Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bristol (44sq) - Porter Davis Melbourne - New Build

Page 9 of 9
Hi Cathz where are you located?if you are around south east melbourne u can come and have a look at our house no problem
priya2015
Hi Cathz where are you located?if you are around south east melbourne u can come and have a look at our house no problem

Omg! That's so lovely of u. We are in Clyde nth. Would be lovely if we can have a look during this weekend. Thanks
oh we are in clyde north too.....in berwick waters.....u can come in tomorrow if u like......i will pm you my address
priya2015
oh we are in clyde north too.....in berwick waters.....u can come in tomorrow if u like......i will pm you my address

Many thanks Priya
no worries:)
So, we have been given an unrealistic PCI date of 20 Apr provided by the SS.

Let’s see what they still have to complete:

- Waterproofing in certain areas
- Tiling on all splash backs in kitchen, galley & bathrooms
- complete electrical & Argus fitout
- finish Garage - install roofing, plaster, and render walls, install garage door
- render downstairs
- commission heating and cooling system
- floorboards and carpet
- site cleaning and levelling

That’s just the stuff I know of. Plenty of other items which I can’t see. It’s so annoying to see absolutely no progress on site for weeks at a time, and yet they have the balls to commit to unrealistic deadlines...throws out any plans we need to make at work for planning our move and organising other trades

sinbox
So, we have been given an unrealistic PCI date of 20 Apr provided by the SS.

Let’s see what they still have to complete:

- Waterproofing in certain areas
- Tiling on all splash backs in kitchen, galley & bathrooms
- complete electrical & Argus fitout
- finish Garage - install roofing, plaster, and render walls, install garage door
- render downstairs
- commission heating and cooling system
- floorboards and carpet
- site cleaning and levelling

That’s just the stuff I know of. Plenty of other items which I can’t see. It’s so annoying to see absolutely no progress on site for weeks at a time, and yet they have the balls to commit to unrealistic deadlines...throws out any plans we need to make at work for planning our move and organising other trades

Yeah - would be a miracle
Still awaiting PCI inspection. Many things left to be completed yet. I’m trying hard not loosing my patience with the SS as there are few things I’ll need him and the Construction Manager to fix and make right for me. I have now been given a PCI date mid - late May.

sinbox
Still awaiting PCI inspection. Many things left to be completed yet. I’m trying hard not loosing my patience with the SS as there are few things I’ll need him and the Construction Manager to fix and make right for me. I have now been given a PCI date mid - late May.

I think it is taking time with almost all builders now - it’s just sometimes they get a trade earlier because he is available and then he mucks up for the trade and they go around - going by the list above around end of May looks more likely - hope that it turns to be a good PCI
Let there be light....

Still no firm date for PCI completion. Some miscellaneous items have been long due....

your house is looking beautiful....when are u getting the keys?
Hi Sinbox

Just wondering did you have your PCI or have you moved in
pEast
Hi Sinbox

I wish pEast....still awaiting PCI inspections. Have escalated to their CEO today - not expecting any miracles anytime soon. This company has no respect or morals left anymore.

The SS and CM are involved but don’t have any leverage over their trades to get things done.

sinbox
pEast
Hi Sinbox

I wish pEast....still awaiting PCI inspections. Have escalated to their CEO today - not expecting any miracles anytime soon. This company has no respect or morals left anymore.

The SS and CM are involved but don’t have any leverage over their trades to get things done.

I think this is becoming a common problem with trades getting away knowing they r in demand. I too have had a lot of issues at my end.
But the positive is your house is looking good and hope these small touch ups if that is the problem get sorted for you soon.
Hi Sinbox

Have you got the keys 🔐 to the house
Long time coming....won’t rant today, but happy to report today that we have finally received keys to our home!

sinbox
Long time coming....won’t rant today, but happy to report today that we have finally received keys to our home!

Wow - finally
Congrats ! Always a bitter sweet time when it comes to the end. No one ever said building a home was easy or fun.
You made it though. Enjoy

Congratulations on finally finishing your build. Did you buy that champagne or was that from Porter Davis? All we got were keys and a handshake on Friday

Those light fittings are from Lucretia lighting, if I'm not mistaken? Were you able to get them through PD?

PS: Sent you a PM from whirlpool
priya2015

Hi Priya2015 your house looks amazing, big congrats to you. Can you tell me what your wall tiles are in the kitchen backsplash....are they black or charcoal grey subway tiles? Interested to know what colour grout you used as well. 🤗
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum