Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Build SEQ - modified Grange 20

Page 14 of 15
Hi Eight_3_home,
My supervisor didn't give me a copy of the QA audit or go through it or anything. It's definitely an internal report for Coral's records only. However he brought it up on his iPad while talking through everything at the practical completion walkthrough to basically show me they'd done it and I could see about 20-30 photos or so of defects as he scrolled quickly through it. All he said was "these are the things QA picked up" and that there was nothing "sinister" aka all minor defects and touchup work. He told me outright about the score but I think that was because he was a little pleased about it and it's nice to know they take pride in their work.
My mum's doing well thanks although did something yesterday that didn't agree so doc has ordered her back onto the strong pain killers.
Get the bubbles ready, KEYS AT 5PM TOMORROW!
klea
Hi Eight_3_home,
My supervisor didn't give me a copy of the QA audit or go through it or anything. It's definitely an internal report for Coral's records only. However he brought it up on his iPad while talking through everything at the practical completion walkthrough to basically show me they'd done it and I could see about 20-30 photos or so of defects as he scrolled quickly through it. All he said was "these are the things QA picked up" and that there was nothing "sinister" aka all minor defects and touchup work. He told me outright about the score but I think that was because he was a little pleased about it and it's nice to know they take pride in their work.
My mum's doing well thanks although did something yesterday that didn't agree so doc has ordered her back onto the strong pain killers.

Thanks for that. I was just curious. It's good to hear that you've had a relatively smooth ride, wish I could say the same.
If it helps with your under mount range hood enquiry, our cutout is 700w x 290d.
Mum definitely needs to take it easy! I can't imagine cracking ribs is in anyway comfortable, plenty of rest needed, perfect timing she can supervise your move without the lifting
Yay!! All the best for handover
You're build has been an amazing whirlwind to watch!! Hope ours goes as smoothly. Enjoy tomorrow!

Follow our Build:
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=85959
Oh Wow I cant believe its keys today and move in weekend already I feel like your build has moved fast. Haha love the drunk lego man.

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
Handover day!! Very exciting! Can't wait to see pics

bribiebell
Oh Wow I cant believe its keys today and move in weekend already I feel like your build has moved fast. Haha love the drunk lego man.

Moving in is still a couple of weekends away. Feels like there's a lot of work still to do in the fencing and landscaping which we are doing ourselves and getting the house ready with blinds and curtains. Still have to buy a fridge too! ☺️
And a final drama right before handover... my parents said to me today "were you getting a security screen on the laundry door?" To which I was like "is there not one?"
Nope! In the walkthrough I didn't even notice as a lot was going on. But no security screen has turned up. I went back to my tender letter and between TL1 and 2 (contract) it has disappeared. And I have an email specifically asking (among other things) for them to change the laundry screen from flyscreen to diamond grille screen before proceeding to contract and my sales consultant confirming he'd addressed all the items in my email.
So I didn't pay for it, but I didn't get it either.
Now to get a guy to come install a screen.. πŸ˜’ My sales guy seems to have gotten all muddled in the screen department.
Tracyt
You're build has been an amazing whirlwind to watch!! Hope ours goes as smoothly. Enjoy tomorrow!

Follow our Build:

This could be you in 5-6 weeks Tracy!
This kind of happened to me, but more my fault, I just assumed 'fly screens to all windows' meant fly screens to sliding doors as well. It didn't, so I have to arrange fly screens to my two sliding doors and a barrier door the front. Thankfully I have a friend who is a glazier, who will hopefully be doing them for cost price. Still waiting on the quote (Wynstan quoted me $2k for Crimsafe)
klea
Tracyt

Follow our Build:

This could be you in 5-6 weeks Tracy!
Omg I am freaking out. We are so not ready! Lol

Follow our Build:
How disappointing about the screen. There is so much to keep tabs on and remember. We missed a couple of mistakes in our electrical plan which was disappointing. We don't have an outdoor powerpoint now
Handover pictures tonight! Got the keys on sunset so got a couple of pictures in daylight then cracked some champagne and tested out all the lights at night. Really pleased with how bright it is with just one LED downlight in the centre of most rooms.

Master bedroom:

Ensuite

Walk in robe (the posts will come out, and aren't fixed - had to fight for that)

Garage:

Congratulations!!!
D Love your tile choices throughout, especially the splashback.

Hope you enjoy your lovely new home! Though I will miss the lego!
klea
And a final drama right before handover... my parents said to me today "were you getting a security screen on the laundry door?" To which I was like "is there not one?"
Nope! In the walkthrough I didn't even notice as a lot was going on. But no security screen has turned up. I went back to my tender letter and between TL1 and 2 (contract) it has disappeared. And I have an email specifically asking (among other things) for them to change the laundry screen from flyscreen to diamond grille screen before proceeding to contract and my sales consultant confirming he'd addressed all the items in my email.
So I didn't pay for it, but I didn't get it either.
Now to get a guy to come install a screen..
My sales guy seems to have gotten all muddled in the screen department.
No way what a balls up. Who would screen the whole house and not that one. The sc should have picked it up or the screen people should have asked and you may have done the extra with them. I mean it increases their own business! Anyway Ive lived with zero screens for 3 weeks now and its another 3 before we have them. Its not as bad as I thought and im starting to become 1 with the bugs and flys lol..... we all just live in harmony now

your home looks amazing klea
congrats on finally getting the keys.
Congrats on keys! Your home looks lovely!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Congrats Lea!!!!
Your house is gorgeous 😍
klea
Handover pictures tonight! Got the keys on sunset so got a couple of pictures in daylight then cracked some champagne and tested out all the lights a train night. Really pleased with how bright it is with just one LED downlight in the centre of most rooms.

Master bedroom:

Ensuite

Walk in robe (the posts will come out, and aren't fixed - had to fight for that)

Garage:

Congrats on your build - lovely! We are looking into Coral at the moment but we have a very fixed budget. Could you give a rough estimate of your total build cost? If you don't mind sharing of course! We want to know if it's going to be completely unreasonable or not as we are in love with the Grange 20 floor plan.
Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum