Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

East Estate

Page 3 of 4
So more photos of East estate on Monday

And tradies still working in stage 1 but Spear says
Land has got compliance and been sent to title office

Stage 1 received statement of compliance on Monday and is currently awaiting title with Land Victoria.
Stage 2 is having an issue with water apparently, causing a further delay. Statement of Compliance expected first week of September.
Noticed that most of builders have done soil tests and survey even before compliance starting from around 18th August.
Soil report still to to come but came to know about someone in stage 2 has got H2 in soil test.
Survey for my lot is done and it has come at around 200mm fill. Waiting for soil test report.
Further, noticed that the east estate land developer has let the wild grass just grow and won't probably do anything.
There will be many photos tomorrow morning around 1130 of estate with wild grass.
On settlement day

Probably providing a clean lot is not their thing compared to lots on clydevale and other land developers
pEast
Noticed that most of builders have done soil tests and survey even before compliance starting from around 18th August.
Soil report still to to come but came to know about someone in stage 2 has got H2 in soil test.
Survey for my lot is done and it has come at around 200mm fill. Waiting for soil test report.
Further, noticed that the east estate land developer has let the wild grass just grow and won't probably do anything.
There will be many photos tomorrow morning around 1130 of estate with wild grass.

Our builder has been told explicitly by the developer now soil tests or anything of the sort are allowed until settlement has occurred, so I'm not sure how anyone else in Stage 2 has managed to get theirs done already, considering SOC was only issued last Thursday.
smithfamily
pEast

Our builder has been told explicitly by the developer now soil tests or anything of the sort are allowed until settlement has occurred, so I'm not sure how anyone else in Stage 2 has managed to get theirs done already, considering SOC was only issued last Thursday.

Forgot to take photos the other day of them performing soil tests. I even asked whether they did for my lot too and regarding stage 2 already seen the soil report
Y
So there were 4 lots in stage 1 East estate which had south east water put taps on. Surprisingly stage 2 lot 230 on the corner had its taps at the same time done too. Simonds are first to fence lot 148.
And also noticed a lot of rubbish and mattresses thrown around.
So Simonds in lot 148 has roof trusses on and 8homes slab and in stage 2 sbg has its slab - these 3 had the soil tests long before others. My builder tried to charge penalty rate for greater than 12 months but straight told them that they did a soil test in stage 2 in August so I am not paying penalty for oct cos they did only soil test on my lot on 21st sept
Further thieves at work have stolen the taps where ever they could find in stage 1 and 2 and also saw that they have stolen the lawn pieces laid recently

Yep i went and cleared our block today as our builder will be on site week after next. Thieves have stolen our tap which i am not happy about but unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. I did notice that the Simonds block in stage 1 has some of the temp fence knocked down and the meter box looks as though some electrical components have been stolen as well. I hope this isnt a sign of what is to come for our build, time will tell I guess.
All the residents in our estate pressured the developer to install a 24 hour camera at each entrance to record vehicles dumping rubbish and to deter thieves. It's definitely working as the reduction in losers dumping rubbish has dropped dramatically.

I think this is definitely worth a try!
So visit the site today and they have installed camera st entrance not sure when cos never paid any attention nor sure what it will do just recording entrance anyway
so looks like stage 3 and 4 are also titled and ready for settlement.
Yes I had confirmation from our builder than Stage 3 has titled a couple of weeks back. Now hopefully I can get in contact somehow with my neighbour behind which is in Stage 3 to discuss fencing options.....
smithfamily
Yes I had confirmation from our builder than Stage 3 has titled a couple of weeks back. Now hopefully I can get in contact somehow with my neighbour behind which is in Stage 3 to discuss fencing options.....

yes - that's good and if some people on the back start the build in January it will be good for you and easy to sort the fence issue - never know - Simonds r building some more in stage 1 and 2 looks like and the chances of a build right at the rear could be a Simonds - chances look good
Time will tell.
I have noticed a lot of temp fences and slabs go down over the past couple of weeks which is great. Hopefully we see some starting in Stages 3 & 4 over the next week.
I have started a Facebook Group for East Estate residents, if you know of any, or you are one, please join

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eastestateresidents/
smithfamily
I have started a Facebook Group for East Estate residents, if you know of any, or you are one, please join

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eastestateresidents/

no worries - thanks
Related
7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum