Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 28 of 73
sparrowsnest
I wonder if someone has just dumped some extra party rubbish there
. It doesn’t looks like tradie rubbish.

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Id say so. Wine and beer bottles, and bbq meat packets.

One neighbor has had a Christmas tree dumped in their block...
blackcat20
sparrowsnest

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Someone keep their old xmas tree for 5 months before getting rid of it.

Renman
blackcat20
sparrowsnest

Someone keep their old xmas tree for 5 months before getting rid of it.

It's been sitting there since January (saw it amongst the long grass ages ago). Now they've started its been pushed onto the naturestrip. There are also other random things dumped around the estate like a couch, baby capsule etc. I think we got off quite lightly with the concrete.
Slab inspection report came back all good. They just need to tidy up the membrane overhang. It’s perfectly level, positioned correctly and all step downs are millimeter perfect.
blackcat20
Slab inspection report came back all good. They just need to tidy up the membrane overhang. It’s perfectly level, positioned correctly and all step downs are millimeter perfect.

So great to hear you are getting some good news finally!
blackcat20
sparrowsnest

We had three Christmas trees dumped on our nature strip just at New Year...

Looks like the form for your shower base is there, but the rest is some a-hole dumping their rubbish...

Drew01

Looks like the form for your shower base is there, but the rest is some a-hole dumping their rubbish...

Would they really leave the shower form amongst the rubbish? Our ensuite shower is a double but the other one is standard size.

blackcat20
Drew01

Would they really leave the shower form amongst the rubbish? Our ensuite shower is a double but the other one is standard size.

Who knows... Concreters are a different breed of tradie...

Probably find that a lot of the water bottles were theirs as well if our site was anything to go by...

I reckon each of them drank 2-3 litres

Drew01
blackcat20
Drew01

Probably find that a lot of the water bottles were theirs as well if our site was anything to go by...

They’re all wine and beer bottles.

Showers are upstairs so no concrete?
blackcat20
Drew01
blackcat20
[quote="Drew01"]

They’re all wine and beer bottles.

Showers are upstairs so no concrete?[/quote]Is there a recessed area anywhere the size of that box piece?

Might also be your neighbours...

Hard to tell, I think ours should be bigger. Probably comes from the site to our left. Their loo is still on its side and no signage as yet.

Our BSC says frames are expected to be complete June 8 (weather dependent of course), so we shouldnt miss much being away next week. Going to take a peek this Friday to see if anything has been done.
Spoke to our SS for the first time, sounds absolultely lovely. More than happy for us to check out the build at any time and make an appointment when we want to walk through. And expects it to take around 23 weeks from now
When I said I just want to be in by Christmas he lauged, said that wasn't even an issue.
blackcat20
Spoke to our SS for the first time, sounds absolultely lovely. More than happy for us to check out the build at any time and make an appointment when we want to walk through. And expects it to take around 23 weeks from now
When I said I just want to be in by Christmas he lauged, said that wasn't even an issue.

That's a great news! We are still waiting for Metricon to tell us when they will start the work at site. We have been waiting for 2 weeks plus
So glad you've got an agreeable site manager - I can't speak highly enough of ours

Ground level is almost done. Love that we'll have nice big front and back doors. Happy that frames are being built on site.

Kimmykim
blackcat20

That's a great news! We are still waiting for Metricon to tell us when they will start the work at site. We have been waiting for 2 weeks plus
Have you settled on your land? We took about 14 weeks from settlement to start.

blackcat20
Kimmykim
blackcat20

Have you settled on your land? We took about 14 weeks from settlement to start.

We have land settled November last year. Our building permit was granted 30 April but we only managed to get our unconditional financing documents on 15th May.
Kimmykim
We have land settled November last year. Our building permit was granted 30 April but we only managed to get our unconditional financing documents on 15th May.

M are unlikely to start the preconstruction process until finance is in place so you might still be waiting a few months to start.

Looks like some good progress while we were away; heading down this afternoon to see it for myself.

Related
15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum