Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR - SE Melb - Simonds Flinders - Settlement! WE ARE IN!!!

Page 21 of 35
ooooohhhhhh someone has been working on site all day and is stilllllllllll there. So no chance to look inside today. Hopefully tomorrow. I can see the the architraves in the garage look done and the proper front door is on.
No one on site this morning. They have locked me out!!!! But someone so kindly left a sliding door unlocked (o;
There was a window open but I don't think I'm up to climbing through that, lol

Looks like for the most part the architraves and cornices are done. Skirts not all in yet. Most of the doors are in.

Might pop back later because I thought of a couple of things that I wanted to check.

Loving the front door and doors to main bedroom
OMG linen cupboard. It's like 5 times the size of what we are currently using.

Bri1234
No one on site this morning. They have locked me out!!!! But someone so kindly left a sliding door unlocked (o;
There was a window open but I don't think I'm up to climbing through that, lol

Looks like for the most part the architraves and cornices are done. Skirts not all in yet. Most of the doors are in.

Might pop back later because I thought of a couple of things that I wanted to check.

Loving the front door and doors to main bedroom
OMG linen cupboard. It's like 5 times the size of what we are currently using.

Looking awesome Bri!!

Question about your front door and side of front door windows. Did you have to ask for them to be frosted?
Ours are clear, along with our bathroom windows.....and I'm trying to work out if it was missed by me (probably) or not...
I’m pretty sure we chose those options at gallery. We frosted the front door, the side panels, bathroom, ensuite and both toilet windows. It cost extra.

It does seem like it depends who you get to what choices you find out about.
Bri1234
I’m pretty sure we chose those options at gallery. We frosted the front door, the side panels, bathroom, ensuite and both toilet windows. It cost extra.

It does seem like it depends who you get to what choices you find out about.

Yep, we didn't even get a choice...which I'm not a little annoyed about as I'm going to have to frost them somehow....
That’s annoying. They should have at least asked you about bathroom windows for privacy.

Our gallery person was great. She told us about options we never would have considered.
Kind of made up for our less than great CRC
Bri1234
That’s annoying. They should have at least asked you about bathroom windows for privacy.

Our gallery person was great. She told us about options we never would have considered.
Kind of made up for our less than great CRC

Yep they should have....can't do much about it now though

Haha it's a shame that with the amount of money we're paying these people that their service isn't 100% across all departments!
smithfamily

Haha it's a shame that with the amount of money we're paying these people that their service isn't 100% across all departments!

You can have a frosting adhesive applied. We're with Metricon but they suggested we do it ourselves as its much cheaper.
Save
blackcat20
smithfamily

You can have a frosting adhesive applied. We're with Metricon but they suggested we do it ourselves as its much cheaper.
Save

I had looked into that and I think that's what we will end up doing.
Hoping that it will look just a nice.
Just flicked through my papers to see how much we paid. Yep not cheap, lol. But then if we'd left it knowing us we might not have ever gotten around to doing it.
Bri1234
Just flicked through my papers to see how much we paid. Yep not cheap, lol. But then if we'd left it knowing us we might not have ever gotten around to doing it.

That's my worry....so will jump on the adhesive asap
They've full on locked up, lol. I can't get in. )o: booooooo

Workers were there all day today. Front what I can see through the windows, looks like skirting might be finished now and plaster is looking good.
One thing bugging me, there is still some cladding missing from the front. Wish they'd finished that, lol.
Found the gates wide open again this morning so popped in. Found a sliding door unlocked

Shower bases are in. Will measure them tomorrow when we do our walk through with the SS.
Power point and light switch etc holes cut. They made a whoopsie in the garage.
Lot's of holes in the ceiling in the kitchen/lounge/dining and Pool room for downlights.

Had our walk through with SS this morning. Went well. Looking good.
He asked us about the down pipe at the front and wasn't surprised when I said I hated it. He's going to get it moved, Yay.

The painters are prepping inside, woohoo. And he's told us to book our PI waterproofing inspection for next week.
We'll meet with SS again in a couple of weeks to once the tiles are on site to approve them.

Hubby did notice something about the either ceiling or window in the ensuite toilet was crooked. SS will look in to that.

The down pipes will be attached soon and then the site cleaned up. Once that is done we are all good to go ahead with fencing. Time to get cracking on that. Any fencing business recommendations welcome!

Oh we met the new site manager. He was a bit gruff but ok. He asked us about the nature strip. We didn't realise we were responsible for keeping that tidy. I'm sure I asked the CRC about that. So that has now been added to our to do list.

In all the chatter I forgot to take any photo's, lol
Bri1234
He asked us about the down pipe at the front and wasn't surprised when I said I hated it. He's going to get it moved, Yay.

The painters are prepping inside, woohoo. And he's told us to book our PI waterproofing inspection for next week.
We'll meet with SS again in a couple of weeks to once the tiles are on site to approve them.

Hubby did notice something about the either ceiling or window in the ensuite toilet was crooked. SS will look in to that.

The down pipes will be attached soon and then the site cleaned up. Once that is done we are all good to go ahead with fencing. Time to get cracking on that. Any fencing business recommendations welcome!

Oh we met the new site manager. He was a bit gruff but ok. He asked us about the nature strip. We didn't realise we were responsible for keeping that tidy. I'm sure I asked the CRC about that. So that has now been added to our to do list.

Well if the SS moves the Downpipe that is good
Bri1234

Great to hear things are moving along nicely!
And moving the downpipe is great news!!

Which area of SE Melb are you for fencing recommendations?
I've just received 4 quotes, 2 of which come recommended. Am now awaiting neighbours approval.....
smithfamily
Great to hear things are moving along nicely!
And moving the downpipe is great news!!

Which area of SE Melb are you for fencing recommendations?
I've just received 4 quotes, 2 of which come recommended. Am now awaiting neighbours approval.....

Oh recommendations would be great. I'll PM you.

Hope things work out with your neighbours. We're on a corner. We need to do the front and street side ourselves. The fence between one neighbour is still up but just. They are on board with replacing it. I got some basic quotes prior to starting all this and they were happy with the numbers. The other fence could be replaced but isn't too bad and we don't think the neighbour would want to replace it just yet. We plan to put some latice or something to make it a bit higher and more private and paint our side.
And within a few hours or leaving there we have a garage door, lol. They don't mess about.

The painters worked away for a while this afternoon. I can see they have started covering windows. Wow.

Oh you can see that the garage door is not centered. That is because we extended the garage out a bit to make a workshop space. DH works for a laser cutting place, the plan is for him to cut a decorative screen that we can put on that brick front of the garage.
Had a funeral today so didn't really think too much about the house. We did notice painters on site as we went past this morning and then back this afternoon the plastic was down off the windows so we're guessing they painted inside. Outside still to be done.
Wet sealing was supposed to be done today too.
Received an email from PI to confirm inspection on Monday. Lockup and fixing inspections (including wet sealing) to be done at the same time. Fixing won't be complete yet but we want a tick off on the wet seal so that the tilers aren't held up.

Will try to pop in tomorrow morning and see if I can get some pics.
On the way to the shops hubby spotted this.........

Which of course had us curious so on his way back home he stopped and had a look........

Cabinetry delivered, woohoo!!!!!

Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum