Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon - Savannah 40 - Adelaide Athelstone

Page 5 of 5

Looks all amazing. Do you know what chandelier your going to have yet at the stairs?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

That's a big update! Everything looking on point, really love all your choices.
looking amazing!!
What is your networking setup and did Metricon install it for you?

Renman

Hubby set ours up

viewtopic.php?t=86597
@D777

Can I get your hubby to do my one for me too? Lol

Renman

Cat 6 all ran back to garage with a 16 port gigabit switch, couple of patch panels, just plug in the modem and away you go.
We have NBN to the premise but will probably just put a 5G modem in there as it's available in our area and min 10x faster than NBN.
Renman
@D777

Can I get your hubby to do my one for me too? Lol

Hahahah sure. When he finds the time

viewtopic.php?t=86597
craigo
Renman

Cat 6 all ran back to garage with a 16 port gigabit switch, couple of patch panels, just plug in the modem and away you go.
We have NBN to the premise but will probably just put a 5G modem in there as it's available in our area and min 10x faster than NBN.

Did they terminate the Cat6 cables with a RJ45 connector for you? They are refusing to do it for our build stating that it's not in their scope?

Renman
craigo
Renman

Did they terminate the Cat6 cables with a RJ45 connector for you? They are refusing to do it for our build stating that it's not in their scope?

Some builders do, some don't , Mine did but it doesn't not matter , However, since it was outside the brick wall the connector all was dusty and expose to moisture. So I have to redo them.
Renman

That's so random! All ours were done, they even supplied the switch.
dulie
Renman

That's so random! All ours were done, they even supplied the switch.
Mine was just left tied up into a bundle.

great networking setup. where did you guys get that enclosure from?
Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum