not complete yet around the window in the main bathroom. My black sink is in. The cabinet maker refused to accept responsibility for damaging it, so the builder ended up paying for another. I feel bad for him, because i absolutely believe it was the cabinet maker that did the damage, they had it for 3 months after all.

That flooring looks really nice with your wall colour and I am glad you are happy with it!
allblaqk
That flooring looks really nice with your wall colour and I am glad you are happy with it!
Thanks Allblaqk. How are things going with you?

KatrinaH

Our guys only started back this week but we have had workers the last 2 days so hopefully back on track
I've gotten my husband to contact our builder as i can't be bothered anymore lol
allblaqk
KatrinaH

Our guys only started back this week but we have had workers the last 2 days so hopefully back on track
I've gotten my husband to contact our builder as i can't be bothered anymore lol
I'm at that point too I think, but I am reluctant to leave it to my husband, because he's very cranky about it all and he'll just be rude to them, which isn't going to help anyone at all.

KatrinaH
I'm at that point too I think, but I am reluctant to leave it to my husband, because he's very cranky about it all and he'll just be rude to them, which isn't going to help anyone at all.

Thats probably not a good idea then, my husband is a lot more calm then I am, but hes also disorganised and forgetful so....
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum