Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Mystique Wollert

Page 3 of 4
Alok confirmed on Thursday last week that title is planned for Jan/Feb. We are stage 3. This waiting game is draining.
I drove past it few days ago & they seem to be digging but can’t see much from Craigieburn road. We r in stage 1 finger crossed it gets titled quick
ricky_3
I drove past it few days ago & they seem to be digging but can’t see much from Craigieburn road. We r in stage 1 finger crossed it gets titled quick

We are in stage 1 too and with other 2 friend are in stage 1 as well.
But don’t know what’s going on with settlement date.
We bought it in jan2017 and it’s aug18. And still not sure when it’s settling .
Anybody signed any builder or recommendations?
how bout site cost?
Any updates kindly share .
Thanks
We bought are land in 2016... we have Sign the builder contract we got 15 months price lock in which was good. Alok did say it should title by February. U should get fixed site cost there is way to many rocks to take any kind of risk.
Yes agreed with fixed site cost. We locked in to build with Dennis Family Homes last year.
So stages 1-5 will be titled in Feb next year? So in 6 months they will have all laid all the cables, pipes, other infrastructure plus roads ready for the builders to move in. To quote the famous AFL ad of the 90's..... "I'll like to see that!" Personally i'm smelling a rat! Why is it that all the other estates are well under way except ours? What is going on? We are more than 50% sold so where are the bulldozers!
I went to Look at the land yesterday and they are digging (thank goodness). I would say worst case it should be done by March April . I could see white pips being installed underground.
So when do we start worrying about the Sunset Clause?
Any update on works ? Or anybody had a word with Alok lately ? Any one went on-site to have a look on progress of works .

Ynwa86 sunset clause is not a problem anymore , I think it can only happen with the consent of purchaser .
Developer cannot do that anymore as per law . Don’t have much clarity but it’s not the case what it used to be .
Went the weekend before last. Horizontal alignment of the road has changed. There is also an access road into the estate... very muddy and it was raining.. so didn't venture in too much. Definitely some action though. That's great about the sunset clause if that's the case!
[quote="Pbr"]Any update on works ? Or anybody had a word with Alok lately ? Any one went on-site to have a look on progress of works .

This was posted on the Facebook page today.

As per Alok stage will be settling in feb2019 . A lot of work has been done and in progress . Site office opened up again already .
Hi all,

Really sorry for almost disappear from the thread been busy and overseas for couple months.

Great updates! hopefully that's true ( Feb 2019 ), I went to Mystique last weekend, and people are working over the weekend.

Regarding Facebook group, unfortunately I need to invite 1 person to activate the group, anyone wants to be my facebook friend? (dm me).

Cheers,
Just had a peak on the Vic Plan Website. This looks promising:

Nice update YNWA,

I went to the site last weekend and someone (not Alok) said, the estimate time for land title now:
Stage 1 - 2 ( Feb - March 2019 )
Stage 3 ( March - April 2019 )

Things start progressing, here's hoping no more delay
Even The Oz is writing about the area, today.....

https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy ... 77b2e11ced
Hi all,

YNWA and I, have created Facebook Closed Group for Mystique Wollert Community

Address: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mwcomm
or search: Mystique Wollert Community

Cheers,
So has everyone got the email about the massive delays.......!!!!

Consider this folks, establish houses are falling like a rock. By the time title is due or sunset period expires (which is more than likely the case) do you :

A. Walk away from Mystique and buy an established house, or
B. Continue with Mystique, pay a higher premium for *YOUR* land and hopefully turnkey in 2021?

Look at these rough sums, using our budget (land+house+stamp duty is $700k)

- Established house in Wollert:
- November 2018 sale price 700k + stamp duty $39k........................... = $739
- November 2019 sale price (5% decrease) $665K + stamp duty $37k = $702
- November 2020 sale price (5% decrease) $631k + stamp duty $34k = $665
- November 2021 sale price (5% decrease) $600k + stamp duty $32k = $632

We can play the "what ifs" all night with the above figures but lets say house prices do fall by 5% each year until 2021. Why on earth would I stay with Mystique at spend $700k (not including the new land value post sunset) when I can buy pretty much the same thing for $70k less.

Just think about this neighbours!!!!!

MYSTIQUE -> WE ARE NOT HAPPY
Ironbark.. join the Facebook group...

Lots of permutations!
ironbark211
So has everyone got the email about the massive delays.......!!!!

Consider this folks, establish houses are falling like a rock. By the time title is due or sunset period expires (which is more than likely the case) do you :

A. Walk away from Mystique and buy an established house, or
B. Continue with Mystique, pay a higher premium for *YOUR* land and hopefully turnkey in 2021?

Look at these rough sums, using our budget (land+house+stamp duty is $700k)

- Established house in Wollert:
- November 2018 sale price 700k + stamp duty $39k........................... = $739
- November 2019 sale price (5% decrease) $665K + stamp duty $37k = $702
- November 2020 sale price (5% decrease) $631k + stamp duty $34k = $665
- November 2021 sale price (5% decrease) $600k + stamp duty $32k = $632

We can play the "what ifs" all night with the above figures but lets say house prices do fall by 5% each year until 2021. Why on earth would I stay with Mystique at spend $700k (not including the new land value post sunset) when I can buy pretty much the same thing for $70k less.

Just think about this neighbours!!!!!

MYSTIQUE -> WE ARE NOT HAPPY

Hi IronBark, join our Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mwcomm

To be honest, I am also have the same thinking as yours and will email Alok for a complaint, but yes, when we have a look at REA website, with our house and land price in Mystique, we actually can buy with the same price, bigger land and closer to city.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum