Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Build SEQ - modified Grange 20

Page 6 of 15
Ooh I love your bricks! They're gorgeous! They've done a great job blending them too.

Bricks look fantastic

Week 6: plasterboard and cove cornice went in. Bricks finished.
Kitchen.. apparently the cabinetry is running late but will be here next week anyway!

Tiling and weatherboards to go in this week so will post photos on the weekend!
klea
Week 6: plasterboard and cove cornice went in. Bricks finished.
Kitchen.. apparently the cabinetry is running late but will be here next week anyway!

Tiling and weatherboards to go in this week so will post photos on the weekend!

Omg it is happening so fast!! Looks great!
We are building the Grange 25. Our land doesn't settle until the end of the year. Love following your build. Looks great.
Good work!!!

Looking good klea.

Bring on the second fix and the cabinetry.
Week 7 saw the last of the external linings installed. Now into week 8 and I believe the rendering happened today.

Tiling might be this week and kitchen is due tomorrow... 😄🤞

We went out on the weekend to purchase all the owner supplied lights and had a very successful trip.

Was almost resigned to buy pendants for over kitchen island bench online and then found exactly the same at pillowtalk of all places for $29 each. A steal really when I was braced for $100 per fitting.

Was meant to have oysters over living and dining but I really don't like them but found spotlight bars which I really like. Will complement with floor lamps.

Downlights (to buy) $20 each from cetnaj. Was going to get the ones that allow you to double switch to change colour but settled for saving money to get lights that still allow changes just has to be done in the ceiling (we're not going to change them ever but at least we have the option.).

Love the pendants and what a bargin!!

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
Your home is looking lovely... and I never knew pillow talk sold lighting - great buy!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
by buying the downlights yourself did that save money with coral installing them thanks we have about 40 downlights to be installed into house
love your pendant lights
aden
by buying the downlights yourself did that save money with coral installing them thanks we have about 40 downlights to be installed into house

Hi aden

I've been trying to find the original coral prices. The issue for me was the standard coral lights were batten holders so lightbulbs protruding from the ceiling. They were $55 (install and supply I think).
To get coral to supply led downlights and install them I think was $90-$110 each. I elected to supply them myself and coral charged me an extra $9 (not sure on this without checking back) per light on top of the batten $55 cost that was already in there. Then I went and got downlights for $20 each from a lighting store.
From what I can tell from my electrician now it's $22 to install an extra downlight and I paid $20 each for them so $42 to add now on site. Bmec electrical also handle the paperwork themselves so it doesn't have to go back through coral saving a variation.
thank you . asking coral for just pendants owner supplied over the kitchen islands both ones and thinking just battens for the kids rooms.
aden
thank you . asking coral for just pendants owner supplied over the kitchen islands both ones and thinking just battens for the kids rooms.

With that, coral has a mark up on their prices so you can always go less lights than you want in your clipsal appt and then your electrician typically goes through it all again with you on site and he said to me it's much cheaper to add in with them at their charge rates than with corals markup. If you take out lights at that stage you get very little back.
klea
aden

With that, coral has a mark up on their prices so you can always go less lights than you want in your clipsal appt and then your electrician typically goes through it all again with you on site and he said to me it's much cheaper to add in with them at their charge rates than with corals markup. If you take out lights at that stage you get very little back.

Also will add if you get batten holders you should only need one in the centre of the rooms (especially bedrooms if theyre sort of 3x3, 4x4m) and can buy a shade to go over it. This can also be swapped out in future for a ceiling fan or other central light. If you go downlights you may need two to get enough light and that's more money.
I went with only a single light in each room thinking I could get compact fluoro downlights but the lighting stores have ceased making or stocking them. And leds aren't as bright without paying a bit more. So I figure bedrooms the light can be supplemented by bedside lamps, bathrooms are small and I upgraded to a stronger led and heat lamp in the ensuite, and living and dining I elected to change to oyster lights on site with the electrician. That was a small additional fee for install as they need to put noggings in the ceiling. I ended up getting the spotlight bars which was ok with electrician and very happy with them!
I spy joinery!! Late night peak at what they've been up to!
Your house is looking fantastic! We are 3 weeks behind you, so I am watching your build like a hawk so I can see what is coming up with ours
Tamara1975
Your house is looking fantastic! We are 3 weeks behind you, so I am watching your build like a hawk so I can see what is coming up with ours

Good idea!! You me and tracyt must all be 3-4 weeks apart! My kitchen was a week late apparently so good news for you it might only be 2 weeks away!
klea
Tamara1975

Good idea!! You me and Tracyt must all be 3-4 weeks apart! My kitchen was a week late apparently so good news for you it might only be 2 weeks away!

Oh yay! I am super nervous to see our kitchen. I was adventurous with the kitchen colours. It looked great in the digital mock up but I am now nervous that it won't look so great in real life lol.
Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum