Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon - Glendale 39 HLE (Regional Vic)

Page 5 of 5
Annnnd just like that we have a second floor
pretty awesome views all around!

Looks great! You will be loving the views for years to come! Are they red/orange street lights?? Never seen that before!!!
Our first real issue, we have been told that evap cooling hasn't been included in our build!!

Full story - When we originally signed up with M we had this addition:

A couple of weeks ago I thought to triple check again that it is included, and to my surprise I was told evap isn't included! So for the last two weeks I have been asking for this to be added back in and that we had always paid for it.

It turns out the electrical consultant deleted the item (no variation received for this) during our appointment and we never picked it up because we received our total variation as one figure with colours etc, so there was technically a $4k credit in there.

The last correspondence was with the Construction Manager who said he will get back to me on Monday about the cost and if M would pay for any of it. Our frustration isn't that we are being asked to pay for it, it's that we had budgeted on the final figure we were given and all our finance is approval is on that amount. So now we are being asked to pay $4k out of pocket.

Evap will now be added in (lucky we are only at frame stage), just have to wait and see how hard we can push for M to pay for it! Very frustrating to get such a big hit. Lets see what happens next week
elieassi1992
Our first real issue, we have been told that evap cooling hasn't been included in our build!!

Full story - When we originally signed up with M we had this addition:

• Fast forward to our colours/electrical appointment: The electrical consultant asked if we had considered refrigerated cooling, so she sought an external quote. It came back at $20k+ (as expected) so I said we'll stick with the evap.
  • Our electrical/colours and new contract was sent to us a few weeks later for sigining, the above line item was no longer in the contract but it was in the electrical variation listed as "Item included as per original sales paperwork". The plans we were sent accompanying these contracts had the evap unit on showing on the roof. I again queried (through email thank god) that the electrical plan still didnt show the duct points, and I was told this would be added when we are handed over to construction.
  • A few months went past and we received our construction documents and I signed this on docusign (online signing) as nothing was to change. The engineering plans showed the evap unit still on the roof so I had comfort.

A couple of weeks ago I thought to triple check again that it is included, and to my surprise I was told evap isn't included! So for the last two weeks I have been asking for this to be added back in and that we had always paid for it.

It turns out the electrical consultant deleted the item (no variation received for this) during our appointment and we never picked it up because we received our total variation as one figure with colours etc, so there was technically a $4k credit in there.

The last correspondence was with the Construction Manager who said he will get back to me on Monday about the cost and if M would pay for any of it. Our frustration isn't that we are being asked to pay for it, it's that we had budgeted on the final figure we were given and all our finance is approval is on that amount. So now we are being asked to pay $4k out of pocket.

Evap will now be added in (lucky we are only at frame stage), just have to wait and see how hard we can push for M to pay for it! Very frustrating to get such a big hit. Lets see what happens next week

Fingers crossed for you elieassi1992 - I can’t believe how closely we need to cross check EVERYTHING with this mob.... you would think if it was in writing from the start, it would be pretty safe to assume it’s included in the build. From now on I will be checking everything!
Thanks Shokel, we thought the same thing! Turns out they still delete and make amendments in the background without sending variations.

Lucky we picked it up at the frame stage, not closer to the build finish
Frames are done and gutters are in
Roof tiles to start next week.

Met our SS out on site today, best bloke ever! Couldn't be happier with his communication and service.

Progress! First floor Hebel, roof tiles (main area) and evap are on.

elieassi1992
Progress! First floor Hebel, roof tiles (main area) and evap are on.

Looking good! Are you rendering both levels?
Yep it's all Hebel except for the top right corner which is weatherboard

Just to break it up abit.
elieassi1992
Yep it's all Hebel except for the top right corner which is weatherboard

Just to break it up abit.

Can’t wait to see it
Looks great!! I think I drove by it the other day when driving around looking at gardens
The hebel makes a massive difference time wise! We took 7 months to hit lock up stage and finally get plaster up
kylz4
Looks great!! I think I drove by it the other day when driving around looking at gardens
The hebel makes a massive difference time wise! We took 7 months to hit lock up stage and finally get plaster up

Your garden is looking awesome kylz!

Yeah you can't miss us, the only house with the big gumtree on the corner haha.
Hey mate, just checking how did the flooring post handover went?? Would you share your experience please?
Just curious to know if laying tiles with skirting and arcs on can be a problem?
rajput
Hey mate, just checking how did the flooring post handover went?? Would you share your experience please?
Just curious to know if laying tiles with skirting and arcs on can be a problem?

Hi Rajput, we haven't moved in yet. Probably about 4 weeks away
We're doing vinyl and carpet, so won't be able to share experiences there unfortunately!
Some house photos, seeing as I've been lazy over the last few months

Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum