Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home :) Building with Dixon Homes

Page 11 of 31
It does make it hard when you have life and work commitments. Mr T went and meet our site super at like 6.30am a couple of times before he caught the train to work in Brissy. I'm sure if you ask your SS about a early morning visit he will oblige. When is hubby home again?? If it's soon you could always send him instead

We have a walk through with ours at the completion of each stage. I try to visit site most days, I have flexible work hours, so I have happened to run in to ours 3 times already plus 1 walk through. It is good to talk to them and try to get a bit of a relationship started, but not essential. We're on our third one, first one it was great to meet, he was full of info, I didn't meet the second, third one isn't very talkative and it's like getting blood out of a stone, I don't think he has any interest in communicating with us. The only thing I've gained by meeting him is frustration.

Tribe7
It does make it hard when you have life and work commitments. Mr T went and meet our site super at like 6.30am a couple of times before he caught the train to work in Brissy. I'm sure if you ask your SS about a early morning visit he will oblige. When is hubby home again?? If it's soon you could always send him instead

Hubby gets home really late Friday night than he's off again on Tuesday... I'll have to try and meet him there tomorrow morning. I don't want the walls going in and still no pipe. But I may send hubby on Monday too

bank
We have a walk through with ours at the completion of each stage. I try to visit site most days, I have flexible work hours, so I have happened to run in to ours 3 times already plus 1 walk through. It is good to talk to them and try to get a bit of a relationship started, but not essential. We're on our third one, first one it was great to meet, he was full of info, I didn't meet the second, third one isn't very talkative and it's like getting blood out of a stone, I don't think he has any interest in communicating with us. The only thing I've gained by meeting him is frustration.

I've really only talked to ours on the phone once and that's when I rang to introduce myself. Every other time I've tried to ring and he's either on the phone or it goes to voicemail. So I send a message to ask the particular question I have at the time. Looks like I need to organise this meeting so we can talk directly to each other as I also have a different question about a pipe that goes through the roof from the bathtub I think
they haven't put anything around it so when it rained the other day the water came through the roof and down the frame

I went out to the block to see everything in the daylight & I was going to take some better pics
just after I pulled up our SS pulled up. He let me know that our gas is being installed tomorrow and the bricks should also be starting
I think he said today it will be wrapped! The back door will also be replaced as it was sitting out in the rain & it has started to swell. I asked about the hole in the roof where the pipe goes through & it gets silicon put around it and also something that goes over the top to seal it off

Unfortunately I wasn't able to take any pics as I used up all of my time talking

Hey question, fleabee! I notice your roof doesn't have sarking. Is that included or not with Dixon Homes SEQ? And if it does, is it normal to sark after the roof is placed??

When we saw that our colorbond arrived, I was half wondering.. are they gonna sark before or after the roof goes up?
ruraldoc
Hey question, fleabee! I notice your roof doesn't have sarking. Is that included or not with Dixon Homes SEQ? And if it does, is it normal to sark after the roof is placed??

When we saw that our colorbond arrived, I was half wondering.. are they gonna sark before or after the roof goes up?

If they are going to use it it goes down on top of the roof battens before the sheets.
ruraldoc

Hey Rural! To be completely honest I had no idea what darling was.... that's until the Stroud home that's getting built in our street had it put on just after our roof went up.
They never asked us if we wanted it so I'm guessing that no it's not included.

All good. It's just an extra layer of insulation what appears to be made of a plastic/foil wrap haha
Bradfords is one of the bigger companies that supply them. Anticon is another similar product which I didn't know about either...
But no worries, our roof is nearly done and the green sarking appears to be on!
ruraldoc
All good. It's just an extra layer of insulation what appears to be made of a plastic/foil wrap haha
Bradfords is one of the bigger companies that supply them. Anticon is another similar product which I didn't know about either...
But no worries, our roof is nearly done and the green sarking appears to be on!

Wowza that's looking great

Glad to hear you got your gas pipes sorted out! How was your SS, useful?
allblaqk
Glad to hear you got your gas pipes sorted out! How was your SS, useful?

Thanks allblaqk
Our SS was really good when I was talking to him. Took the time to listen to my concerns & agreed with some of my concerns over the gas pipe. Very reassuring that it would all get done and a professional finish. My main concern was a patch up job if the pipe wasn't put in before the walls went up. Having said that I still don't think we will just get a call or message from him unless we ask a question

fleabee86
Thanks allblaqk
Our SS was really good when I was talking to him. Took the time to listen to my concerns & agreed with some of my concerns over the gas pipe. Very reassuring that it would all get done and a professional finish. My main concern was a patch up job if the pipe wasn't put in before the walls went up. Having said that I still don't think we will just get a call or message from him unless we ask a question

That's good that at least he was helpful, even if you have to get in contact first. I haven't heard a peep from our SS yet, aha, but i'm not too worried (yet!) Can't wait to see the job they do of your gas piping
allblaqk
fleabee86
Thanks allblaqk

That's good that at least he was helpful, even if you have to get in contact first. I haven't heard a peep from our SS yet, aha, but i'm not too worried (yet!) Can't wait to see the job they do of your gas piping

I've been told that most SS won't contact people unless there is something wrong.... I rang mine to say hi and introduced myself cause I didn't know if there was an etiquette

I went last night and the pipe had been put in

Lol not the best photo but I'm going back after work today to take some pics in the day light! We've had our bricks started as well so it'll be a mass of pics taken

Yay can't wait to see them

I would ring my SS to say Hi and introduce myself but I'm too socially awkward lol
Looking awesome fleabee. Great to hear your gas connection is being sorted before the bricking starts and the laundry door is going to be replaced. Look forward to seeing more pics
Super happy since I bumped into the the SS this week! I have been a little bit of a stalker to my own house this week 🤣 but it's really nice to see that we have had some great progress!

Plasterboard and cornice were delivered

Gas pipe was installed (finally)

House was partially wrapped and the next day the Brickies were there starting

Of course I went back last night

And this was this afternoon
we only have the front & other side to go
oh and of course the tops of those 2 sides

Oh and our 3 stacker was installed!

How did I forget that

Wohoo looking amazing!!
It looks fantastic! Loving your big stacker door - how long is it?

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Related
30/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Not much building go on in Croydon given the project has been on hold for years. Not sure how First Avenue Homes has time to build anything when it has four active civil…

1/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So still no slab and apparently the concreter cancelled. Here come the delays... apparently things haven't recovered quite as much as I thought. I've been told maybe next…

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum