Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 31 of 73
Some good eofy shopping done today. Changed our mind on the couch when we walked into Plush and saw one that was perfect for our lounge. An extra 5% off helped seal the deal.

Also ordered the dining table and chairs we wanted from Focus on Furniture. They were happy to mix and match what I wanted without any additional cost which was good.

blackcat20
Some good eofy shopping done today. Changed our mind on the couch when we walked into Plush and saw one that was perfect for our lounge. An extra 5% off helped seal the deal.

Also ordered the dining table and chairs we wanted from Focus on Furniture. They were happy to mix and match what I wanted without any additional cost which was good.

The couch will look good for your lounge! Great choice!
Kimmykim
blackcat20

The couch will look good for your lounge! Great choice!
Thanks! It was right at the front of the store and exactly what we wanted for that back room.

Drew01
We've been living in my parents city house for 3 years, which has been interesting when there's 6 people in A3 bed room house...

U will m love living in your own house and have all the space to yourselves.

Renman
Drew01
We've been living in my parents city house for 3 years, which has been interesting when there's 6 people in A3 bed room house...

U will m love living in your own house and have all the space to yourselves.

You bet your life we will!!

Plus my folks want to start a reno when we move out

I'm also very much looking forward to moving out of my grandmas place. Three households in one house is squishy and I'm definitely missing having all my own stuff. Unpacking is going to be like Christmas
And apparently we have a roof!
And it looks like it’s the wrong colour 🙄
blackcat20
And it looks like it’s the wrong colour
You're kidding??

Drew01
blackcat20
You're kidding??

We can’t be sure but the photo we were sent seems to suggest it is wrong. It looks lighter than the gutter when it should all be monument, and the neighbour thinks it’s woodland grey.
Got a picture. My partner works with colourbond products.
blackcat20
And it looks like it’s the wrong colour 🙄

I hope it's just because of the sunlight reflection causing the colour looks lighter? Maybe you should call up your SS to check
blackcat20
Drew01
blackcat20
You're kidding??

We can’t be sure but the photo we were sent seems to suggest it is wrong. It looks lighter than the gutter when it should all be monument, and the neighbour thinks it’s woodland grey.

Oh I hope not. Do you have a pic? I’ll try find a decent one of ours @ that stage. During the build we can see the colour would change throughout the day but evening was it’s true colour

Emmz70
blackcat20
Drew01
[quote="blackcat20"]And it looks like it’s the wrong colour
You're kidding??

Oh I hope not. Do you have a pic? I’ll try find a decent one of ours @ that stage. During the build we can see the colour would change throughout the day but evening was it’s true colour

[/quote]Only a blurry pic from the distance but the roof looks much lighter than the gutters.

icat2000
Got a picture. My partner works with colourbond products.
Only from a long distance. It's not just that it looks too light, but that it looks way lighter than the gutters and it's all meant to be monument. My neighbour works for a paint company and she thinks its woodland grey.

In the photos you posted earlier in the thread, I'd guess Woodland Grey or Basalt

Drew01
In the photos you posted earlier in the thread, I'd guess Woodland Grey or Basalt

That's got an Instagram filter over it, the gutters are definitely monument. But the roof looks much lighter and greyer.

blackcat20
Drew01

That's got an Instagram filter over it, the gutters are definitely monument. But the roof looks much lighter and greyer.

Have you posted a pic on this thread? I can't seem to find it? I hope it all gets sorted for you!
shokel1975
blackcat20
Drew01

Have you posted a pic on this thread? I can't seem to find it? I hope it all gets sorted for you!

Not of the roof as you care barely see it in the photo; it was taken from a block away.

However I have spoken to the SS and hes 99% certain it is Monument, but will double check today and send me a decent photo. He thinks its just a combination of glare and a bad photo that makes it look lighter than the gutter.
Hoping you get good news! But I guess if not, it is up to M to fix it.... however you don't want more delays.... fingers crossed!
Related
15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum