Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR - SE Melb - Simonds Flinders - Settlement! WE ARE IN!!!

Page 32 of 35
Bri1234
Waiting to hear from SS about a time for Monday to meet and sign off on PCI.
All being well with that we have settlement Tuesday.

That's great news!! Not long to go now

Typical that the valuer only took 2 mins, I think all they do is make sure the house has actually been built haha they don't actually provide a value to the bank....or so I'm told....

Hope your SS has agreed to fix up the additional items you find after PCI.
I didn't hear from SS this afternoon so I'm still hoping that we'll be meeting on Monday, otherwise we'll have to push settlement back. As long as it happens next week because I have window coverings booked to be installed the following Monday.

Yeah the valuer said that, she just had to walk through and take some photo's for proof.
PCI signed off on this morning. Spent a good bit of time with the SS. Good guy. Painter and sealer guys were there too so we got to see them doing some last minute things.

Settlement tomorrow morning!! Woohoo!! Strangely we are nervous lol

No gas line as yet. Fingers and toes are crossed for this week.
Bri1234
PCI signed off on this morning. Spent a good bit of time with the SS. Good guy. Painter and sealer guys were there too so we got to see them doing some last minute things.

Yayy!! Congratulations Bri!! That's fantastic! (except for the gas line of course)

Enjoy settlement tomorrow and your new home, it's a very exciting time!
congrats!
Bri1234

CONGRATULATIONS! 🍾🥂🍾🥂

How thrilling to finally reach this milestone in the building of your home.

One little step tomorrow is to get the keys and walk into the house knowing that you can lock the doors and have the keys to get back in to see the new progress of filling in with love, light, laughter and most importantly your family❤️❤️❤️❤️
Bri1234

Perfect timing and then u have a holiday on Wednesday- congratulations and enjoy your new house- it’s looking very nice
Rachael13
Bri1234

CONGRATULATIONS! 🍾🥂🍾🥂

How thrilling to finally reach this milestone in the building of your home.

One little step tomorrow is to get the keys and walk into the house knowing that you can lock the doors and have the keys to get back in to see the new progress of filling in with love, light, laughter and most importantly your family❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thanks. It's going to be very strange being able to unlock and lock the doors ourselves after all this time, lol
Thanks everyone. It's very exciting after all this time.
Not sure how much we'll do over the next few days. The blinds aren't due to be installed until Monday. So I've booked other deliveries for Monday as well.
Once the gas line and meter go in we'll be able to make firmer plans. We haven't decided if we should move in before or after the driveway, that will depend on the gas line and the concreters time.
Settlement done!!

Simonds Gift

Checked all the keys. Worked out the alarm and set that and that is pretty much it for the moment.
We noticed some things that didn't get rectified but they are things that can go on to the maintenance list.

Gas line is in, woohoo. Just waiting for the meter now. There was a chance that that would go in today as well but not looking good so far. But the line was the bigger thing.

Called the concreter to book the driveway but he's at a funeral so I'll try again later.

Popped in to the real estate and gave our notice.
Congratulation Bri1234. so good to see another member of H1 got house keys!
enjoy your new home.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
Bri1234
Settlement done!!

Simonds Gift

Checked all the keys. Worked out the alarm and set that and that is pretty much it for the moment.
We noticed some things that didn't get rectified but they are things that can go on to the maintenance list.

Gas line is in, woohoo. Just waiting for the meter now. There was a chance that that would go in today as well but not looking good so far. But the line was the bigger thing.

Called the concreter to book the driveway but he's at a funeral so I'll try again later.

Yay! Fantastic Bri!
Congratulations! Enjoy your new home
smithfamily
Bri1234
Settlement done!!

Simonds Gift

Yay! Fantastic Bri!
Congratulations! Enjoy your new home

Oh wow!!! That’s amazing. Woo hoo!!!

Bri1234
Settlement done!!

Simonds Gift

Nice! Simonds have got some nice goodies - we got coasters with Simonds stamped all over them and some stemless wine glasses again with Simonds on them.

Great to see that you got the gas line in - I'm hoping that today you got a meter.
Rachael13
Nice! Simonds have got some nice goodies - we got coasters with Simonds stamped all over them and some stemless wine glasses again with Simonds on them.

Great to see that you got the gas line in - I'm hoping that today you got a meter.

oh lol, sounds like they've improved their gifts. This pack is very nice.

Meter went in the same afternoon as the gas line (Tuesday). That was very unexpected.

The driveway will hopefully be done next week. Waiting to hear if it will be early or later in the week.

Blinds go in on Monday, couches and mattresses will also be delivered.

Stegbar turned up earlier than expected this morning and set the alarm off, oops.
Congrats!
Looking at the past issues you have. Like not able to get permit due to rear setback..
In the end all turn up well and the build is fast too especially it go through xmas and new years break.

Could you share the demolition co. you use?

Thanks.
So exciting!! Congrats!!

MyFirst
Congrats!
Looking at the past issues you have. Like not able to get permit due to rear setback..
In the end all turn up well and the build is fast too especially it go through xmas and new years break.

Could you share the demolition co. you use?

Thanks.

Thanks. Yeah that all seems like so long ago now, lol

Sent you a PM
So we haven't moved in yet, we don't have the hot water etc done yet because we waited so long for the gas meter. But was up there this afternoon and got stopped by one of the neighbours (I hadn't met before). Turns out he'd heard some noise yesterday late afternoon, looked out and saw a car full of men stopped at our house. One had gotten out and went through our side gate in to the back yard. He called the police but thinks they saw him and it scared them off. Now I'm stressed out.
Bri1234
So we haven't moved in yet, we don't have the hot water etc done yet because we waited so long for the gas meter. But was up there this afternoon and got stopped by one of the neighbours (I hadn't met before). Turns out he'd heard some noise yesterday late afternoon, looked out and saw a car full of men stopped at our house. One had gotten out and went through our side gate in to the back yard. He called the police but thinks they saw him and it scared them off. Now I'm stressed out.

Wow, Probably you should leave a light on for night time, something not too obvious that people know you are not at home and just pretending to leave the light on.
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum