Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henry's Build on the Gold Coast

Page 1 of 15
Hi everyone!

I have been using and reading this forum since 2009 when we built our last house in South Australia. We sold that house in December 2016 and moved to the Gold Coast to be closer to our Daughter and her family.

We put a deposit on a block in October 2016 and settled on it in January 2017.

This is our block in Coomera.

Build Timeline

1/10/16 holding deposit put down on block
8/10/16 contract signed for block
24/10/16 Visited NuTrend Quality Homes Display
1/12/16 Initial deposit paid to NuTrend
11/12/16 Contract signed
15/12/16 Land registered
12/1/17 Balance of deposit paid
27/1/17 Settlement on land
7/2/17 Colour Selections etc
3/3/17 Signed off on Selections etc

Week 1
20/3/17 Site to be cut - not done - too wet
21/3/17 Earthmoving equipment on site - still too wet
22/3/17 Site cut
24/3/17 Piers done
Week 2
Cyclone Debbie - wet week
Week 3
4/4/17 Plumbing done
6/4/17 Site prep for forming slab
6/4/17 Waffle pods arrived
7/4/17 Slab forming complete
Week 4
10/4/17 Slab poured
10/4/17 Frames arrived minus roof trusses - suppose to arrive on 12/4/17
13/4/17 Carpenters started frames and roof trusses
Week 5
18/4/17 Frames and Roof trusses completed
20/4/17 Fascia and gutters done
22/4/17 Roof blanket and roof done
Week 6
28/4/17 Plumbing and wrapping started
29/4/17 Plumbing and gas connection complete
Week 7
2/5/17 Electrical and air conditioning ducting complete
4/5/17 Front door delivered
5/5/17 Windows and sliding doors delivered
Week 8
9/5/17 Wrapping, windows and doors installed and battens put in ceiling ready for gyprock
9/5/17 Gyprock booked in for installation on Thursday 11/5/17
11/5/17 Gyprock arrived and termite barrier installed
12/5/17 Gyprock installed and bricking started
Week 9
17/5/17 Bricking complete, Gyprock flushing done and cornice installed
20/5/17 Gyprock sanded
Week 10
24/5/17 Waterproofing done and cabinetry arrived
28/5/17 Cabinetry installed
Week 11
30/5/17 Stone, basins and sinks installed
2/6/17 Garage door installed
Week 12
5/6/17
Week 13
13/6/17 Bulkhead built in ensuite
15/6/17 Second fix done inside
16/6/17 Meeting with tiler
17/6/17 Second fix completed outside
Week 14
21/6/17 Rendering started
22/6/17 Rendering completed
Week 15
26/6/17
28/6/17 Painter started prepping
Week 16
3/7/17 Painter nearly ready to start painting
7/7/17 Internal painting finished
Week 17
10/7/17 Electrical fitout complete and external paint ongoing
11/7/17 Driveway, porch, alfresco and aircon slab done.
12/7/17 Front door stained and exterior painting complete
13/7/17 Aircon installed
14/7/17 Plumbing started and soil for landscape on site
15/7/17 Cooktop installed
16/7/17 Vinyl flooring started
Week 18
17/7/17 Vinyl flooring complete
18/7/17 Carpet, air conditioning unit and instantaneous gas installed. Some tiling done but not yet complete
Week 19
24/7/17 Chalking, fly screens and gas connections done
Week 20
31/1/17 PCI done!
Week 21
8/8/17 Handover!!!
Hey Henry,

Following along. Who are you building with?
Cheers, Charli x

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Hello Henry,

Congratulations of your land purchase and your move. You won't know yourselves this winter being on the Gold Coast.

Have you had a chance to consider who you might build with?

Best of luck, I look forward to following along with your journey.

Thank you charlibear and Tibe7

Great news charlibear about your frames going up and congrats Tribe7 on your new land purchase. I have been watching lots of threads here. I have learnt a lot.

We went to Ormeau Ridge and looked at displays. Fell in love with Noosa 23 with Coral Homes. We paid our deposit in October 2016 just before the "Price Rise" on 24th October 2016. We went to Coral's Selection Centre on a Saturday to have a look and got a feel for our Elegance inclusions. We went back to Coral display home at Ormeau and spoke to Sales Consultant a couple of days later. We weren't happy with pricing versus inclusions. We decided to look around at other builders. We finally decided to build with NuTrend Quality Homes. They have a display home at Pacific Cove in Pimpama. We did receive our money back from Coral Homes but it did take a while.

Thank you kindly Henry, good on you for looking around and making a solid choice about Coral, we came to a similar conclusion. I don't know much about NuTrend Quality Homes, are you happy with them thus far??

Oh wow sign up, not long until site start??

Can I ask who you built with the first time in Adelaide?? I've followed quite a few Adelaide builds and always enjoyed them.

Tribe7
Thank you kindly Henry, good on you for looking around and making a solid choice about Coral, we came to a similar conclusion. I don't know much about NuTrend Quality Homes, are you happy with them thus far??

Oh wow sign up, not long until site start??

Can I ask who you built with the first time in Adelaide?? I've followed quite a few Adelaide builds and always enjoyed them.

Tribe7 we built with Dechellis Homes. Mario Dechellis is the owner and his family help run it. Italian Homes built with pride. They are more modern homes than Italian. You should check out their website

We are very happy with NuTrend. The sign has been up on the block since December 2016 after we signed our contract. Coming from SA the build process is sooo fast. Our slab was done yesterday. We have been pushed back a week or two because of Cyclone Debbie. I will try and put up our timeline from start to slab soon. I am finding my way around Tapatalk at the moment
Cheers

viewtopic.php?t=87365
Hi Henry!

Always keen to follow another build on the Goldie - welcome.
We paid our deposit with Coral Homes and the service was so bad, we decided to drop them! It's been about a month and we still don't have our part deposit (we got to contract stage too fast). We will be building with Hallmark now.
Do you have a floor plan we can check out?

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Hi Bridgetwitch

I think it took about a month to receive our deposit back from Coral. I had to hound the Sales Consultant at Ormeau about it because head office would not process it without the area manager signing off on it. We had to tell them which builder we were going to be building with. Good luck with your build with Hallmark I will be following your thread.

I am still learning to use tapatalk. Here is a copy of our plan:

Hello Henry,

Dechellis do build beautiful homes, I followed charleston's build with Dechellis and her facade was stunning, beautiful home too.

Yes they do build homes very quickly up here, it's almost a blink of a eye and the house will be finished.

Looking forward to seeing those slab pics and also following along. Good looking floor plan you have too, very clever pushing the kitchen sink/bench out under the eave, our new plan has a similar lay out with a kitchen sink to the window.

If it's any help the easiest way to add photos and update/read your thread and others is through the app tapatalk, select home one and your thread and you off and running, you can add photos from your phones pic library too.

Hi Henry, I like your house plan! Will be cool to watch your house being built

Looks lovely. Can't wait to see your progress. A friend of mine is just about to start building at Coomera too.
Thank you everyone.

We love our plans and as Tribe7 has picked up we did change the plan to suit. We pushed the wall out in the kitchen and media so that we had more kitchen cupboards space and a larger media room. We also changed the WIR and ensuite layout. They were the only changes which we made to the plan.

Timeline to date:

1/10/16 holding deposit put down on block
8/10/16 contract signed for block
24/10/16 Visited NuTrend Quality Homes Display
1/12/16 Initial deposit paid to NuTrend
11/12/16 Contract signed
15/12/16 Land registered
12/1/17 Balance of deposit paid
27/1/17 Settlement on land
7/2/17 Colour Selections etc
3/3/17 Signed off on Selections etc
20/3/17 Site to be cut - not done - too wet
21/3/17 Earthmoving equipment on site - still too wet
22/3/17 Site cut
26/3/17 Piers done
4/4/17 Plumbing done
6/4/17 Site prep for forming slab
6/4/17 Waffle pods arrived
7/4/17 Slab forming complete
10/4/17 Slab poured
10/4/17 Frames arrived minus roof trusses - suppose to arrive on 12/4/17
ninnygray
Looks lovely. Can't wait to see your progress. A friend of mine is just about to start building at Coomera too.

Cheers ninnygray

There is so much happening in Coomera. New builds are popping up in our area nearly everyday since the February. Where abouts is your friend building? Maybe they are near us
Tribe7
Hello Henry,

Dechellis do build beautiful homes, I followed charleston's build with Dechellis and her facade was stunning, beautiful home too.

Yes they do build homes very quickly up here, it's almost a blink of a eye and the house will be finished.

Looking forward to seeing those slab pics and also following along. Good looking floor plan you have too, very clever pushing the kitchen sink/bench out under the eave, our new plan has a similar lay out with a kitchen sink to the window.

If it's any help the easiest way to add photos and update/read your thread and others is through the app tapatalk, select home one and your thread and you off and running, you can add photos from your phones pic library too.

Thanks Tribe7

Here are some pics of build so far.

some more pics of build.
HENRY
ninnygray

Cheers ninnygray

There is so much happening in Coomera. New builds are popping up in our area nearly everyday since the February. Where abouts is your friend building? Maybe they are near us

Hi Henry
They are building in Azure Way

You are making fantastic progress!

Thank you ninnygrey

Your friends are close to the NuTrend display home at Pacific Cove.

Yes, our build is moving very fast. NuTrend have a 14 week build time and it is a turn key build. They are doing everything for us including letterbox. Hopefully it goes well and on time.
14 weeks seems so fast! So exciting!!

Yes it is exciting Melt23, but now I'm starting to think that there's something I have forgotten and I don't know what it is.

Frames started yesterday. Carpenters are hoping to come back tomorrow and finish off roof.

Henry's Build on the Gold Coast
Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum