Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Upgrades with Carlisle homes easy living

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

We are building the Bayview 19 and have requested for a couple of upgrades we would like to have in our home. We are moving onto the "selections" step where we would be finalising the extras and colour schemes. I was just wondering for anyone else that have built with easy living, what were the upgrades that you have chosen? Any in particular that you felt were essential (before or after building)?

Our upgrades so far were the:
Caesarstone bench tops for kitchen and bathroom
Glass splashback for kitchen
Laminate flooring for living areas
Porcelain tiles for wet areas
Upgrade to category 3 carpet and underlay for bedrooms and study
Upgrade in front facade
Flyscreens
Brickwork over garage door (requirement by the estate)
Exposed aggregate driveway (requirement by the estate)

As this is our first home, we are quite lost as to what would be good to put into our home before moving in. We would prefer to select our own appliances rather than go with the Technika. Hence, we have chosen not to install the dishwasher or the microwave. Same goes with the alarm system. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
I am not sure what the standard inclusions are but the upgrades you have selected are good ones.
The only other thing I would suggest to consider having done before building (included in the build), is some cat6 / 5e network cabling. Its easy to do during a build.Think about where you modem/router will go, have some cables running to where you tv's will be etc..
maximo101
I am not sure what the standard inclusions are but the upgrades you have selected are good ones.
The only other thing I would suggest to consider having done before building (included in the build), is some cat6 / 5e network cabling. Its easy to do during a build.Think about where you modem/router will go, have some cables running to where you tv's will be etc..

Thanks, will definitely get my partner to look into that. Don't know much about cabling/ technology in the household.
We were thinking about double glazing the windows as well for better sound insulation and temperature stability. Currently waiting on a quote. I'm expecting it to be quite a hefty one
I personally would go with double glazing and sound proof insulation around a home theatre room, but it all comes back to your budget and what is most important to you.
Hi,

We are planning to build the same home - Bayview as well.

How did you go? Mind sharing the price and plan?

Cheers.
Hi we are building with Carlisle easy living.

We are doing same upgrades and their standard inclusions are pretty good it seems.

Any tips ?

Was planning to build the Bayview 19 for some time but might settle on the Englewood 27 at the end. Bayview 19 sounds good, but I don't know where we are going to put our stuffs with our 10.5m compact land and floor plan
We're hoarders
We are also building with Easyliving. Glenbrook 25 is what we have chosen.
They are not at all flexible in changing the design of the home. We requested to remove the wall between WC and bath and they rejected it. Wish they can include Alfresco in the living area.

Anyone got lucky in modifying the plan?
immu999
We are also building with Easyliving. Glenbrook 25 is what we have chosen.
They are not at all flexible in changing the design of the home. We requested to remove the wall between WC and bath and they rejected it. Wish they can include Alfresco in the living area.

Anyone got lucky in modifying the plan?

No. I dont think they allow any changes to plans. Only options listed in their design.

Easy living coles with limited options when come to upgrades and colours. Good for first home buyers but not if you need luxury or lot of changes.

Related
15/10/2023
DIY fence gate motor installation? Easy?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

I mean, I install them/sell them for a living so I haven't done DIY, unless you count the first one I installed lol. (electrician by trade). Usually a 6-8 hour job for…

24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum