Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Build SEQ - modified Grange 20

Page 4 of 15
aloenyx
You must be special!!!
You might end up with the fastest build on here...

Looking good!! Where's Mr Lego for the frame

Can't get the photo with Lego man til I get out there on the weekend! I only see it after dark during the week thanks to work. Got this taken for me!
What great progress klea. At this rate you will have trusses by the end of tomorrow ready for fascia, gutters and roofing next week.
Go Lego man!!!!!
HENRY
What great progress klea. At this rate you will have trusses by the end of tomorrow ready for fascia, gutters and roofing next week.
Go Lego man!!!!!

Half the roof trusses went up today too! Will take pic on Saturday!
Our site supervisor advised us if we wanted to change anything or add anything during the build he would put us in touch with the different trades as if he got involved there would be the variation charges - maybe an option for you???

dougang287
Our site supervisor advised us if we wanted to change anything or add anything during the build he would put us in touch with the different trades as if he got involved there would be the variation charges - maybe an option for you???

Thanks Dougang. Unfortunately my first two requests to do with moving the hot water system and db were a no, and so they have gone ahead now and poured the slab for the hw system. I wanted to swap the db to the garage wall (opposite side of house) but when I couldn't get that I asked to shift it slightly on the wall it's going on (will talk to electrician about that when I meet them). After all with electrical plans they're fairly diagrammatic. My sales consultant said the position was approximate and Clipsal said it's pretty loose as it's a symbol on a plan.
To swapping out my rangehood I got told no (and for modifying an overhead cupboard). They have a lot of time before those were needed on site and they admitted it would be better for the cabinet maker to make them all together but I still got a no. So I'm going to retrofit a cabinet after handover

I was even happy to pay a variation fee but they just didn't want to change the drawings.
Week 2: frame including roof all done in a day and a half.
Awesome, great to see a build going super fast!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Wow so awesome to see the progress

Following on!! It's all happening fast. Love the selections. It's a bit sad that they won't budge on a variation but keep up the good work can't wait to see the rest come together.
I love him!! Mr Lego man XD You even got timber for him!!

Wow, your build is going great guns. Shame they won't let you do any changes
Yes!!! Your lego man is the bomb!! I love him!!

Can't believe a day and a half, holy moly they put my trades to shame

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
klea
Now for some hopefully helpful info for builds in seq/going through varsity lakes mychoice centre.

Ceasarstone ranges:
Standard as of dec 16 was:
Linen, Urban, Walnut, osprey, ice snow, nougat, almond rocca, night sky, ivory

Standard as of now: linen, walnut, nougat, almond Rocca, night sky, ivory

But for a little while in the transition period they will let you pick the other colours that were upgraded at no extra charge.

Urban, ice snow and osprey have been upgraded to deluxe.

I got quoted on the day to upgrade my 4sqm of 20mm ceasarstone to Oyster in the deluxe range which was $587.

I also found out that Georgian bluffs and Bianco drift that I had my eye on are in the supernatural range and that was astronomically higher in price. In the order of $3200 to upgrade for the same bench!

Hopefully some of the pics I took of the ceasarstone wall are clear enough to see some of the range or you might recognise a colour you're interested in!

Thank you so much for doing this! I can't wait for our colour appointment and this was all so helpful ☺

Do you know how much it was to upgrade your garage door to the wood look Knotwood range? We are thinking of doing Tassie Oak... if budget allows ☺

StephLee
klea
Now for some hopefully helpful info for builds in seq/going through varsity lakes mychoice centre.

Ceasarstone ranges:

But for a little while in the transition period they will let you pick the other colours that were upgraded at no extra charge.

I got quoted on the day to upgrade my 4sqm of 20mm ceasarstone to Oyster in the deluxe range which was $587.

I also found out that Georgian bluffs and Bianco drift that I had my eye on are in the supernatural range and that was astronomically higher in price. In the order of $3200 to upgrade for the same bench!

Hopefully some of the pics I took of the ceasarstone wall are clear enough to see some of the range or you might recognise a colour you're interested in!

Thank you so much for doing this! I can't wait for our colour appointment and this was all so helpful ☺

Do you know how much it was to upgrade your garage door to the wood look Knotwood range? We are thinking of doing Tassie Oak... if budget allows ☺

Never mind I just saw the price on page 1
following along! Loving your choices so far, super similar to what mine will be!

Wow we are getting urban can't believe it's an upgrade

StephLee
StephLee
klea

Ceasarstone ranges:

Never mind I just saw the price on page 1
following along! Loving your choices so far, super similar to what mine will be!

Hey StephLee glad you found the info - I haven't been on for a couple of weeks. The garage door was one of the more expensive upgrades but everytime I drive past a house with it Im really glad I chose it.
Week 3 and 4 "Hat is on"
Gutters, roof sheeting and thermoseal wrap went up.
Yay for a roof!! Looks great.
Here's some proper in-focus photos without lego-tradie.

Really happy with colorbond Wallaby. Is definitely a mid-grey. Looks very light in the overcast weather we've had but nice and grey on sunny days.

Front door. Not stained yet (will be a darker colour like merbau).

Noticed a number of rips/tears in the csr Bradford thermoseal. The tear beneath the word "homes" is about 50mm diameter. Not acceptable as this is the only moisture barrier for condensation to stop mould and mildew forming on the plasterboard inside the wall cavity and also preventing the frame from becoming damp and rotting. Asked site supervisor to make sure it is patched accordingly to csr's guidelines and got advice from the csr rep so will see what happens.

Met with electrician on site today. Really
nice company Brett Morgan Electrical from Caloundra. My lighting plan was mostly ok, just added some external power points that I'd been meaning to do and a couple of other small things.
Coming along so quickly, so exciting! Love your roof! Great eye for detail noticing the tear
I guess we have to be on it at all times !

Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum