Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Build SEQ - modified Grange 20

Page 2 of 15
Tile selection today! Wanted large format (600x600) but realised the extra labour costs would be too much and coral don't do them for wall tiles.
Also wanted to get a 300x600 horizontally in the ensuite but the tile I liked the most didn't come in that format.

Chose a 450mm matte Nile sand on floor and wrapping up the back wall of the ensuite. White tiles on other walls. In the main bathroom the Nile sand floor tile will be next to the timber laminate throughout the house so have paired it with timber in the photo.

Yr tiles look lovely
great choice!

Here are the reference images for the sort of feel I am going for in the ensuite particularly. Natural stone look in a warm grey - very natural neutral pallette wrapping up the back wall.
Aiming to get some timber in there either using the laminate of the vanity or else with accessories.

BrownDog77
Yr tiles look lovely
great choice!

Thanks!!
And kitchen splashback wanted to go with something special. Originally liked beaumonts cherie tiles but at $300/sqm it meant the splashback was $1000 (and of course outside the builder's range so that's out of pocket).

Cherie:

In the end went with my backup splashback: sc ceramics infinity range, Grange (colour: cotton). I was interested in a pale blue splashback but the coloured tiles in this range were glazed/glossy. I loved the matte finish when seeing it in store.

Grange in cotton matte:

Other colours and styles in the Infinity range:

WOW klea . Very nice tile choices. I'm another one that loves matt tiles. That Grange in cotton matte will look stunning.
Had my finishes selection and Clipsal appointment on the weekend and made the most to get lots of info on upgrade pricing and pics of the showroom. Will gradually add/post here.

Had a lot of fun and really happy with my selections and upgrades! Can't wait for it to start on site now.
So exterior finishes! Walked into my consultation and it was all cylinders go! I had planned the majority of my selections prior to the appointment so felt like we flew through the selections.

I have the Ventura facade on my modified Grange.
Roof: colorbond wallaby
Main brick: PGH moon dust (absolutely love how this brick looks en masse with off white mortar - a warm grey)
Feature brick: PGH eclipse (just wanted a dark brick and had to stay with PGH)
Garage door: Knotwood in Seville profile, black walnut colour (looks like merbau)
Front door: 1200mm merbau stain
Render: to match colorbond gully
Weatherboards: Dulux white duck
I had a photoshopped image somewhere but can't find it. Oh well we can all use our imaginations:

Standard Ventura image

External finishes

Inside I wanted to achieve a reasonably neutral and natural palette, light with warm greys and timber.

Here are some of the reference images:

And swatches! (Wall colour is dulux whisper white which is a bit on the warmer side compared with lexicon or vivid white).

The timber laminate is fantastic (wood effects luxury laminate is far nicer in my opinion to the standard and was $30 total to change to for the entire house). It can be steam mopped! Carpet is lighter than appears here and in bedrooms. Bathroom tile shown right.
klea
Miniature models of bathtub options at Varsity Lakes showroom March 2017.

is that what they were? i saw those shelves while down there the other week and thought it was odd that they had ornamental dishes on display!
spaceboi
klea
Miniature models of bathtub options at Varsity Lakes showroom March 2017.

is that what they were? i saw those shelves while down there the other week and thought it was odd that they had ornamental dishes on display!

😂 Haha. They'd make a flashy bath for a dollhouse though.
Love your selections very sim to ours so it will be great to watch it come alive

Love your selections!! Can't wait to see them come to life

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Very nice klea. Love your inspiration pics. Your home will look stunning.
Thanks everyone!
Now for some hopefully helpful info for builds in seq/going through varsity lakes mychoice centre.

Ceasarstone ranges:
Standard as of dec 16 was:
Linen, Urban, Walnut, osprey, ice snow, nougat, almond rocca, night sky, ivory

Standard as of now: linen, walnut, nougat, almond Rocca, night sky, ivory

But for a little while in the transition period they will let you pick the other colours that were upgraded at no extra charge.

Urban, ice snow and osprey have been upgraded to deluxe.

I got quoted on the day to upgrade my 4sqm of 20mm ceasarstone to Oyster in the deluxe range which was $587.

I also found out that Georgian bluffs and Bianco drift that I had my eye on are in the supernatural range and that was astronomically higher in price. In the order of $3200 to upgrade for the same bench!

Hopefully some of the pics I took of the ceasarstone wall are clear enough to see some of the range or you might recognise a colour you're interested in!

Here is the austral bricks wall at varsity lakes. Should be clear enough to zoom in and see what ranges they are.

Thanks for this pics klea! I wonder if Hallmark are the same - we are building with them now after ditching Coral....

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Bridgetwitch
Thanks for this pics klea! I wonder if Hallmark are the same - we are building with them now after ditching Coral....

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

Well I don't know what hallmark have these days but I've only heard good things and their standard lighting should be better than Coral's. 3-4 years ago their standard lights were downlights. Coral's are batten holders so you literally have a lightbulb sticking down from the ceiling unless you go buy light shades or upgrade to something else!
PGH brick range.

It was $457 to upgrade to moon dust which is a range A brick based on grange 20. (Feature column at the front was a standard brick).
$357 for off white mortar everywhere.

Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum