Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Build SEQ - modified Grange 20

Page 3 of 15
What colour and brand is your laminate flooring Klea
shazz75
What colour and brand is your laminate flooring Klea

Hi shazz75,

The product is Wood Effects Luxury Vinyl planks. I went with Aspen Brown but they have quite a few nice colours!

I generally wouldn't go for a "timber-look" product and would've had real timber if I could afford it but I this is an extremely convincing product! They are at carpet call and I definitely recommend you go see it in person. Much nicer than some of the shiny/flat laminates and vinyls. It has a very similar texture to a timber board.
EXCITING NEWS!!!! 😁
Coral called today and I got a starting date!
22/5/17 so 2 weeks time!! This has all been quite fast.☺️
Congrats on getting your start date

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Congratulations on the start date

Congrats

Congrats on your start date that's fantastic!!

Congrats! Exciting times coming up
So my first run with coral at trying to get a variation or something swapped once you've be got a start date or are under construction. I need advice!!

I always planned to have an undermount kitchen rangehood so that the overhead cupboards would read as one.
This (or what H_Family_build have):

Not this:

In the rush of colour selection day I somehow missed that I had the standalone rangehood like the second image (and I'm kicking myself).

I got my start date a few days ago and realised this the very next day so contacted coral. Unfortunately my CSO replied that because I had a start date, everything has already been ordered and they can't do anything but I could talk to my supervisor to see if anything could be done. My thoughts:

A. coral never moves that quickly, so I doubt it was actually all ordered when I asked
B. It's a rangehood which is installed late in the build so surely they could order the new one, and eventually credit me back for the original and charge me for the new. They'd be able to return or use the original on another job. Also I'd even supply it myself so it's on site on time if that's what their concern is.

I thought it'd be straightforward to order and pay for a variation, given start date is a week and a half away (or even if they had started) there's plenty of time. Even coral said the extra cabinetry is no issue as it's all the same finish.

Any suggestions?
Anybody had things changed once on site? At the time I was getting a start date I asked about a couple of changes, (swap rangehood out for a undermount, shifting the db) but cso said i should wait until I talked to ss on site. Now build is about to start and I'm in contact with site supervisor and he forwarded my requests onto new cso who said "sorry you've now got a start date so we can't make any more changes". Hopefully if I rehash in person on site the SS can see if they can do anything to move the db.
Just frustrating when I was told it was better to wait and talk to site supervisor. If I'd known it'd be a flat "no more changes" I would have insisted on getting it sorted before start date was issued. They're currently doing a variation which my SS raised to change my termite system. Seems unfair that I can't raise a variation.
klea
Anybody had things changed once on site? At the time I was getting a start date I asked about a couple of changes, (swap rangehood out for a undermount, shifting the db) but cso said i should wait until I talked to ss on site. Now build is about to start and I'm in contact with site supervisor and he forwarded my requests onto new cso who said "sorry you've now got a start date so we can't make any more changes". Hopefully if I rehash in person on site the SS can see if they can do anything to move the db.
Just frustrating when I was told it was better to wait and talk to site supervisor. If I'd known it'd be a flat "no more changes" I would have insisted on getting it sorted before start date was issued. They're currently doing a variation which my SS raised to change my termite system. Seems unfair that I can't raise a variation.

They are just making it difficult for you, there is always time to change - it's your money!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85653&p=1642230#p1642230
Slab poured in first week of build and on a Saturday! Was pretty stoked it happened so quickly.

Congratulations! Love the pic hic LOL

Your trade is a spunk

Congrats on your slab

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
klea
Slab poured in first week of build and on a Saturday! Was pretty stoked it happened so quickly.

thats hilarious he would most definitely do a better job then most full size tradies

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke 26 weeks
Woo hoo congrats love yr tradie

Slab in the first week must be some sort of record?!?! Well done... just love your pic too!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Guys! The record breaking speed continues! Week 2 of build and frame is up!

You must be special!!!
You might end up with the fastest build on here...

Looking good!! Where's Mr Lego for the frame
Awesome progress!!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum