Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Building Journey - Coral Homes - Noosa 25MKII

Page 1 of 1
Prior to purchasing a block of land, we decided to pick the house plan that is going to work with our lifestyle, our budget and our block of land.

The first thing that drew us to the Noosa 25MKII is that the Master Bedroom is located at the back adjacent to bedroom 2. We liked the fact that when my partner and I decide to have kids one day bedroom 2 is near the master bedroom and not at the other end of the house. The outdoor living adjacent to the master bedroom is also a must have! Don't worry I put a set of double cavity sliding doors so no one can see you in the ensuite while you are doing your business! We also increased the master bedroom and walk in robe by 600mm (Length) to create a his and hers walk in robe.

We were contemplating on whether or not to delete the study nook adjacent to the master bedroom in order to have more space in the master bedroom. In the end we decided to keep the study nook because visually is looks better than having just a plasterboard wall/ hallway.

Our Site Plan

The standard plan and our plan are below.

The second thing that drew us to the Noosa 25MKII is that the Garage is able to be built to the boundary which maximises the living areas and give is more access down the left hand side of the house. We wanted this to also have as much natural light in our main living areas. Due to limited space in the yard constructing a large shed at the back is almost impossible to do so we increased the width of the garage by 600mm to accommodate 3500mm of extra linen/ storage/ broom closet. We also installed a 1200mm wide hinged door to the rear of the garage allowing us to have decent side access to the back so that machinery such as lawn mowers can easily fit through. We also opted to install a wall mounted instantaneous gas unit instead of having a massive hotwater system block side access to the backyard.

We also loved the fact that the entry way is quite open and it doesn't feel like your walking down a narrow corridor with bedrooms on the left and garage on the right.

In regards to the bedroom 4, we wanted a large study and I hated the fact that as soon as you open the door a massive robe would be in your face. So to eliminate that we decided to build a 1200mm wide robe under the eaves. Installing the robe under the eaves gave us an extra 600mm of space in the bedroom 4/ study. Doing this allowed us to increase the media room size by 300mm which is something that we really wanted.

The Media room:
We considered putting double cavity sliding doors to the media room because we were worried about the noise carrying on into the kitchen and family room. However we opted to keep it open because we didnt want our house to feel like your walking down a narrow corridor. To reduce the risk of the potential noise issue we decided to close of the the square set opening to the rear of the media room and we installed bradford 1.5R rated acoustic batts to the media room walls.

The heart of the home: The Kitchen, I could write a whole novel on this however I decided to leave that and I will do a whole new topic on this on another day. But for now, I will leave you with a few lines below

Unlike the old days, the kitchen is where everything happens. Its now a place of entertaining, everything happens there! We love the idea that the kitchen is overlooks the family room through to the side and rear yard.

(Alfresco 1- Adjacent dinning room)
We also installed a second living area adjacent to the bedroom. We added a 2100mm H x 2700mm W stacker sliding door to the dinning room, 9m of extra concrete and tile to this outdoor living. This addition will be enough to accommodate a three (3) piece outdoor set. It will also bring the outside back inside.

(Alfresco 2 - The main alfresco)

Due to the increase of the master bedroom, we also increased the length of the alfresco by 600mm towards the rear. To make the alfresco appear much larger than what it really is, we made sure that the concreting and tiling was built out to the end of the alfresco roof line.

Main Floor

We decided to have the same color tiles installed in the main living areas of the house and in the two (2) alfresco's this will make the house appear much larger than what it is.
Welcome to H1.

The Noosa is such a great versatile plan. It's a plan I absolutely love

Love the changes you have made, especially with putting the robe under the eaves, very good use of space

Following along

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Thank you. We are excited.🙂👍
Great idea putting wardrobe under eaves in bed 4. We are building the Noosa 26 and im not loving that room, the huge front window and the orginal placement of the wardrobe makes it a tricky bedroom. With 3 kids i need to use all the bedrooms but no one wants the front one! Great idea putting stacker door off dining. We put a standard sliding door there and its good but another stacker would have been great! Good luck with your build

We loved the Noosa 25 MKII the second we walked through it and your changes sound amazing! I am surprised we have the same block size but you get a pretty decent backyard by the look of the site plan. Almost makes us want to change our chosen design to this one.
Great to see your changes following along

Related
24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum