Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR - SE Melb - Simonds Flinders - Settlement! WE ARE IN!!!

Page 13 of 35
Wasn't expecting anything to be happening on site today but drove past and saw a bobcat level excess dirt around the slab. Looks much neater now, lol
Bri1234
Wasn't expecting anything to be happening on site today but drove past and saw a bobcat level excess dirt around the slab. Looks much neater now, lol

Well just from site - our lot and another sims lot had plumbing yesterday - our lot is sitting idle and Simonds are preparing for slab pour
pEast
Bri1234

Well just from site - our lot and another sims lot had plumbing yesterday - our lot is sitting idle and Simonds are preparing for slab pour

I wonder if they are Simonds Express? Ours isn't.
Anyone know what the step up is about to the garage etc?

Ezza78

Where is it marked on your plans?

I have for example -
135mm step down to porch and alfresco. So as we come out those doors we step down.

Does this help?
Ezza78

For Vot 37 and u can check page 3 of ur drawings - in garage it is written - 86mm stepdown and for porch - 172 mm and Alresco - 172mm
Frames have been delivered

Wow this is going to go up really quickly with prefab frames.

Also with the rain you can see where levelling will be required before flooring

Nice progress YAY!!!!
Rachael13
Wow this is going to go up really quickly with prefab frames.

Also with the rain you can see where levelling will be required before flooring

Nice progress YAY!!!!

Didn't realise they'd be prefab. As long as they are right it should go up fast. We're only doing a single story too so won't take long.

I didn't think to check out the slab for water this morning. Wish I had.

Your trusses all up?
Yay Bri. Flying along. We will have to wait a while for framing to start

Hopefully yours starts next week.

I drove past the site at lunch time (on the way to the shops the more direct route currently has road works so its faster to go past the site instead, lol) and there was nothing happening. Shame about todays crappy weather.

Received our "Slab Down" invoice today.
Roof trusses delivered this morning. Otherwise the site is quiet.

Got a call from our private inspectors. They’ve been in contact with SS and have planned slab and frame inspection for a week Monday.
Wowsers! That is quick. We have to wait 3 weeks for a frame to start

Ezza78

Why Ezza and who told that u have wait 3 weeks for framers to start - any reason given
Ezza78

Your building a double story aren’t you Ezza?
I wonder if that’s the reason because ours is only single story.
Yeah it’s something to do with our facade too, need different roof trusses which aren’t available. Plus a framer who is on leave

Ezza78
Yeah it’s something to do with our facade too, need different roof trusses which aren’t available. Plus a framer who is on leave

Oh ok. That’s a shame. But when it happens it will be worth the wait.

I’m looking forward to framing to get a better idea of the size.
Holy moly - that's quick, and at the same time wonderful for your inspectors to be in touch with your SS.

I'm so happy for you that things are moving along.

Just remember that the framing makes things look smaller for some strange reason
The website had completion of frame for 21st but Inspector was talking to SS and they agreed on the following Monday for inspection.

That’s what I love about this site. People passing on info and advice. I know not to panic when we go in at framing. I’ll take a measuring tape with me too.
Bri1234
The website had completion of frame for 21st but Inspector was talking to SS and they agreed on the following Monday for inspection.

That’s what I love about this site. People passing on info and advice. I know not to panic when we go in at framing. I’ll take a measuring tape with me too.

Well have a nice weekend and then busy with frame part
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum