Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Katrina's 2nd home build - Gympie

Page 12 of 15
Tiling has begun.

Yay thats fantastic! Any estimate of how long it will take?
Not the tiling itself. Actually, my email update yesterday said that tilers have been onsite and have almost completed the wet area tiling
. But, we have been given a completion date of the 15th. If everything goes right, and we can coordinate things really well with the bank, we should be in by Christmas.

KatrinaH
Not the tiling itself. Actually, my email update yesterday said that tilers have been onsite and have almost completed the wet area tiling
. But, we have been given a completion date of the 15th. If everything goes right, and we can coordinate things really well with the bank, we should be in by Christmas.

Katrina that is the best news yet!!!!

viewtopic.php?t=88323&f=31&p=1771329#p1771329
H Family
KatrinaH

Yes. I rang the owner of the building company yesterday and he is trying really hard to make it happen. I think he feels sorry for us living in the shed. He said our house is his biggest priority. But it just still seems like so much to do. He is worried about the weather though and trying to get the tanks and septic in next week. The kitchen had been delayed until the week of completion, but found out yesterday that they had issues on another job, so we jumped the queue and ours is now going in Monday and Tuesday next week. Stone tops still not until the 12th though. The bank told me I have to have the final invoice in by the 11th to have enough time to get payment sorted by Christmas, so hopefully the builder can coordinate the final inspection by the valuer at just the right time. It's still a little bit up in the air, but fingers crossed it all comes together.

KatrinaH
H Family
KatrinaH

Yes. I rang the owner of the building company yesterday and he is trying really hard to make it happen. I think he feels sorry for us living in the shed. He said our house is his biggest priority. But it just still seems like so much to do. He is worried about the weather though and trying to get the tanks and septic in next week. The kitchen had been delayed until the week of completion, but found out yesterday that they had issues on another job, so we jumped the queue and ours is now going in Monday and Tuesday next week. Stone tops still not until the 12th though. The bank told me I have to have the final invoice in by the 11th to have enough time to get payment sorted by Christmas, so hopefully the builder can coordinate the final inspection by the valuer at just the right time. It's still a little bit up in the air, but fingers crossed it all comes together.

Ive got everything crossed for you. I never knew it has to have a valuer come out again to do final payment. I submitted my last invoice this week. Hopefully the bank is quick with their stuff

H Family
KatrinaH
H Family
[quote="KatrinaH"]Not the tiling itself. Actually, my email update yesterday said that tilers have been onsite and have almost completed the wet area tiling

Ive got everything crossed for you. I never knew it has to have a valuer come out again to do final payment. I submitted my last invoice this week. Hopefully the bank is quick with their stuff

viewtopic.php?t=88323&f=31&p=1771329#p1771329[/quote]Yeah, I think it's just to make sure you actually built what your contract said you were going to build, lol.

So, with 2 weeks and 1 day until completion, we still need:

Kitchen
Laundry cabinets
Bathroom vanities
Tiling still to be completed
Shower screens
Electrical fitout
Plumbing fitout
Water tanks
Treatment plant
Vinyl plank flooring
Clothesline
Tv aerial
Window screens
Blinds
Hot water system
Air-conditioning
Appliances installed

I'm sure I've missed something, lol.

Honestly thats very do-able if your guys have got it together. A lot of those things are small jobs - fingers crossed!
Well the tiling "started" on Thursday. There was no one at all at the house on Friday, and as of yet no one again today. 10 days left until expected completion and nothing happening. Kitchen is supposed to be going in today and tomorrow, but i'd say with all the rain around they wouldn't be able to transport it to site. Rain also means no tank and treatment plant installation probably at all this week. With every drop of rain i feel a pre Christmas handover becoming less and less likely.

KatrinaH
Well the tiling "started" on Thursday. There was no one at all at the house on Friday, and as of yet no one again today. 10 days left until expected completion and nothing happening. Kitchen is supposed to be going in today and tomorrow, but i'd say with all the rain around they wouldn't be able to transport it to site. Rain also means no tank and treatment plant installation probably at all this week. With every drop of rain i feel a pre Christmas handover becoming less and less likely.

Oh Katrina I pray that it doesn't hold you up. The rain can go away that is for sure

H Family
KatrinaH

Oh Katrina I pray that it doesn't hold you up. The rain can go away that is for sure

I think it would be easier to cope with (even if it meant handover was delayed until after Christmas) if we atleast had the tanks in so we could be catching all this water. If they were installed and plumbed in, we would probably have 2 full 5000gal tanks by now. Now handover may be delayed until after Christmas anyway, AND we'll have to buy water. That hurts.

Sorry for the crappy photos, but very excited to get home today to find the electrical fitout almost complete. LOVE the front coach lights. Can't wait to see the facade all lit up at night time. The tiler also came back today and tiled the shower bases, he seems to only want to work about an hour a day.

KatrinaH
Sorry for the crappy photos, but very excited to get home today to find the electrical fitout almost complete. LOVE the front coach lights. Can't wait to see the facade all lit up at night time. The tiler also came back today and tiled the shower bases, he seems to only want to work about an hour a day.

Yeah for progress, gets a bit real when you have lights and things installed

Looks amazing so happy for you, fingers crossed for Xmas move in!
Kitchen finally arrived this morning just before I left for work.

WOO HOO
Kitchen, laundry and a bit of extra tiling done. Starting to look like a house now.

Looking good, its coming together! Cabinets really make it feel like a house

Love the look of the sink too
Katrina that is great, it really comes together quickly from there.

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum