Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home - New Generation Homes or Homegroup WA

Page 1 of 1
Hi all. I am new to Homeone. Just wondering if anyone in Perth has just recently build with New Generation Homes and Homegroup WA. We've been looking for a good builder and now needing help with your comments and suggestions or experiences with the 2 mentioned builders. Thanks in advance.
Hi Jaycee24

We are currently building with homegroup and so far had a great experience, only a couple little niggles not nothing major.
New gen was our other choice too but I preferred a design with homegroup that I seen 4 years ago and couldn't get it out of my head.
Good luck

Thanks Hally72. May I know what design was it? I've been hearing good and bad stuff about HGWA and really appreciate sharing your experience with them. Do you have your construction journey that I can follow? Thanks again.
JayCee24
Thanks Hally72. May I know what design was it? I've been hearing good and bad stuff about HGWA and really appreciate sharing your experience with them. Do you have your construction journey that I can follow? Thanks again.

We have built the Bellevue it's an old design, I haven't done a construction journey.
The only down fall we have found is that the admin process was long it took 6 months but they was honest at the beginning about the time frame.
Our slab went down beg of dec 2016 and we are about 4-5 weeks away from PCI.

There's a FB group dedicated to negative building experiences which I joined while researching builders before starting this build and HGWA came up in there a lot before I left the group a couple months back. Maybe worth a look? I do know a family friend who built with HGWA on their third build and said it was the worst experience they've had building but I've got no first hand experience myself, we built with Affordable Living first time around who I wasn't a fan of and we're building with one of Ventura's off shoots this time and have had an excellent experience to date.

Follow our build with Express Two Storey (Ventura Group): http://tinyurl.com/jlykgph
Hally72
JayCee24

We have built the Bellevue it's an old design, I haven't done a construction journey.
The only down fall we have found is that the admin process was long it took 6 months but they was honest at the beginning about the time frame.

Wow congratulations! How exciting it is. Nice design, had to search it on google. Thanks and all the best on your new home.
mrsdoe
There's a FB group dedicated to negative building experiences which I joined while researching builders before starting this build and HGWA came up in there a lot before I left the group a couple months back. Maybe worth a look? I do know a family friend who built with HGWA on their third build and said it was the worst experience they've had building but I've got no first hand experience myself, we built with Affordable Living first time around who I wasn't a fan of and we're building with one of Ventura's off shoots this time and have had an excellent experience to date.

Follow our build with Express Two Storey (Ventura Group): http://tinyurl.com/jlykgph

Thank you mrsdoe. I tried to search the group but not sure if that's the one. Just awaiting to be accepted my intention to join in.
JayCee24
Hally72
JayCee24

Wow congratulations! How exciting it is. Nice design, had to search it on google. Thanks and all the best on your new home.

Thanks
it's going well so far

Hi JayCee24!

I originally was going to build with New Gen and even paid the $2k for surveying. However I wasn't happy with the design and the fact that they went $20k over my budget. So I switched to HGWA.

Currently the slab is down and the bricks are going to be delivered this Friday. I haven't had any problems with them so far, in fact I find them very professional and communicate well.
I used to be a member of the group that MrsDoe has spoken about. I found them very negative and I had to remove myself from there because it made me anxious and I started second guessing myself about my decisions! The creators of the group had a very unfortunate experience with HGWA but having said that I also have friends that have built with higher end builders that had issues with their build. One had to have a whole wall smashed down and rebuilt!

At the end of the day you need to find a good salesman with a design acumen, keep the builders accountable by visiting the site frequently and if you don't know anything about building, employ a building inspector (which is what I'm doing!) Good luck and if you need any help give me a hoy!!
jenza20
Hi JayCee24!

I originally was going to build with New Gen and even paid the $2k for surveying. However I wasn't happy with the design and the fact that they went $20k over my budget. So I switched to HGWA.

Currently the slab is down and the bricks are going to be delivered this Friday. I haven't had any problems with them so far, in fact I find them very professional and communicate well.
I used to be a member of the group that MrsDoe has spoken about. I found them very negative and I had to remove myself from there because it made me anxious and I started second guessing myself about my decisions! The creators of the group had a very unfortunate experience with HGWA but having said that I also have friends that have built with higher end builders that had issues with their build. One had to have a whole wall smashed down and rebuilt!

At the end of the day you need to find a good salesman with a design acumen, keep the builders accountable by visiting the site frequently and if you don't know anything about building, employ a building inspector (which is what I'm doing!) Good luck and if you need any help give me a hoy!!

Thanks jenza20 for the information. Well noted and will follow your building journey.
Yeyyy. Just signed PPA with NewGen. So happy with the design and inclusions with the surprisingly less than what we expected total package price.

Just an update, having issues so might change builder.

Oh no
what happened?
Oh that's not good, I have just got my keys for homegroup Wa build last Thursday and I'm very happy

Related
10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

28/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Looks promising! Hope the weather holds for you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum